• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

"I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil." Psalm;119;162

The Psalmist sounds like one who really knew the value of the word of God. Here the Psalmists is rejoicing at His word.When people were going after money and power and all that the Psalmist was truly after the scriptures.Now it works and he is rejoicing. He compares the word of God to great spoil.It is amazing to see how people love the word of God !

Praise The Lord !

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

bhakthi,

All 'True Children' of God love His Word. Here is the rest of the thoght expressed by David:

Ps 119:162 I rejoice at your word, as one that finds great spoil (gain or wealth).

119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but your law do I love.

119:164 Seven times a day do I praise you because of your righteous judgments.

119:165 Great peace have they which love your law: and nothing shall offend them.

Notice how the word in verse 162 includes the law and judgments of God. When God speaks, it is truth, it is law and judgments are part of it. God gives no advice, He makes no suggestions, everything he speaks is law, and His true chilren love it because they love Him.

When a 'professed' christian doesn't love God's word, there is a problem, for God writes his law in the heart of the believer when he is 'born again' and made partaker in the 'New Covenant'.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant (New Covenant) that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

We are adopted into 'True Remnant' Israel through this 'New Covenant'.

God Bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Psalmist sounds like one who really knew the value of the word of God. Here the Psalmists is rejoicing at His word.When people were going after money and power and all that the Psalmist was truly after the scriptures.Now it works and he is rejoicing. He compares the word of God to great spoil.It is amazing to see how people love the word of God !

Praise The Lord !

You can disagree with me if you like, but I believe the best way to learn God's Word is by listening to it being read by someone else on a tape player. Your eyes get tired after a short while. Your ears can listen all day and night without getting tired. Go to Scourby.com and order the bible on tape or buy it at a christian book store. I believe the King James version is the most accurate version. Get a small tape player that runs on AA batteries. Get rechargeable batteries. And you can cover the whole New Testament in a few days. The Whole Old Testament in maybe a month. And you can do it over and over again many times. Hearing it fast like that, you get a better understanding of what is being said in the context of the other scriptures. It helps to understand it correctly.

Reading it is too slow, compared to listening to it.

You can listen to the bible being read by Alexander Scourby on your computer at this website:

http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html

Edited by antiaging

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Praise The Lord !

You can disagree with me if you like, but I believe the best way to learn God's Word is by listening to it being read by someone else on a tape player. Your eyes get tired after a short while. Your ears can listen all day and night without getting tired. Go to Scourby.com and order the bible on tape or buy it at a christian book store. I believe the King James version is the most accurate version. Get a small tape player that runs on AA batteries. Get rechargeable batteries. And you can cover the whole New Testament in a few days. The Whole Old Testament in maybe a month. And you can do it over and over again many times. Hearing it fast like that, you get a better understanding of what is being said in the context of the other scriptures. It helps to understand it correctly.

Reading it is too slow, compared to listening to it.

You can listen to the bible being read by Alexander Scourby on your computer at this website:

http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html

I am trying to find out why the word is more important than great spoil or gold -fine gold.It could be of some use.More useful than money or treasures of the world !

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

The reason why God's word is better than money is because money isn't forever. Besides, without God's wisdom, we'll end up blowing that money. Finally, money has very limited power (it can't heal you, it can't love you, etc.).

I must admit, I don't love God's word the way I should though reading God's word is one of the first things I do in the morning and one of the last things I do before I go to bed.

Edited by Zadok Rox

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Yep, He found the greatest treasure that even money can't buy!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

Great reminder. Thanks!

BTW, why do people say David wrote this psalm? The Bible doesn't say who wrote it.