IGNORED

Why I am a Christian Zionist

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
In Matthew chapter 10, Jesus sent the 12 desciples out and told them not to go to the Gentiles, but "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (verse 6). We see this same theme in Chapter 15 when the Canaanite woman came and asked Him to cast a demon out of her daughter. He didn't answer her at first for the same reason - He was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. She was persistant, and Jesus was loving, and the daughter was healed, but the point is Jesus was not sent to the Gentiles, but to Israel. God's promise to Abraham has not changed. The Promised Land still belongs to Israel. The Church has not replaced Israel in God's promise. It was after the Jews rejected Christ as the Messiah that the way was opened to the Gentiles. We are grafted in, but we did not replace Israel.

<>< ><>

Nathele

You are correct, thank you Nathele!! :noidea:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Christian Zionism is a Christian expression of faith in the promises of God concerning Israel's prophetic future.

Christian Zionism (so-called) is simply Darbyism recycled and Darbyism is simply the old-fashioned term for the modern-school of prophecy interpretation called "dispensational premillennialism

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

But which of these things would you say that He is "against" since it happened sovereignly according to the promises made since Adam & Eve?

I wouldn't say.

Anyone that has a problem with that, isn't following the real Jesus but rather a greek fabrication.

Isn't that the usual response? If you disagree with my view of this important issue, you are not following the real Jesus. How quickly our 'ism divides brethren bought by the blood of Jesus!

I am not dismissing your issue, nor dismissing the scriptures, I am saying that to drag your idea (no matter how bright or right) into the gospel is to cheapen the message of the gospel, lowering Christ to your level of beliefs, and (tragically) discluding other Christians as following another Jesus should they disagree with you.

To package Christianity with (fill in the blank) is to dilute the message of the cross of Jesus Christ, and to elevate your 'ism at the expense of Christianity.

I have to agree here..how about simple Christian-ism? It includes support of all things that God does and all people. As a Christian, we are already "Zionists" without the extra label. Also, we should support God's chosen people in everything since the Bible clearly states that we are His choosen people now:

Romans 11

Ingrafted Branches

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

So any support for God's choosen people would be support for us as well And it is part and parcel to Christainity to support the Jews as they are our root. We need not muddy the water by giving it a new title. It is Christian doctrine by default.

Guest shiloh357
But which of these things would you say that He is "against" since it happened sovereignly according to the promises made since Adam & Eve?

I wouldn't say.

Anyone that has a problem with that, isn't following the real Jesus but rather a greek fabrication.

Isn't that the usual response? If you disagree with my view of this important issue, you are not following the real Jesus. How quickly our 'ism divides brethren bought by the blood of Jesus!

I am not dismissing your issue, nor dismissing the scriptures, I am saying that to drag your idea (no matter how bright or right) into the gospel is to cheapen the message of the gospel, lowering Christ to your level of beliefs, and (tragically) discluding other Christians as following another Jesus should they disagree with you.

To package Christianity with (fill in the blank) is to dilute the message of the cross of Jesus Christ, and to elevate your 'ism at the expense of Christianity.

I have to agree here..how about simple Christian-ism? It includes support of all things that God does and all people. As a Christian, we are already "Zionists" without the extra label. Also, we should support God's chosen people in everything since the Bible clearly states that we are His choosen people now:

Romans 11

Ingrafted Branches

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

So any support for God's choosen people would be support for us as well And it is part and parcel to Christainity to support the Jews as they are our root. We need not muddy the water by giving it a new title. It is Christian doctrine by default.

The reason I use the term "Christian Zionist" is to make a point concerning an overly neglected area of Scripgure, namely the fact that God is in the process of restoring the Kingdom to Israel as He promised and we as Christians should be supporting God's end time prophetic plans for Israel.

It does not muddy the water at all, and as I stated, such an assertion has yet to be demonstrated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I will claim no title other than follower of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

"I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God. (Amos 9:15)

That's zionism, baby! :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe the Word of God, all of it, and if I did not, still God's word will stand, only my chosing to disbelieve would harm me and those that listen to me.

A very short list of 'isms that have been lifted by sincere people from the bible include creationism, legalism, sabbathism, zionism, and dispensationalism. Most 'isms are the consolidated viewpoint and positional statement of the person or persons that feel strongly regarding the particular issue at hand.

As we move through church history, we find the church splitting again and again and again...on issues of importance ('isms) and the result is more and more division in the church (called denominations), and in many cases, those that are famously named (one says I am of Paul, another I am Apolos...) would be shocked to discover that the person they express as agreeing with or even founding their particular 'ism would NOT support their 'ism, but would rather point them to the cross of Christ.

Point - but did you know "Trinitarianism" is a part of this?

We humans can't get rid of labels to define out positions.

PRAYERS FOR ZION

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth." Isaiah 6:6-7

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." Psalms 122:6

"Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zephaniah 3:14-17

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." Revelation 22:20

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

:24:

"I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God. (Amos 9:15)

That's Zionism, baby! :emot-highfive:

:huh::whistling::taped:

I love It When The Sisters Talk Bible~!

You Go Sis!

ZION

It's The Talk Of The Planet, Everyone Is Called!

"Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed. O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come." Psalms 65:1-2

The Lion Of Judah Is Coming, He Will Deliver Jacob, Oh Yes!

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" Romans 11:26

Mount Sion, God's Holy Jerusalem

Where Jesus Will Reign Forever

Isn't He Wonderful

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." Hebrews 12:22-24

There's A Whole Lot Of Shaking Coming Down

Come Quickly LORD Jesus Come Quickly

Hark, The Master's Voice

"See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain." Hebrews 12:25-27

Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done

Thou Art Worthy Oh LORD!

Hallelujah

"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29

KING JESUS

What It's All About

Believe And Live

Jesus Rules

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:16-18

Can You Hear, Can You Hear

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

God Calling

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:16-17

Joe - Simple Man

Father, Son And Holy Ghost - Amazing God

The Holy Bible - Words Of Truth, Words Of Wonder, Words Of Death, Words Of Life, Words Of Judgment, Words Of Love

New Jerusalem - Our Home, Where God Is

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." Revelation 22:3-4

God Is Good

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING OF THE JEW

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." Revelation 1:6

May Brother Join Brother And Sister Join Sister

"Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them," Numbers 6:23

As We Pray For Israel's Children

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:24-26

And For Israel's Salvation

"And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them." Numbers 6:27

And For The Workers In This Latter Day Harvest

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5-6

Amen!

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I will claim no title other than follower of Christ.

Amen !!

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

as john the baptist said:

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? "Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance; and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father'; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

by your definition of zionists, are you not agreeing with the pharisees & sadducees?