Advice About Praying

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I know the LORD is blessing you as you seek him........

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greg Davies
Being here, finding this forum, well... it has and is a haven for me really, to offload a little and to get assistance at a safe distance, where if people judge me then it doesn't matter because i can just leave. Not that that's happened, you all have been so loving and understanding but i also need truth with a capital T, even when it might sting me.

I know i need to pray, i feel so wretched and don;t know where to begin and am afraid as irrational as it sounds, that God will not want me speaking to him yet.

Let me try to help. You confess that you want the Truth. That's good because it will set you free. God says My word is Truth (John 17:17). Are you willing to confess His word?

I Tim 2:5 tells us that there is one mediator between God and man: Jesus Christ and those that call on His name shall be saved (Acts 2:21). Call on Jesus now. Just say His name.

Don't say you can't, you have free will, you can do what you want. Are you willing? Say His name, JESUS!

At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow (Phil. 2:9-11). So in the name of Jesus I bind every hindering spirit that would keep you from praying and I say be loosed and call on the name of Jesus!

Now tell the Lord all that you are ashamed of because if we confess our sins, He is faithfull and just to forgive us and cleanse us from ALL sin (I John 1:9).

Say, "the blood of Jesus cleanses me from all sin" (I John 1:7). Confess it over and over. It is the Truth.

Now stand on that promise. Any feeling or thought that counters this truth is a lie. Reject it in the name of Jesus. I declare victory that is in the name of Jesus Christ be yours now and forever. Amen

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I hadn't seriously read your reply until this morning, i skimmed over it the day you posted it but it's taken me a while to read it with a view to actually doing what you suggested.

I came to the realisation; what choice do i have?

Stay confused

Walk away

Move forward in faith and try somethng new

It's not that i believe my sin is too huge for God to forgive, not at all. I just am so afraid he can see my heart and see's the hypocracy and mess in there and knows that's the only reason i would be repentant. If you ask me, i would tell you that's not the reason but God is supposed to know my heart more than i do, so it could well be. I know i'm probably not making sense but i'm just very mixed up and confused about all this still.

I've started praying though

I figure i have nothing to loose even if by my own actions, i have burned the bridge.

Edited by femelle

Guest Greg Davies
I just am so afraid he can see my heart and see's the self pity, hypocracy and mess in there and knows that's the only reason i am repentant which is not true repentance at all (or something along those lines).

I wonder that i'm not solely responsible for all the floods in Britain lately :wub:

God bless you sister! :th_frusty: You are praying through. Press on and don't give up. He is faithful.

The quotes above are thoughts a feelings that are not from the Lord. He is not the author of confusion (I Cor 14:33) nor does He give us a spirit of fear (II Tim 1:7). Make these scriptures part of your revived prayer life and be victorious! Do you go to a church regularly? :) Greg.

Edited by Greg Davies

Thank you, both of you.

I don't go to a church, no. I haven't for a long while.

I was part of a church from age 18 onwards when a friend convinced me to join.

I don't think i would be of any use to any church at the moment so i don't attend. I would not want to go there and be a drain on their resources either, i know how it can be when people need a lot and can give very little at first.

Edited by femelle

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Now this is where my pride comes in because i am reluctant to post yet again looking for advice but i really need to.

I'm working on my other issue, taken the advice offered and made an appointment with a careers office.

This one is a little closer to things that hurt so badly at present.

I can't seem to pray, not even open my mouth to utter a word directly to God. I think it is because of the shame i feel and guilt because of what i'm dealing with, the things i'm correcting that i've done wrong over the years. It's not as simple and just knowing i've been forgiven as i have to work through correcting these things practically, telling the people that were involved and hoping they will forgive me. Which means that every time a new situation occurs i feel the impact of what i've done. I can see it on their faces, the tears in their eyes and the disappointment that they feel.

It's not like this time of correction will go on forever, it won't. There are only a couple more people to see to put things straight with but i just cannot say a thing to God at all, it just makes me cry to even try it.

Only recently (a month i would say), have i started down the road of repentence, for the last year i have been under the conviction of God and dropped out of church because of it, because i could not face the truth, could not see a way out, didn't have the audacity to talk to God when we both knew there were issues between us of my doing. Well i have the way out and i am slowly doing what God wants me to do, what i must do to be obedient and end this mess i'm in. But my inability to pray bothers me so much as i can't tell people i will pray for them, can be around it and i don't feel i can allow myself to come into Gods presence, like an angry parent where you have to keep out of their way for a while.

I know how silly this must sound and i wince at the thought of being so self-indulgent but you must know that apart from here, joining this forum, i have never admitted there was ever anything wrong, not to anyone. We were in a leadership position my ex-husband and i and i just could not. My lack of humility at the time meant that i probably wouldn't have anyway.

