• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I'm a Christian Zionist because I love the Lord, and through him, I have a deep and abiding love for the Jewish people. God gave them the land of Israel, it belongs to no one else, and it shall be theirs forevermore. God bless Israel, and I pray for the peace of Jerusalem! :noidea::24::24:

Guest shiloh357
I'm a Christian Zionist because I love the Lord, and through him, I have a deep and abiding love for the Jewish people. God gave them the land of Israel, it belongs to no one else, and it shall be theirs forevermore. God bless Israel, and I pray for the peace of Jerusalem! :24::24::)

Amen Kari, and thanks!! :42:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Thank you for this paper. It was most interesting and informative. It is especially pertinent as today is the Global Day of Prayer for Peace in Jerusalem.

My one question, which I do not want to become a debate is this:

In the paper, it stated that:

"Israel, currently has the 4th most powerful military in the world behind the US, Russia and China."

Now, as I have just said, I do not want this to become a debate, but on what evidence is this statement made?

I was very surprised to read this statement as, I may be ignorant, but I have no knowledge of the Israeli army being such a powerful military. In all honesty, I am surprised that it is more powerful than the British military, according to your source.

Please, please, please - I do not want this to become a debate on such a small detail. I am just seeking clarification.

Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I found this list on the web and it makes some good points....

A very reputed International Think Tank released its annual rankings of the world's Strongest Militaries.

1 - United States of America

It's manufacturing capabilities coupled with sheer numbers, advanced technology and nuclear capabilities keep the US on top.

2 - Russia

Though dwindled since the Cold War, Russia's numbers and nuclear capabilities keep it on top as the second most powerful army in the world.

3 - Israel

Manpower, sheer numbers and experience rank the Israeli armies among the top in the world.

4 - Germany

Surprising to find Germany this high on the list but it maintains a stellar peacekeeping force for itself - plus it does not maintain any costly overseas stations.

5 - China

Overall numbers and the possibility of nuclear capability rank China high on the list, but the fact remains that most of the force is untested in global conflicts, their equipment remains dated and forced conscription takes its toll.

6 - France and Pakistan Tie

France maintains units for self-defence and peacekeeping missions of its former colonies. Other than that, its primary force is more for its own protection than anything else, having been invaded by Germany twice in the 20th century. Nonetheless, its nuclear capabilities, strong commitment to maritime and defense, and a steady military keep it in the top ten.

Pakistan's recent experience as a US ally and its build up against India help it score well. It combats internal terrorism regularly but none-the-less maintains support through the US.

7 - South Korea

Build up over recent years and following up on their own military technology avenues, South Korea is a major player in todays military world. It's support from the US doesn't hurt its ranking either and the provided equipment and training gives it an edge over its northern aggressor.

8 - Iran

Iran's manpower and supposed nuclear capability rank it in the top ten, but its dated equipment and lack of recent experience bring it out of the top 5.

9 - India

The build up against Pakistan continues but the Indian armies use dated equipment and lack any recent major military engagements. Nuclear probablity helps its rank.

10 - UK (Britain)

Once a strong proud world power, the UK maintains a simple fighting force keeping the US as a major ally. It has allocated units in a few global hotspots.

11 - North Korea

Kim's military build up has been impressive and rumors of a nuclear program help its ranking but none-the-less outdated equipment, non-experienced troops and forced military service hinder its ranking.

12 - Italy

Italy maintains a strong fighting force and delves more into peacekeeping initiatives than anything else. It remains an average military power at best.

13 - Greece

Greece's spot as a military power is impressive to some degree. Its build up is more for self-defence and protection (presumably against Turkey) than an offensive-minded force.

14 - Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is busy combating internal terrorism as a US ally than needing to do much else with its forces. The territory is vast but made of mostly uninhabitable desert, leaving the pipelines and major cities as the only needs of protection. A few border disputes keep other forces away from potential interior hotspots. Equipment remains mostly US in origin, training is avergae and recent experience is mostly relegated to special forces and police units.

15 - Spain

Other than defending against internal Muslim fanatics, Spain maintains a strictly defensive and peacekeeping force. It removed its forces from Iraq after recent elections and has not seen any since.

16 - Australia

A capable fighting force with good training, the Australian ranking is low due to numbers and lack of nuclear capability. It assists in peacekeeping missions across the globe and keeps an interest in the Indonesia area.

