Christians being members of Fraternal Order of Masons

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have a question. I have a friend that I just reconnected with that is now a member of the Fraternal Order of Masons. I have been reading a lot about how the Masons keep Jesus out of their prayers and lean more to set Him in a lower status that He should be. They have Most Worshipful Masters but they do not call Jesus the MOST Worshipful Masters.

Have any of you had an occasion to witness to a Mason and open their eyes to the reality they entered when they became a Mason? If so, I need guidance as I have also been placed with a calling to try and witness to those that I know that are now Masons.

I have been researching going into google or any search and looking for Former Masons. There are a few Christian sites with information, testimonials etc., but nothing on how to begin a witness to them.

Any help you may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless You, Diane (djgoose)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

What is a " Most Worshipful Master"...sounds like there may be more than one if they can, as you say, lower the status of our Lord Yeshua.

I've heard alot of scary things about the masons, I think it best you talk this over with your pastor before witnessing to these folks.

Guest Biblicist
I have a question. I have a friend that I just reconnected with that is now a member of the Fraternal Order of Masons. I have been reading a lot about how the Masons keep Jesus out of their prayers and lean more to set Him in a lower status that He should be. They have Most Worshipful Masters but they do not call Jesus the MOST Worshipful Masters.

Have any of you had an occasion to witness to a Mason and open their eyes to the reality they entered when they became a Mason? If so, I need guidance as I have also been placed with a calling to try and witness to those that I know that are now Masons.

I have been researching going into google or any search and looking for Former Masons. There are a few Christian sites with information, testimonials etc., but nothing on how to begin a witness to them.

Any help you may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless You, Diane (djgoose)

Welcome to Worthy! :emot-wave:

What does your friend say about being a member of the Masons? Does this person confirm what you have read about the idea of keeping Jesus out of their prayers?

It would seem that you have the perfect opportunity to find out the most information from a person who is actually a mason. And. . . don't believe everything you read. Make sure they need witnessing to before you take the "call" to witness to them.

Just because it's secretive doesn't mean it's bad. If it were a secret group of women, I don't think there would be this type of controversy. It would be considered Woman Power and left at that.

Guest DennisV

Hi! I had a friend in the Masons that was wanting to be a good Christian. He was involved with the Masons because of the good deeds that they do. I suggested that I believed that the Masons took an anti-Christian stand but that he was in a better position to check it out. He did that by asking very pointed questions and learned that I was right. He has since quit the Masons. This friend was already a Christian, although a new one. I'm afraid that I don't have any suggestions for "cold" witnessing to them. All that I can suggest is to ask the Holy Spirit for an anointing and to lead you. God bless you! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Hi djgoose,

Free Masonry, Eastern Star, and other similar "secret" organizations appear to be harmless fellowship gatherings. Many of them appear to promote belief in God. However, upon closer examination, we find that the only belief requirement is not that one must believe in the True and Living God, but rather, that one must believe in the existence of a

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10

This is a very interesting thread. I'm new here, so first off, please be assured that my intent is not to stir things up, but to gain better understanding as a Christian man and Mason. I am a second degree Mason, and I am also a Christian--which I need to clarify: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that only through true belief in His atoning blood sacrifice can one gain eternal salvation by grace. All the good works and intentions will not get you into Heaven. I also believe, unlike some elements in Christianity, that once a person is saved by grace, that his salvation can never be taken away--I believe that God clearly promises that in the Bible--and that short of denouncing Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, one's salvation cannot be taken away.

OK, what I find interesting is that at our lodge, probably 90% or more of the members are Bible-believing, professed Christians. During the various ceremonies that confer the degrees upon the initiates, the master of the lodge specifically tells us that Freemasonry is not intended to provide a path to salvation, but to provide a moral and ethical method for learning to suppress one's passions and to better himself as a man through moral and ethical teaching, rooted in the belief in God. He specifically said that we are to pursue our own understanding of salvation by going to church and learning from the church, family, and friends. And he offers to go into more detail (aka present the Gospel) after the meeting closes should the candidate so choose.

Maybe this is regional (we are on the buckle of the Bible Belt) but this does not seem typical, yet from talking to some of the older members, it is consistent with how Freemasonry has been conducted in the South.

So my question is this: Just as one group of Christians does not necessarily speak for or represent all Christians, is it possible that a small group of Freemasons do not necessarily speak for and represent all Freemasons?

Looking forward to hearing your answers!

-In Christ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Hello Jbarr,

Is it True that there are secret rites in Masonry that are exclusive to this organization?

I want to add that I believe that Masonry is not compatible with the Faith of Christianity.

Peace,

Dave

P.S.

rooted in the belief in God

I wanted to add and ask. Which God?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10

Is it True that there are secret rites in Masonry that are exclusive to this organization?

Given that I am still early in my Masonic experience, I can only comment on my research and observation. I would speculate that none of the rites of the Blue Lodge are really secret any more, because they have all been generally exposed in one form or another. But yes, they are meant to be kept secret, as are the modes of recognition and the obligations.

rooted in the belief in God

I wanted to add and ask. Which God?

Respectfully, I would like to stick with one topic at a time for clarity, and address that separately later, because the answer is, in my opinion, complex.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Jbarr,

Given that I am still early in my Masonic experience, I can only comment on my research and observation. I would speculate that none of the rites of the Blue Lodge are really secret any more, because they have all been generally exposed in one form or another. But yes, they are meant to be kept secret, as are the modes of recognition and the obligations.

As a Christian you know that Gods greatest secret is out in the open. That it is to be declared as it has been revealed in Christ. Secret initiations and rites of passage aren't compatible with Christianity.

Jas