Being here, finding this forum, well... it has and is a haven for me really, to offload a little and to get assistance at a safe distance, where if people judge me then it doesn't matter because i can just leave. Not that that's happened, you all have been so loving and understanding but i also need truth with a capital T, even when it might sting me.

I know i need to pray, i feel so wretched and don;t know where to begin and am afraid as irrational as it sounds, that God will not want me speaking to him yet.

Could that be true? Does God put people through a time of silence or something, especially when they have offended him very badly? I can remember something about sackcloth and ashes in the old testament but my mind is jumbled and i can't recall.

Sorry to be rambly

Femelle

Read everything above that you have just written accept start with

Dear Lord :whistling:

Since you are starting to pray please try what Mike suggested. If praying is still to difficult, try something like pulling out a chair and asking Jesus to sit there. Then pour out your heart, as you did here, Jesus already knows, cry your tears and all. Your burdens will start to lift and be lighter.

Remember this song?

Just as I Am

1. Just as I am, without one plea,

But that Thy blood was shed for me,

And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,

O Lamb of God, I come, I come,

O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

2. Just as I am, and waiting not

To rid my soul of one dark blot,

To Thee Whose blood can cleanse each spot,

3. Just as I am, though tossed about

With many a conflict, many a doubt,

Fightings and fears within, without,

4. Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;

Sight, riches, healing of the mind,

Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

5. Just as I am Thou wilt receive,

Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;

Because Thy promise I believe,

Guest Greg Davies
I don't think i would be of any use to any church at the moment so i don't attend. I would not want to go there and be a drain on their resources either, i know how it can be when people need alot and can give very little at first.

, i have a feeling my 'old' church would forward information as they are in good relations with their (Independant, New Fronteers, Vineyard, Hillsong etc) church neighbours in the city.

i pretty much caused him to sin as i was a very contentious wife)

The above quotes are reasonings and imaginations that the enemy is using to keep you bound and separated from those who can minister and help you.

If you have confessed and asked the Lord to forgive you, then it is done. You are clean and have every right to be restored to fellowship. There are "present day truth" churches that will receive you and love you and speak healing and encouragement into your life.

You can and will become all that the Lord created you to be. You will manifest His glory and be a light in this dark world.

Make the effort, believing the Holy Spirit will lead you and He will guide you to the church, the the cleft of the rock where His hand will cover you and you will see His glory revealed in you and through you.

Your experiences are the tools and the refining fire that the Lord is using to create you into the vessel of honor He intends you to be. Let Him work, believe that all things work together for the good of those who are the called (and you are) and to those who love Him (and you do).

So arise in faith, femelle, cast off those lies of the wicked one that keep you from fellowship and restoration. His grace is sufficient for you. Let the Lord raise you up from this dead place and walk in the newness of life, bringing glory to His name.

Greg.

Interesting Greg, Watchman was kind enough to explain that verse to me in the chat room the other day

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

It's not until you pull out specific words that i could see the accusation in them and i do realise that satan is the accuser of the brethren. Thing is, the accuser is not saying anythiing that isn't true, i think...

"well he's right, i did do those things, i am that wretched, he's not telling me anything that is not truth"

Revelation 12:10

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But i can also see that who you are in agreement with is a serious thing

Job 22:21

"Agree with God, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you.

That is a beautiful song Wingwalker, i have prayed a couple of times, short prayers and am praying for little Harry in the prayers forum for ladypeartree's request which i found easy to do as it wasn't about me. I am thinking about what you've said. I do appreciate your encouragement, i really do and i will do it but maybe small steps for now. I don't want it to seem like i am making excuses, i'm not... it takes me a while to unravel the confusion and to see what the truth is. It's taken me over an hour now, just to be able to write this response to you. Confusion is dreadful but i have picked up a thread of truth and i'm following it what feels like through the dark.

I have hope though; something i didn't have when i got here.

Edited by femelle

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Femelle,

I pray that you are doing better, taking small steps, finding peace and understanding of who you are in Christ. It is true that Jesus loves us, just as we are, just where we are. It is true that if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive, none of which we deserve. It is true that we will be tempted, yet we can draw strength from our Creator to avoid giving into temptation. It is true that we will have troubles and trials, but He will never leave us behind. :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Femelle instead of talking to god why don't you try listening prayer. Get a pen and paper, find a quiet spot somewhere write Dear _____ (your name). Then just listen and write yourself a letter from god. Just write what ever your hearing. You will find god will amaze you with his mind on your situation.

Blessings, Rest is a weapon