• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

aargh - double post (i'm too impatient today, i suppose)

*** maybe mod can delete this out ***

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements: once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations: it [is] most holy unto the LORD. Exodus 30:10

For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul. Leviticus 17:11

But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isa. 53:5

But in those [sacrifices there is] a remembrance again [made] of sins every year. For [it is] not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Hebrews 10:3-4

It seems as if a blood offering was required as an atonement for sin, but only the blood of Christ is once for all.

Prior to Christ's resurrection, though, those who died who were as righteous as they could be under the Law, went to Abraham's Bosom. Jesus, after shedding His blood was put into a tomb for 3 days. This is when death was conquored.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) Ephesians 4:6-10

Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, [i say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8

Only God could have entered His creation and save us from sin and death. Thank You Jesus.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks to everyone for your replies... I'll chime in this weekend... My thanks to all! Amen! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My humble understanding is that we are saved by God's Grace, but only if we believe that Jesus is His Son and that by God's power was resurrected from the dead.

you said Jesus is his son ?

Christ Jesus is our intercessor, our only way to the Father, Who is God Almighty.

I fully agree !

"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5

Salvation is by GRace through faith. ITs a gift. you can't work for it, you can't do anything but Confess with your mouth and believe that Jesus Christ is God and that he died, and was resurrected.

You and nobdy have quit a different faith. He said Jesus is the son of God and our intercessor, but you said Jesus is God :emot-pray:

read my signature please. because you are against what God Almighty is.

Explicitly, is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ our salvation?

Good question lets ask God Almighty.

"Is it not I, Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:22

Let's see what Jesus said:

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Let's see what Jesus said:

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’

And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ " [The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Ah - that argument again.

Sir, you need read and study the whole account. Look at what else Jesus told this man:

vs. 21 - Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

If you read through the Gospels, you will see that Jesus only said, "Come follow Me," to those He called to be His disciples.

So, when Jesus asked him, "Why callest thou me good?" He was not saying, "Do not call me good." But He was saying, "Do you believe in Me?"

You see, the question was to test the man's heart, not to rebuke him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Galations3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

St.John10:30 I and my Father are one.

1Corinthians1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us that are saved it is the power of God.

Jesus said the Scriptures are written to witness of me. Yet you won't come to me!

We must come broken sorrowfully repenting to Jesus as Lord and Saviour of our souls. We must follow Him.

Grace does not constrain mans free will.

Christ offered to God a satisfaction for man's sin not only sufficient but superabundant (Romans 5:15-20);

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  85

Hello again everyone, and I want to thank each of you for your time again! In my area, the following understanding of exactly what salvation is is almost unknown. In our area, it is dominantly preached that one can lose their salvation... which by the way I wouldn't have a hard time believing myself had the bible not used the word "eternal" life, then backed it up with truckloads of scripture... But the following is what the bible says to me about salvation. Thanks again for everyone's participation!

<ahttp://www.worthychristianforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wub.png' alt=':wub:'>

To be "justified" means to be "made right" with God... To be found "Not Guilty!" by the Good and Perfect Judge, God Himself! You see, every good judge must seek justice for all wrong doing. God is no different. Sin demands punishment. God MUST punish sin.

Our identity before coming to Christ was that of a sinner. As it says in

Ephesians 2:3, "We were by nature objects of wrath." Having being born into sin, we were cut off from the life of God. However, through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we have been brought back into a "right relationship" with God. Because Jesus took all our sin, paid the price for it on the cross (our preparation unto salvation), and GAVE us HIS righteousness, we can now stand "justified" (found not guilty) before God!

Let's ask ourselves a few questions that requires a little honesty here if you don't mind.

• Have we ever looked upon a person with lust? I'll admit I have. So? According to God's Law, what does that make me? An adulterer.

• Have we ever stolen anything? I have. So what am I? A thief.

• Has anything ever been more important to me than God? There have been times in my life when God was last on my list. What does that make me? An idolater.

• Have we ever told a lie, no matter how "small" the lie? I'm guilty again. So what does that make me? A liar.

Ok. I'll stop there. No need to go any further... No matter what "your" answers were, if you find yourself guilty of any ONE of God's Laws, the bible says you are guilty of breaking them all!

