IGNORED

Does anyone know where to find the scripture.....

Guest angel a

Guest angel a
Am 9:13 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt." KJV

This isn't the verse that I remember that it means the same thing, doesn't it?

The verse that I'm thinking of was referred to on a couple of websites but they didn't give the scriptural basis.

I had just spent some time looking for the following verse b/c I thought it said 10 but it's 7 -

Isa 4:1 "When that day comes, seven women will grab one man and say, "We'll eat our own food and provide our own clothes. Just let us marry you for your name. Take away our disgrace." If the above verse isn't it, can you remember a word or phrase that we could use to search for? I searched for "season" and "seasons" in biblegateway.

The exact way that we've quoted this is "You will not be able to tell one season from another, before that great and terrible Day of the LORD."

I have looked and looked, and still unable to locate it in scripture. i feel that there is a lesson for me and others in this. You may have been taught something all of your life that you base doctrine on and it may not be founded in scripture, it could even seem to true, but we have to KNOW for ourselves from GOD HIMSELF. What can be shaken will be shaken. i still hope that we can find it, but i am beginning to think that it is not there.

Thank you Terter, and all. May the LORD Bless You all. angela

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

What about this one:-

1Th 5:1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that aught be written unto you.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:3 When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief:

or this one:-

Joe 2:30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come

dont know if this is any good.

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

What about this one:-

1Th 5:1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that aught be written unto you.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:3 When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief:

or this one:-

Joe 2:30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come

dont know if this is any good.

:P

I looked through my concordance and the word 'SEASONS' is not used in the context in which you are using. Most of the scripture using the word is listed on this post.

but what I found interesting is that Israel only had two seasons and the other thought that came to me was that when the sun and moon are not fully functioning seasons will be different. They are changing now...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't recall a scripture about the seasons being confused or not being able to tell one from the other. We are told that there will be signs in the heavens as well as drought, plagues etc in the tribulation period. But there is also this promise of God in Genesis:

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Boy you sure picked a hard one here. Probably not what you are looking for but here goes anyways.

Revelation 8:12--"And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it and the night likewise."

I will keep looking

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

post #15 - the verse that's being referred to - doesn't say that the seasons will cease - just that it will be difficult to determine based on the weather.

Still looking also.