IGNORED

Liberals and conservatives literally think differently, really!

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;"

Ephesians 5:19

AND your money is NOT YOUR MONEY, it is HIS and He has given it to you to Steward, to see how you use it. Whether for yourself, or self righteously, or in His Service.
:)

Well Dear Brother, I Think You Are Preaching To Both The Choir Or At Less, To The Piano Banger :) And The Preacher's Wife.

Beloved Baby Sister Has Given Everything She Has To Her Lord And Savior.

I Rather Doubt She Needs A Lecture From A Couple Of Wise, Er, Loving Brothers In Stewardship And Such!

In Fact I Could Guess Most Sisters At Worthy Need No Directions In Christian Charity Outside Of The Instructions They Read In God's Holy Bible.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Psalms 133:1

Be Blessed Beloved Brother In The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

BUT unlike them, you want to destroy what has flaws, not fix it!!!

IF its flawed, its broken needs to be scrapped. Fixing a flawed product is not productive and rarely works.

Look at Social Security, its flawed from the start. Its a ponzi scheme, yet they keep trying to fix it and it keeps breaking because it cannot possibly work. You can't keep borrowing tomorrows money to pay todays bill, eventually you don't have any money to borrow.

You see people abusing welfare and want to destroy the program,

Yep you bet! Welfare fosters mediocracy, and laziness. What good is welfare doing the ones who cannot work? not a bit of good because the ones who can work but only want a free ride are sucking it dry.

regardless of all the children,

Oh geeze, the mantra of the liberal. "What about the children". Heres a simple strategy that will work. Remove welfare, and stop basing the welfare on the number of kids you have and guess what, folks on welfare will stop having kids especially when it costs them out of their own pockets to feed them.

At least they are trying to follow Jesus commands of helping the poor, the elderly, the infirm, the orphan.

I beg your pardon? Where in the bible does jesus say thy government is charged with taking care of the orphaned and widowed!??? I can't find it in my bible.

What i do find is the church being charged with taking care of the orphaned and widowed. Lets get it back where it belongs, in the churches hands, not the governments.

AND to further cap it off, Jesus commands we help those in need, but He NEVER gives you the right to judge whether they deserve it or not.

Really? Your able to post the scripture that backs this right? book chapter and verse please

AND your money is NOT YOUR MONEY, it is HIS and He has given it to you to Steward, to see how you use it.
Book Chapter and verse please!

and if He wants the Government adminstrating it, that is fine too.

Again scripture that supports this!

He does say "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's"

soo????? how does that pertain to government providing welfare?

He never says rebel or complain about excess taxation that you don't want to pay.

He never forbade it either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

He never says rebel or complain about excess taxation that you don't want to pay.

He also says do not steal, and that is what much of taxation is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

He also says do not steal, and that is what much of taxation is.

Not everyone on welfare abuses it. while I was terminaly ill and still am awaiting to hear from disability which took six years, I had nothing to live on but 10,000 dollars, after that was gone I had to spply for temporary assistance. It is not easy to get it if you are white...I am serious..the accusations made were horrible..., I had a daughter as well. When I was in a shelter the government payed the shelter a little under 4000.00 a month for myself and my child...to stayin a room 12ft by 12 ft. There was very little help at all to get those in there who were capable of working, any skills at all to get them independent of the system.

One girl in there had one daughter...she herself had a mother addictted to meth and cocaine and was moved from one family to another. All on welfare. Because they were on welfare there was no provision made for further schooling beyond 12th grade. While in the shelter she did find a job..I watched her daughter. Instead of allowing her to save her money to find a place to live they took 3/4 of her paycheck for staying at the shelter. When she inquired to go to a community college

they refused her saying she had to work. She eventually got saved and some people outside from within churches helped her. When I did find a place to live welfare gave me 395.00 for rent, 42 dollars every two weeks and 150.00 in food stamps. I had to fight with them to get my daughter meds they would not pay for.

I am currently on diability and have been waiting two years for the money owed to me.

Thee money comes out of my Social security. I praise The Lord for the jobs and talents he gave me that I had been able to work in the past. payed my taxes for over 32 years, saved lives on my job and had good standing with those who employed me and my lawyers as well as the judges I saw. But it is something that taught me a lesson , and showed me that there are people out there who need help on occasion and there are those who are bound by the system.

