Christians being members of Fraternal Order of Masons

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Is it True that there are secret rites in Masonry that are exclusive to this organization?

Given that I am still early in my Masonic experience, I can only comment on my research and observation. I would speculate that none of the rites of the Blue Lodge are really secret any more, because they have all been generally exposed in one form or another. But yes, they are meant to be kept secret, as are the modes of recognition and the obligations.

rooted in the belief in God

I wanted to add and ask. Which God?

Respectfully, I would like to stick with one topic at a time for clarity, and address that separately later, because the answer is, in my opinion, complex.

Some years ago, I did research on Freemasons. In the beginning of becoming a mason, it is like a Christian organization. As one climbs the ladder, the split becomes more relevant. At the top, one would be surprised at who they really worship, and it is not Jesus.

I don't remember what the names of the books I read were, but a Google search will bring you to authors who were once top masons and their testimony. Read it. Separation starts with just a little crack, unseen to most eyes. Then it gets larger, but those who are being separated still don't see it, but believe that they just see things a little different. It creeps in like a plague.

Please, seek the knowledge of those who have come out of the Masons and keep your eyes on Jesus.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

As a Christian you know that Gods greatest secret is out in the open. That it is to be declared as it has been revealed in Christ. Secret initiations and rites of passage aren't compatible with Christianity.

It may just be an issue of semantics--it's not so much being "secret" as it is keeping something "private". The history of operative masonry, which is the historic foundation on which modern Freemasonry was built, clearly established a real and honest justification for concealing or keeping private the "secrets" of its craft, which were nothing more than the specific skills and knowledge that he had. It was about ensuring that the skills and knowledge that were gained were controlled in a society where openly revealing trade secrets could ruin a man. Speculative Masonry simply uses the same model to control

Do you us a computer that requires a password for access? At a church, is that which is specifically discussed at a deacons' meeting open to the general public? Are business decisions often made behind closed doors? Is what goes on in a husband and wife's bedroom meant to be public knowledge? My point is that most people, both privately and publicly, do keep secrets in many areas of their lives. And in doing so, they are not necessarily doing anything that is incompatible with Christianity.

Jas 5:12

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

jbarr,

It may just be an issue of semantics--it's not so much being "secret" as it is keeping something "private". The history of operative masonry, which is the historic foundation on which modern Freemasonry was built, clearly established a real and honest justification for concealing or keeping private the "secrets" of its craft, which were nothing more than the specific skills and knowledge that he had. It was about ensuring that the skills and knowledge that were gained were controlled in a society where openly revealing trade secrets could ruin a man. Speculative Masonry simply uses the same model to control

Do you us a computer that requires a password for access? At a church, is that which is specifically discussed at a deacons' meeting open to the general public? Are business decisions often made behind closed doors? Is what goes on in a husband and wife's bedroom meant to be public knowledge? My point is that most people, both privately and publicly, do keep secrets in many areas of their lives. And in doing so, they are not necessarily doing anything that is incompatible with Christianity.

Your playing semantics now and you freely admit it.

The operative word is "control." However the Lord Jesus Christ has liberated you.

The initiation and rites of masonry bind you to masonry and the order above all. To this Universal god that is worshipped. However above all you are bound to Christ in an Eternal Covenant that surpasses death. The Covenant between your wife and yourself should not be public either because it is covered by the Grace of God. Yet we see today all manner of Covenant breaking Marriage being proffered. This is what James is talking about. Not to swear by what you can do but to place your Faith in what God has done and be content with saying yea Lord, nay Lord. There shouldn't be a need for a secret oath. Gods salvation is out in the open.

Would you say that masonry is a spiritual rite?

Then, by extension, a Christian cannot be a doctor, a juror, a judge, a witness, a member of the military, a government official (including the President of the United States), a naturalized citizen of the United States, or anything else that requires one to pledge his loyalty.

Those oaths are taken so as to uphold a standard. They are not requiring someone to place a universal god and the order of man above the practitioners Faith.

If non-Jews and non-Christians want to worship that same God and introduce their non-Biblical methods of salvation, they are within their right to do so, but it does not make it right.

It does not make it right, yet the false Deity's and their Worship take place at the same time. God has stated openly that he will not share His Glory with any other god.

If you believe that the God of the Bible is your Salvation. Then any other method of salvation and any other Deity worshipped places Him on a par with them for the sake of the masonic brotherhood and the unity of men outside of Gods Glory. However God stated that He came to divide a brother against a brother. He came with the Sword of Truth and He is not a relative God. He is the God of all Creation there is no other beside Him.

Would you agree that a masonic lodge is a place of worship?

The prayers offered at the lodge. In what name are they offered?

Peace,

Dave

<Dang! I messed up the editing of this, so my original comment here was lost. Sorry.>

Edited by jbarr

And one other point: I believe that the rites, lectures, and degree work of Freemasonry are merely allegories and stories rooted in history, legend, myth, and imagination--unlike Biblical Truth. I believe that they are designed to promote thought, contemplation, and are a method of moral and ethical improvement in one's self. Again, many Freemasons do not see it that way. And this is consistent with the beliefs of many with whom I have spoken in our lodge.

Edited by jbarr

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I would argue that the god that the prayers are being offered to is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible has well defined parameters of how we are to access Him. Your stating that any adherent any member of the order may offer their salvation plan and their deity with equal standing. That is not the God of the Bible. He is pre-eminent. Neither is He pleased when His children stand by and accept and even participate in the Worship of other deity's.

What's being presented in a very thinly veiled form is the worship of a deity other than the God of the Bible. It is also part and parcel of the system of the rites and oaths to accept this.

