IGNORED

Liberals and conservatives literally think differently, really!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Holy Moley, you guys! I just thought it was a humorous article! Y'all take this stuff way too serious! :emot-hug:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The day that Bush gets called a rapist and a murderer by Democrats is the day that you guys will have room to talk.

He's been called a lot worse than that.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"The study also stated that Liberals more readily accept science than Conservatives. You seem to be proving that one"

Oh, don't you worry, I'll accept science so long as it actually follows the scientific method, as you know. So if evolution doesn't follow the scientific method, I'll accept it as a philosophy, not a science.

You still have the opportunity to prove that evolution follows the scientific method and is real science in apologetics forum.

I'm still waiting.........................................................................

....... :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I've wondered about that at times, if the liberal brain was somehow different, that it could actually think the way it does.

If that is the case, I'm glad I got a conservative brain! Having a liberal one sounds scary.

I tend to believe in the theory espoused by Michael Savage that liberalism is a mental dissorder. To me, this study that liberals think differently than conservatives backs that up. They simply can't help themselves. I think the evil pharmaseudical industry needs to come up with a pill to finally cure liberals so they will stop screwing up the country. Sean Hannity cannot hanitize everyone by himself, and it appears some will need medication and likely a lot of therapy.

Depending on who's reading the data, this study could also show that conservatives are more contemplative, taking longer to make decisions.

Or that liberals have better hand-eye coordination from all that practice on their X-boxes.

"Analyzing the data, Sulloway said liberals were 4.9 times as likely as conservatives to show activity in the brain circuits that deal with conflicts, and 2.2 times as likely to score in the top half of the distribution for accuracy."

So liberals show more activity in the part of the brain that deals with conflicts? Is that a surprise? Is that because they are naturally combative?

Actually that means they are more able to resolve conflicts.

Is that why the majority of conservatives are quiet when a liberal is elected and in power but when a conservative is voted in and in power all hell breaks loose? It's their brains? They can't help it?

I would argue that Bush has had it easy compared to how the Republicans treated Clinton.

I say we throw out the genes and go back to the garden where we can wear aprons made of leaves. Sounds refreshing in this heat :mgqueen:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

As we are seeing, true or not, this kind of thinking does no good. The last thing we need is for "Well you have a liberal/conservative brain so your opinion doesn't count" to be seen as a logical argument."

I don't buy into the idea that anything in our brain that we are born with can determine our choices. I make the choices in my life and I analyse the concepts and decide which one is more logical and more in line with the way Christ would want me to think. That is why I am the way I am, not because the chemicals in my brain made me partially liberal with a dose of conservative.

I think that the environment one is raised in affects their decisions (but does not make them, the person has free will to make them) and decisions are certainly not made based on the brain someone was born with. The concept of being liberal or conservative did not even exist at creation, how could it possibly be part of our brains structure?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I've wondered about that at times, if the liberal brain was somehow different, that it could actually think the way it does.

If that is the case, I'm glad I got a conservative brain! Having a liberal one sounds scary.

I tend to believe in the theory espoused by Michael Savage that liberalism is a mental dissorder. To me, this study that liberals think differently than conservatives backs that up. They simply can't help themselves. I think the evil pharmaseudical industry needs to come up with a pill to finally cure liberals so they will stop screwing up the country. Sean Hannity cannot hanitize everyone by himself, and it appears some will need medication and likely a lot of therapy.

:mgqueen::mgfrog:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Depending on who's reading the data, this study could also show that conservatives are more contemplative, taking longer to make decisions.

Or that liberals have better hand-eye coordination from all that practice on their X-boxes.

"Analyzing the data, Sulloway said liberals were 4.9 times as likely as conservatives to show activity in the brain circuits that deal with conflicts, and 2.2 times as likely to score in the top half of the distribution for accuracy."

So liberals show more activity in the part of the brain that deals with conflicts? Is that a surprise? Is that because they are naturally combative?

Actually that means they are more able to resolve conflicts.

Is that why the majority of conservatives are quiet when a liberal is elected and in power but when a conservative is voted in and in power all hell breaks loose? It's their brains? They can't help it?

I would argue that Bush has had it easy compared to how the Republicans treated Clinton.

I say we throw out the genes and go back to the garden where we can wear aprons made of leaves. Sounds refreshing in this heat :mgqueen:

sorry i'm a liberal - i don't believe in the fig leaves - i think we were beings of light (just kidding - REALLY)

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Just kidding about what part :mgqueen:

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Isn't adding "Liberal" and "think" an oxymoron? :mgqueen:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Isn't adding "Liberal" and "think" an oxymoron? :mgqueen:

This coming from the anti-science - if it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, then its to complicated for me, right wing. :mgfrog:

Alan Simpson, a former Republican Senator from Wyoming, used to say:

"We have two political parties in this country, the Stupid Party and the Evil Party. I belong to the Stupid Party."

Of course there is that old saying: "Vote Republican, its easier than thinking." (There is a funnier Democrat counterpart: "Vote Democrat, it's easier than working")

Seriously though, you guys on the right can't call liberals a bunch of elitist intellectuals and claim that all scientists are liberals in on breath and then insinuate we are stupid in the next....

I might also point out that the majority of those with post graduate degrees vote Democrat in every election.