Welfare was first to help the working person who needed relief after loosing a job, a long illness. It was instituted after abolishing the widows pension.

Somewhere along the line, there went something terribly wrong. Out of my impovershed state I would still be able to give to another who was in need, because Jesus supplied more than I wanted. Praise The Lord.

I was in that shelter for 3.5 months...They got payed.. 16000.00 dollars for me being there. That was just two people out of twenty families in there...patricia1 :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hey -- Recovered Liberal here.

Participated in my first protest at 11 over freeway development. The last overt demonstration was voting for Gore in 2000. Ayn Rand was my guiding light. Freud, Darwin, Mead, & Kinsey; all heroes. Got the picture? I was a blue-blooded liberal.

Never ever could I have scripted the epiphanies/revelations that came to me when Christ came into my life.

Point here is that liberals are near and dear to me and I don't like seeing them suffer and/or continue to make (Sad footnote is friends and family alike gave me the heave-hoe as soon as they heard anything about becoming a Christian.) So I

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Whoa Nelly! Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged revolutionized my thinking...she was no liberal. BUT...liberalism...ugh...the scourge of America and the absolute bane of my existence.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No liberal?! With a ballerina's grace and the weight of an elephant she comes down on the end of the teeter-totter that launch's a generation of liberals toward the strata they now claim. She's to self-worship what Paul is to us! Discuss...

Hi & nice to see your reply. Rand was pivotal to my thinking to say the least. Schrugged was heavy for me too. Read or skimmed most of her work. Her collaboration with Nathaniel Brandon was the last I read before launching my own stardom. Talk about living in "opposite world" --- the Lord laid it out to me after 'I' was removed from the center of my life.

Now, did you say something about "she's no liberal?" If you have a case, please present. In the meantime, I'm off to find a good photo of Achmedinijad. He joins Pelosi (a tie) for Liberal of the Month. Don't ya love what she's done with her face?

Talk soon.

mchallen

No liberal?! With a ballerina's grace and the weight of an elephant she comes down on the end of the teeter-totter that launch's a generation of liberals toward the strata they now claim. She's to self-worship what Paul is to us! Discuss...

Hi & nice to see your reply. Rand was pivotal to my thinking to say the least. Schrugged was heavy for me too. Read or skimmed most of her work. Her collaboration with Nathaniel Brandon was the last I read before launching my own stardom. Talk about living in "opposite world" --- the Lord laid it out to me after 'I' was removed from the center of my life.

Now, did you say something about "she's no liberal?" If you have a case, please present. In the meantime, I'm off to find a good photo of Achmedinijad. He joins Pelosi (a tie) for Liberal of the Month. Don't ya love what she's done with her face?

Talk soon.

mchallen

Rand was a libertarian, not a liberal; there is a difference. If, when we say "liberal," we are talking about a person who believes in the redistribution of wealth, a massive centralized government, government intrusion into our lives, high taxation, craddle to grave care from the Nanny State, etc. then she could hardly be considered a liberal. Her doctrine of individual responisbility definitely precludes her being a liberal. Many of my thoughts concerning politics and economics have come directly from her. Now, having said that, of course there are elements of libertarianism (her brand of it, anyway) that could be considered contrary to the Word of G-d, but that's a subject that has been beaten to death here in the past.

The Iranian leader is just a nut. Pelosi is most definitely a liberal in the classic sense, and just as dangerous. She looks good, though. I'm guessing she spent upwards of $30,000 on her new face. Pity she couldn't get her mouth fixed while she was under the knife......

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

The Iranian leader is just a nut. Pelosi is most definitely a liberal in the classic sense, and just as dangerous. She looks good, though. I'm guessing she spent upwards of $30,000 on her new face. Pity she couldn't get her mouth fixed while she was under the knife......

Saying that Pelosi is as dangerous as the Iranian leader is about as reasoned of a statement as the Iranian leader claiming that Iran has no homosexuals.

I mean come on.

Saying that Pelosi is as dangerous as the Iranian leader is about as reasoned of a statement as the Iranian leader claiming that Iran has no homosexuals.

I mean come on.

Incrementalism. Look how FDR's incrementalism has left us. I'd say that's pretty dangerous--a different kind of danger, but danger nonetheless.