17 - Syria

The Syrian army is typical of other Middle Eastern forces - outdated equipment and limited recent military experiences.

18 - Egypt

See Syria above, though some modernization is occurring.

19 - Turkey

It's formidable numbers help its ranking but internal unrest, some outdated equipment and lack of a nuclear arsenal bring its ranking down.

20 - Japan

A shadow of its former dominant World War 2 self, Japan maintains a simple Self-Defense force. It currently sees more peacekeeping missions than anything else.

21 - Taiwan

The buildup to prevent the invetable Chinese invasion continues. Taiwan would naturally rely on help from the US and the international community in the event of an invasion as it maintains a small defenseive force populated by US equipment and support.

22 - Canada

Canadian fire power is minimal at best and is striclty used for self-defense with the occasional peacekeeping mission.

23 - Indonesia

Recent Muslim insurgency have left this area of the world a hotspot to watch. The Indonesian army is capable but could be stretched too thin.

24 - Brazil

No major war in nearly 100 years yet Brazil maintains a large army. The country itself has a large area to cover in military defense. Some border disputes and drug-running are the major action that it could see.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm a Christian Zionist because I love the Lord, and through him, I have a deep and abiding love for the Jewish people. God gave them the land of Israel, it belongs to no one else, and it shall be theirs forevermore. God bless Israel, and I pray for the peace of Jerusalem! :42::24::24:

That's a good way to put it simply!

Much agreed!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

A very reputed International Think Tank released its annual rankings of the world's Strongest Militaries.

Thank you for this information Kari. It made very interesting reading!!!!! :42:

Guest shiloh357

1 - United States of America

It's manufacturing capabilities coupled with sheer numbers, advanced technology and nuclear capabilities keep the US on top.

2 - Russia

Though dwindled since the Cold War, Russia's numbers and nuclear capabilities keep it on top as the second most powerful army in the world.

3 - Israel

Manpower, sheer numbers and experience rank the Israeli armies among the top in the world.

4 - Germany

Surprising to find Germany this high on the list but it maintains a stellar peacekeeping force for itself - plus it does not maintain any costly overseas stations.

5 - China

Overall numbers and the possibility of nuclear capability rank China high on the list, but the fact remains that most of the force is untested in global conflicts, their equipment remains dated and forced conscription takes its toll.

6 - France and Pakistan Tie

France maintains units for self-defence and peacekeeping missions of its former colonies. Other than that, its primary force is more for its own protection than anything else, having been invaded by Germany twice in the 20th century. Nonetheless, its nuclear capabilities, strong commitment to maritime and defense, and a steady military keep it in the top ten.

Pakistan's recent experience as a US ally and its build up against India help it score well. It combats internal terrorism regularly but none-the-less maintains support through the US.

7 - South Korea

Build up over recent years and following up on their own military technology avenues, South Korea is a major player in todays military world. It's support from the US doesn't hurt its ranking either and the provided equipment and training gives it an edge over its northern aggressor.

8 - Iran

Iran's manpower and supposed nuclear capability rank it in the top ten, but its dated equipment and lack of recent experience bring it out of the top 5.

9 - India

The build up against Pakistan continues but the Indian armies use dated equipment and lack any recent major military engagements. Nuclear probablity helps its rank.

10 - UK (Britain)

Once a strong proud world power, the UK maintains a simple fighting force keeping the US as a major ally. It has allocated units in a few global hotspots.

11 - North Korea

Kim's military build up has been impressive and rumors of a nuclear program help its ranking but none-the-less outdated equipment, non-experienced troops and forced military service hinder its ranking.

12 - Italy

Italy maintains a strong fighting force and delves more into peacekeeping initiatives than anything else. It remains an average military power at best.

13 - Greece

Greece's spot as a military power is impressive to some degree. Its build up is more for self-defence and protection (presumably against Turkey) than an offensive-minded force.

14 - Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is busy combating internal terrorism as a US ally than needing to do much else with its forces. The territory is vast but made of mostly uninhabitable desert, leaving the pipelines and major cities as the only needs of protection. A few border disputes keep other forces away from potential interior hotspots. Equipment remains mostly US in origin, training is avergae and recent experience is mostly relegated to special forces and police units.