So by my own admission, I'm an adulterer, a thief, and idolater, and a liar.

Now let's say I stood before God for judgment. I know God is a loving, caring and forgiving God, and I am very, VERY sorry for what I've done. I'm so sorry for what I've done, I'm ready to promise never to do it again, and mean it!

So when I get before the Judge, I say, "Your Honor? I am guilty of all these things. I do not deny that. But I am very sorry for what I've done. Please forgive me. I promise I will NEVER do them again!". The Judge hears your plea, but being a good Judge, he cannot let your wrong doing go unpunished. There must be a sentence of punishment.

"You should be sorry for what you've done." the Judge says. "The price that must be paid for your transgressions... is death." Standing in the wake of your judgement, what will you do now?

Right then and there, in walks Someone that petitions the Judge on your behalf. "Your Honor? My name is Jesus. I take all the blame for the list of transgressions before you. I will give all that is required by the Law in order to pay the penalty in full." He then pays the price for your sin, satisfying the requirements of a perfect Law, and a Righteous Judge.

"Very well." says the Judge. "(your name here)? Another has come forth and accepted the blame for these sins and paid the price for them. This Judge finds you not guilty. You are free to go." As you hear what has happened, and as the price is paid for your sin... How would that make you feel? How do you feel toward the One that accepted your blame as His own and paid your price? Folks? If that doesn't bring you to your knees in love and adoration for Christ, then you are totally missing the point, and quite honestly, you need to re-evaluate your situation, as it may well be you just "think" you're saved... If this doesn't move you with great compassion and appreciation, most likely you are not saved at all.

But wait? He paid the price... You're free to go... But where?

Through the first Adam's sin, mankind was left spiritually separated from God. Mankind inherited a "sin" nature, which gaurantees you to be nothing more than a sinner. So? Two things had to be done in order for us to be saved... First we had to be justified before God. Jesus did that on the cross of Calvary. He took the blame for the sin of the world... every sin... and then He paid the Price for that sin... with His life's blood. Sadly, that's where the message of salvation stops in many pulpits across this globe. How sad, because it is an incomplete message. The price Jesus paid for our sin was our "preparation" for salvation... not salvation itself, because we are still spiritually "dead" so to speak, though our sin has been justified. Do you understand what I'm saying? Before the cross, we were two things: Sinners and dead. After the cross we are only one thing: Dead.

You see? Being "sorry" for what you've done and "doing good" from here on out, and begging for forgiveness isn't good enough to get salvation because even though the fine has been paid, you are still "dead". That is NOT salvation. You still need "LIFE"... You/WE still need LIFE!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation." - Romans 5:8-11

Salvation can come only through the One that can give you life, as well as pay your fine. In the scripture above, three specific things are mentioned, each different from the other: (1) "Justification" by the sacrifice of Jesus; being (2) "Saved" by Jesus, and both of them together (justification and being saved) equals (3) "reconcilement" unto God through Jesus!

Jesus paid your fine over 2000 years ago, preparing us for salvation. The price Jesus paid for you can only be accounted on your behalf if Jesus "knows" you. And the only way He will "know" you is for you to invite Him into your heart and life, seeking and accepting the "life" He gives, demonstrated in His Resurrection from the Grave! You see, even if your sin has been paid for, you still need life! You STILL need LIFE! Jesus said only HE is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life!",

John 14:6 .

So in short? Salvation is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, believing that He is the Son of God who died in payment for your sin (in fact, the sin of the "whole world" - EVERY sin) and THAT HIS payment was the ONLY payment that could pay such a price, and that He (Jesus) was resurrected unto life eternal and that He gives this life to all that seek (life) and accept HIM, of which personal repentance for who you are/were (a sinner) is a part of that acceptance of Christ! You cannot turn to Christ, without turning away from your old self. Seeking and receiving "LIFE in Christ"? Now THAT'S salvation!

Edited by Motivated By Grace

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36

Our salvation is achieved by grace through faith because of his sacrifice and resurrection. However this is not our salvation. We need not stop at the cross, we need to move on to salvation. Salvation is freedom from sin, freedom from bondage, freedom from hell, and a restored relationship with God. Christ's act on the cross and overcoming the grave are the starting point for something which will continue for eternity.

Check out my blog