IGNORED

America is last days Babylon over 100 verses show

Guest Michael's warning Ezekiel&#3

Guest shekel

I believe Mystery Babylon refers to both a city, cities, and the world generally---it is a matter of perspective. The bible views it from different ways. This is why the confusion on the topic.

Generally speaking, all sides are correct.

Clearly, Rome is the city on seven hills. However, the two witnesses are slain in Jerusalem, which appears to link back to Rome. New York (with the UN headquarters and its economic power), places it as yet another Babyon. Yet, Rome is the first, and these other cities secondarily (and still others could be named), and then the whole world generally speaking. Understanding this would solve a lot of the controvery on this subject.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyacorn

I'm with you 100%, Michael.......Without a doubt America IS the end-time Babylon, and why present day Christians cannot see that is beyond me. Don't want to sound harse but quite frankly, it is as though this generation of believers have blinders on.

If this verse alone which God gave to us isn't enough to convince us that Babylon is America then I don't know what else can.

This is what is said of Babylon after God destroys her:

"And the light of a candle (a church) shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride (Jesus Christ and the saints) shall be heard no more at all in thee...." Rev.18:23

Paul says in 11 Thes.2:10,11

...because they received not the love of the truth that they might be saved, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

Could it be because America is so wicked and the Church so corrupt that God has actually blinded Christians to the truth? I believe so!!....I sincerely believe He has already given the present day Church over to a reprobate mind along with the world.......yet God promised that he would put a seal in the foreheads of a few in the last days, and that they would understand, and would teach many......yet he says they would fall.....and that they'd be put out of the synagogues (Churches.)

There is little doubt in my mind that; if one went into the Church today and presented the truth about end-time prophecies, they'd be thrown out, and branded a nutcase.

Awsome days we're living, people.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bengu
Do you not know the Lord will keep and protect His own?

There are alot of people that claim to belong to God. but not all of them actually do. For when we look at scripture we read the following:

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Is the US really doing the will of God, or are they just doing what they think is right?

God never said He would make big buildings for His people... nor make their lives hectic with technology and equity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Great post Adstar!

Hi Shekel,

I liked what you had to say but the fact that the UN headquarters in in New York isnt something to come to such a conclusion over. There is talk of moving the headquarters to Jerusalem, but I dont think this will happen.

What I believe is going to happen is we will see a big shift of power being transfered to the EU, and the possiblity of the UN being just a shadow of itself if it even exisist at all.

Look at the main nations that comprise the Un and then look at the ones that comprise the EU. They are pretty much the same nations except the USA is not included in the EU and I dont believe Russia is either, but otherwise all the main power countries are, including England and Rome. Whatever England has to do with this prophecy. Am I missing something here?

As far as the USA being babylon? I think too many people want to read too much into the simplicity of the prophecy. And I will let it go at that.

I totally agree that Rome is the city that is spoken of as the city on the seven hills and that the two prophets will be in Jerusalem, (either that or Australia :suspect: By the way my brother in law is from Australia, great dude!)

I believe Mystery Babylon, will be a mixture of the ancient Roman and Babylonian empires and the countries that they constituted, but again this is my opinion. but again in my opinion it makes more sense than the United States.

And the problem with this empire wont be politics as much as religion, for Muslim faith and catholic faith mix like iron and clay.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The allegorical method leads to speculation. Israel, not America or England, is the key to prophecy. Subjective interpretations are a dime a dozen. Sound exegesis and waiting for things to unfold will be more objective. Many conspiracy theories and books now look foolish in retrospect.

So true see the connections in scripture. You will notice who "Babylon" is responsable for all the blood shed.

Matthew 23

34Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Jesus Laments over Jerusalem

(1) 37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38See! Your house is left to you desolate;

Revelation 18

20"Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!"

Finality of Babylon's Fall

21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down, and shall not be found anymore. 22The sound of harpists, musicians, flutists, and trumpeters shall not be heard in you anymore. No craftsman of any craft shall be found in you anymore, and the sound of a millstone shall not be heard in you anymore. 23The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Psalm 90:9-11 shows 70-80 years of life for a typical man... The Parable of the Fig Tree was acommplised in 1948 when Israel was reborn... Will 2028 the 80th year be a type of dead line to having seen the war of Amreggeddon?

I hear people talking about 1948 being the date for the sign of the fig tree, however I read that Jesus said in speaking to his deciples that Jerusalem would be over trodden until the time of the Gentiles was fulfilled. That didn't happen until 1967. Almost all of the prophesy people who want to get into dates use the 1948 date for starting things, and I don't think it is correct.

If you want to do dates and start with 1967 and look at the passing of generations (45 year average) you can come to 2012 and the tribulation starting sometime next year.

This fits more into past and present history and is about as possible as anything else. Is it true......... God knows.......... the rest of us will just have to wait.

By the way the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 and is based on some really neat astrological things that will be happening about that year..... signs in the heavens...

You can carry this date thing to the ends of reality and come up with the same answers......... God knows......... no one else.

And remember that a lot of people are going to die as it all comes down. Many of us will die in not so good circumstances (pray for a pre-trib rapture), so please don't pray for it to all start. Many have not come to know Jesus and you are actually asking God to condemn them to hell when you ask this.

"Tarry a little longer..... Give us one more day to reach them." should be our prayers instead.

Sam

Man you people are way off. Scripture was fullfilled in 70 AD just like Jesus said it would be in Luke 21:20-24 :laugh:

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Man you people are way off. Scripture was fullfilled in 70 AD just like Jesus said it would be in Luke 21:20-24  :laugh:

Some things were fulfilled in 70 A.D., but certainly not all things were. He was referring to the end of the age and this has not happened yet, including His physical, visible return to set up His kingdom (obviously the Second Coming has not happened yet Mt. 24:30). Many prophetic Scriptures, like the book of Revelation, have a future fulfillment. This is the literal, historical, grammatical, contextual method of interpretation (hermeneutics) that applies to all of Scripture. It takes a figurative, allegorical, subjective approach to make future prophecies completely fulfilled historically (by 70 A.D. for example). One verse applied to Rome (Titus) overthrowing Jerusalem (Mt. 24:2).

Lk. 21 is parallel to Mt. 24

The signs of the end of the age have not all been fulfilled. Do not stop at vv.20-24..the immediate context says that these things would be followed by the literal, visible Second Coming of Christ and His millennium kingdom Lk. 21:27 = the Son of Man will come in the clouds...which has not happened yet (Rev. 1:7= every eye will see Him).

Guest LCPGUY
Man you people are way off. Scripture was fullfilled in 70 AD just like Jesus said it would be in Luke 21:20-24 :laugh:

Some. Certainly not all. Not even close.

Bro John

Man you people are way off. Scripture was fullfilled in 70 AD just like Jesus said it would be in Luke 21:20-24