15 - Spain

Other than defending against internal Muslim fanatics, Spain maintains a strictly defensive and peacekeeping force. It removed its forces from Iraq after recent elections and has not seen any since.

16 - Australia

A capable fighting force with good training, the Australian ranking is low due to numbers and lack of nuclear capability. It assists in peacekeeping missions across the globe and keeps an interest in the Indonesia area.

17 - Syria

The Syrian army is typical of other Middle Eastern forces - outdated equipment and limited recent military experiences.

18 - Egypt

See Syria above, though some modernization is occurring.

19 - Turkey

It's formidable numbers help its ranking but internal unrest, some outdated equipment and lack of a nuclear arsenal bring its ranking down.

20 - Japan

A shadow of its former dominant World War 2 self, Japan maintains a simple Self-Defense force. It currently sees more peacekeeping missions than anything else.

21 - Taiwan

The buildup to prevent the invetable Chinese invasion continues. Taiwan would naturally rely on help from the US and the international community in the event of an invasion as it maintains a small defenseive force populated by US equipment and support.

22 - Canada

Canadian fire power is minimal at best and is striclty used for self-defense with the occasional peacekeeping mission.

23 - Indonesia

Recent Muslim insurgency have left this area of the world a hotspot to watch. The Indonesian army is capable but could be stretched too thin.

24 - Brazil

No major war in nearly 100 years yet Brazil maintains a large army. The country itself has a large area to cover in military defense. Some border disputes and drug-running are the major action that it could see.

Thanks kari!!

Jesus is a Zionist, so I am just following him.

Right... :noidea: and Jesus is a Republican, and Jesus is an American. :rolleyes:

Jesus is not a card carrying member of any of the organizations and groups that claim Him on their side. Jesus is the Christ. Your goofy statement of His inclusion into your Zionism is exactly what I was pointing out, the reducing of the Saviour to your political and religious mutterings, it is a sloppy and disrespectful practice.

Excellent point. :noidea:

Though I do understand your point, no political or national definition is implied by the word "zionist" except the ones made in the words of the Prophets. Yes it would silly/arrogant to say that Jesus is a Republican since His Kingdom is not American...and of course He isn't an American because He was born in Israel. I'm sure He watches the Dallas Cowboys through the hole in the roof of Texas Stadium though :emot-hug::17:

But which of these definitions would you say that He is "against" since it happened sovereignly according to the promises made since Adam & Eve?

1. The National Liberation movement of the Jewish People.

Didn't His Father create a people known as the jews?

2. It is the modern expression of the ancient longing by the Jewish People to return to their land and live as a free people once again.

Didn't His Father create that longing by promising it many times and through mulitiple sources?

3. It is the desire to secure a modern state for the Jewish nation.

Didn't His Father create that desire by promising it many times and through mulitiple sources?

4. It is the conviction that the Jewish people have the right to live in freedom and security in its homeland.

Didn't His Father create that conviction by promising it many times and through mulitiple sources?

5. It is the determination to aid and encourage the return of any and all Jewish refugees of the Diaspora who wish to return home.

Didn't His Father create that determination by promising it many times and through mulitiple sources?

6. It is the concern for the safety and security of that modern state, and the desire to see it strong enough to defend itself and the Jewish people as a whole from any present or future existential threat.

How do you think they beat back 5 Arab nations at a time on several occasions since 1948? I see the hand of God all over it.

I don't call myself a "zionist" because it does have political implications to most people. I'd probably call myself a "biblicist" but someone else has already taken that name at WB....but I think that in the broadest definition of the word it is fair to say that Yeshua IS a zionist since He is the King of Zion.

Anyone that has a problem with that, isn't following the real Jesus but rather a greek fabrication.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

In Matthew chapter 10, Jesus sent the 12 desciples out and told them not to go to the Gentiles, but "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (verse 6). We see this same theme in Chapter 15 when the Canaanite woman came and asked Him to cast a demon out of her daughter. He didn't answer her at first for the same reason - He was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. She was persistant, and Jesus was loving, and the daughter was healed, but the point is Jesus was not sent to the Gentiles, but to Israel. God's promise to Abraham has not changed. The Promised Land still belongs to Israel. The Church has not replaced Israel in God's promise. It was after the Jews rejected Christ as the Messiah that the way was opened to the Gentiles. We are grafted in, but we did not replace Israel.

<>< ><>

Nathele