Wisdom comes from God and where mans thoughts are concerned and yes even his actions they will come to naught lest they be built up upon God whom is Jesus Christ. in other words you are building an order based upon the fellowship of man and it is not the fellowship of man that has been prescribed by God for mans highest Good.

QUOTE(Matthitjah @ Oct 8 2007, 03:06 PM)

Would you say that masonry is a spiritual rite?

Personally? No. I believe that it is an instructional tool. However I concede that there are many who believe it to be.

As a Christian should you be participating in a spiritual exercise outside of the Church and the Worship of Jesus Christ whether you hold it to be one or not?

OK, is this God to which he refers the same God of the Bible, or is it something different?

Something entirely different for as of now and for the last two thousand years there has been and is no other way to come to Father except through the Son. It would be incumbent upon you to not allow his charade to continue but to be prepared with an answer both in season and out. For as a Christian you know the Truth.

However you are standing with him and allowing him to remain in the darkness by agreeing with his misunderstanding.

"Great Architect of the Universe",

but it also ues "God" which, I have been taught, refers to the one, true God.

Who is He? What is His name?

At the center of all Creation and all of Heaven sits Jesus Christ and He deserves all the Worship and all the Glory for only He is Worthy. All the Angels in Heaven every creature created both above and below and all men will give Praise to His name both to their own personal shame in judgment and to His Glory in escaping it through His sacrifice.

Why does Masonry not recognize this fact?

What is at the center of Masonry?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have a question. I have a friend that I just reconnected with that is now a member of the Fraternal Order of Masons. I have been reading a lot about how the Masons keep Jesus out of their prayers and lean more to set Him in a lower status that He should be. They have Most Worshipful Masters but they do not call Jesus the MOST Worshipful Masters.

Have any of you had an occasion to witness to a Mason and open their eyes to the reality they entered when they became a Mason? If so, I need guidance as I have also been placed with a calling to try and witness to those that I know that are now Masons.

I have been researching going into google or any search and looking for Former Masons. There are a few Christian sites with information, testimonials etc., but nothing on how to begin a witness to them.

Any help you may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless You, Diane (djgoose)

Diane,

There is a book in publication called "The New World Order." It speaks to Masonry and borrows its facts from Masons who have renounced or written about specifics of their Secret Society. While I am not specifically called to speak to Masons, I am called to speak to end time events. This book helped me to see things a little more clearly. I do want you to realize; however, that the average mason is totally in the dark as it pertains to Masonry. There are different levels of knowledge given to masons at each of it's 33 levels. A mason who is at the 33rd level of masonry holds more secrets and difference ones from those at the lower levels. I understand that 33rds must renounce Christainty, Jesus Christ, and the God of the Bible, and are required to lie about it if necessary. I cannot think of the author's name, but I'm certain that if you google it, you should be able to find it.

May God bless you in His service!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

As I went back to read all of the comments made on this subject, I believe that I must say who I believe is the god that freemasonry worships at the 33rd level. And because of disillusionment, deception, comparmentalization of the society, it is much more dangerous and difficult to see at the lower degrees because the truth is not revealed to them by their captor.

Remember:

1. the society is secret

2. there are few who are privvy to the "real" secrets

3. how many 33rd degrees are there?

4. there are 33 levels of freemasonry, so there are hundreds of thousands of masons worldwide, who represent the majority of its members, who walk in darkness about true masonry because of its failure to put the truth of the society up front so an individual can make an informed choice.

It is my understanding, based on the writings and revealed truth of 33rds who have come to Christ, after life as a 33rd mason...that Freemasonry ultimately is about serving and worshipping Lucifer, who is called the son (sun) of the morning (Isaiah 14:12)(mourning). I understand that they worship the sun god (orisis sp.?). Are they required to follow a specific format to open their meetings? Must their leader sit to the east (sun rises in the east)? One thing we must remember is that Satan knows the word of God better than we do. He and his demons or demonic spirits work to render us ineffective for the Kingdom of God while they give a semblance of the truth. Satan is a copy cat; it's how he decieves. Jesus Christ is the Bright and Morning Star (Rev 22:16 ). Christians believe that the God of the Bible, is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of creation. Hence, find the book "the New World Order." Read it. Remember, the bible says, "my people destoryed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6).

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-19

In the name of God. Freemasonry often uses the phrase "Great Architect of the Universe", but it also uses "God" which, I have been taught, refers to the one, true God.

Now, for sake of conversation, I'd like to play out a scenario here: Let's say that a man (he is no one in particular, just a man) who is very science-oriented, never really accepted "the Jesus thing" because doing so requires that he place his trust and faith in something that he cannot prove through by his scientific. After long hours of study, observation, and contemplation, this man, based on his knowledge of science, his love for the complexity of mathematics, and his observation of the simple beauty and order in nature, comes to the conclusion that there must be something greater than man...something beyond his comprehension that put order into the universe...something that is the foundation and source for everything that he observes. And this man calls this something "God".

OK, is this God to which he refers the same God of the Bible, or is it something different?

:)

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isaiah 5:21

:wub:

WISE GUYS

The Lie

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isaiah 5:20-21

The Name

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:10-12

The Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

The Gift

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The Command

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Revelation 18:4

:)

See Jesus And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:34-37

Love, Your Brother Joe

Quick question: When did Freemasonry become 33 degrees? Aren't the degrees of 4 through 33 exclusive to the Scottish Rite which are separate from the three Blue Lodge degrees? And how does the York Rite fit into the picture? My understanding is that the York Rite is actually considered more of an extension of the three Blue Lodge degrees than the Scottish Rite.