kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

The scientists, who are so big on research, didn't do their own research, it seems, and are now trying to cover for themselves, it seems.

Oh yah!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so now I see that he is a comedian. The staement 'Big Science has expelled smart new ideas from the classroom" had me in stitches. The 'smart ideas' will be ones like the 'irreducibly complex' bacterial flagellum idea that got roundly flagellated, then?

You laugh as though evolutionists have good answers and proof for extremely complex systems with so many components that all must be fully formed in order to function together?

Didn't Dawkins do the same thing, with an interview in his film, the God delusion?

Do tell!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

before i go off to work i wil come back to this forum i am in the air as every one else i am tracking down darwin book were he shared on how he was wrong in what he belived in and i am going to be going to se this movie my self and i wil not be able to judge what is aired until i see it

i was simply stating that i show respect to people and do not attac when i am on forums i have atheist friends my self and i am in contac with them hear wear i live

i just do not like it when things get a little out of hand when some one just wants to state what is going to be aird by ben steins and this new movie that is to be aird in america

i have been told to get darwins book by a proffersor hear in uni who is aware of what darwin stated and i would like to read his book my self before i make any judgments

I know. I read it and wondered if Dave had read it before posting.

Guest Biblicist
DUH! It's Ben Stein, do you NOT know what his agenda is? :)

Not on this side of the Atlantic, no. I had no idea who Ben Stein was until yesterday. I've never seen him.

EDIT: OK, so now I see that he is a comedian. The staement 'Big Science has expelled smart new ideas from the classroom" had me in stitches. :24: The 'smart ideas' will be ones like the 'irreducibly complex' bacterial flagellum idea that got roundly flagellated, then? :emot-hug:

Umm, yeah, Dave, I wasn't refering to YOU, per say. I was refering to the Darwinists who cried that Ben lied to them. They ought to know who Ben Stein is and what his adgenda is.

As for your "joke"? Rather low I must say.

from damo1

ben steins played in the wonder years and then i saw nothing of him for a long time and now i am hearing that ben steins in going to be in this new movie which is going to be played in America and then we will get it hear in australia

i know what he holds on to but it wil be a blast to see what he does with this movie and how it turns out

ok to all you who now off darwin i am looking for his last book he wrote can any one give me a name i am not a fan of darwin but i would like to read his book my friend is away and i can not track him down he works close in crime like what CSI does in the show and he is a very bright man and he is not a christian he told me that he had heard of darwin stating he was wrong in what he belived in and it states this in one of his books i need a list of darwins books that he wrote if some one can pm i would appreciate this very much then it being left on this post i wil get the message and i wil jot down what ever information is given

as i said i am not going to make any judgment until i see this new movie my self which i wil have to weight for a while for it to hit australia

so i would apprecitate you atheists to give us christians some respect or i think i might go on an atheist forum and have a little bit of fun my self i know what atheists do when they come on christian forums and if you do not like this christian forum stick to an atheist forum this is offensive for me to hear as a person and as a christian

Respect is a two-edged sword. If you want to gain respect, you should give respect. If you read the posts here, you will see that no-one has argued against the film's premise. Until I see the film, I don't know what to argue against. I did argue, though, that the film's producers deliberately lied to gain interviews with several scientists. Let me get this straight, I have no respect whatsever for liars, be they Christian, muslim, hindu or atheist liars. If you think differently, let's hear your argument in favour of lying. Why is my lack of respect for liars objectionable to you?

As to going on an atheist forum, I'm sure that you will be welcome, as long as you don't proselytise. You might find the arguments used against you a lot more robust that are ever aired here, though.

from damo1

if you read what i had stated you wil see wear i am comming from i hate liers my self and i hate those that come on christian forums and try to make us question our faith and to what we belive in i have atheist friends who do this constantly and i am told what they do and they do it to see how far they can push christians its so simple to state something in cyber space nowing that you wil never see that person

i show respect to those that show respect i wil never see my self on an athesit forum as i stay to a christian forum and this is were i learn from those who are like my self i never invite my self on a forum that i am not shore off

i am in the air as every one else is and when i was told about this movie i know of ben steins and have seen his acting skills i am re searching my self and i do not know a lot on things as others do yet i can only go by what a friend of mine told me who does what the show CSI does and he is a bright man who is not a christian and he told me to get darwins book as he heard also that darwin stated this and said it wil be a good read for me

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Withholding all of the facts is not the same as lying. I still don't even see where anyone 'lied'. It IS 'an examination of the intersection of science and religion'.

Actually, yes, it is. Its called "lying by ommission."

If a murderer was asked at a trial whether he killed his wife (lets say it happened after he got back from work,) and he says "I went home from work, and afterwards I went to sleep,", that is still lying. But then againl, I mean, he wouldn't actually be lying. He didn't say anything about his actual intentions and actions, but that doesn't matter, does it? :laugh:

Guest Biblicist
Withholding all of the facts is not the same as lying. I still don't even see where anyone 'lied'. It IS 'an examination of the intersection of science and religion'.

Actually, yes, it is. Its called "lying by ommission."

If a murderer was asked at a trial whether he killed his wife (lets say it happened after he got back from work,) and he says "I went home from work, and afterwards I went to sleep,", that is still lying. But then againl, I mean, he wouldn't actually be lying. He didn't say anything about his actual intentions and actions, but that doesn't matter, does it? :laugh:

You can't really be comparing the changing of intentions [as if the intentions of this movie ever did really change] or title of a move with the actions of a murderer can you?