IGNORED

Throwing out the Old Testament

Blood Stained Soul

Guest shadow2b
-I can't even put it into words yet but I'll mull around on it for a few days and try to post what I believe the Lord was showing me

-ohhhhhhh--buooooyyyy--ohh-buoyyy-ohh-buooyy--gooddy-gooddy-GOODDEEYYchili.gifbanana.gif I

-KIN-hardly WaiTT-huurrryy--huuuurrrryyy--hurryyy-or I'LL go whackosupertongue.gifmebby I shud RE-vise that ta read-whacko-ier- ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Old Covenant between Abraham God and Abraham's 'seed' (Jesus Christ) has been completely fulfilled and replaced by the New Covenant established by Christ's broken Body and shed Blood.

And no believer in Christ is obligated to the Old Covenant or to the Law of Moses.

This was the unanimous consensus of all the Jewish Apostles that convened in Jerusalem to answer the Gentile question. (Acts 15)

Paul, in Romans, spoke even to Jews who accepted Christ, that the Old Covenant and even the Law was but a 'schoolmaster' until the school student could become a full adult and no longer need such teachers.

Paul's point is, that although the Old Testament and Law of Moses had its place in History, since Christ came, it no longer applies.

Just as you have outgrown your 2nd grade reading primer, and it no longer applies...it does not mean that the 2nd grade primer NEVER applied....It did at one time...when that was the only thing you could understand. And hopefully it means, that the 2nd grade principles learned are still somehow found in your current reading abilities....

In that regard, then, no Christian, Jewish or Gentile, in under the Old Covenant nor obligated to it.

No Christian, Jewish or Gentile, is under the Law of Moses.

That the Law of Moses continues to exist, is a witness against unbelieving jews to the futility of trying to observe it, and a testimony against them that they need a Savior in Jesus, their Messiah.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 51:9

Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

We'd better not forget the "ancient days". They are the OT.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

:)

Dear BSS,

I will be eager to see what you post. In regard to the Sabbath, I have some points I would like to bring up, as to why we "should" observe the Sabbath. But, have gone round and round on that one many times (ey wordsower?) But, if you're willing to hear, I'd bring them up again. :)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Hello BSS,

a lot of great replies above. Since I didn't see this particular one. I'll toss it in the ring for consideration.

We need the OT for its prophetical value. We also need it for its historical and geographical value. The NT substantiates and gives credibility to the prophesies of old.

Just my 2

Daniel 9:2 in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the Lord through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. 3 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.

Just as it was important for Daniel to know "what to do", so it is for us. We still need to recognize what is to come. The prophets serve a purpose, not to mention the lessons we can learn from the Israelites.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Just my opinion.......

Although under the new covenant we are no longer under the Law of Moses, God desires we live a holier lifestyle. Only recently did I realize that perhaps the guidelines for that life can be found in the moral part of the law of Moses. Not that following it will save you, but that using it as a guideline for how God wants us to live might be a better way to view it. Some modifications to this were made in the NT, but otherwise, I think that may be a way to understand how God wishes us to be from a moral standpoint. I am still studying this for myself to see how this fits into the Christian life.

As far as the sabbath, I beleive there is a scripture in the epistles that states that everyday should be viewed as the Lord's day, a sabbath day. So Saturday or Sunday really doesnt make any difference.

Since all of the bible points to the fall of man and God's plan for mankind's salvation, both the Old and New testaments are important to us. Jesus isnt confined to the NT or the Gospels. He is to be found in the OT as well. Both are important to beleivers.

Yes, I agree, Ayin Jade.

Jesus embodies the OT as well as the NT. He is the fulfillment of the Whole Word.

By the way, WELCOME to Worthy Boards!

In His Love,

Suzanne