S.A.Laffin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Do you or don't you believe that there are ministers today who are fleecing the flock for financial gain?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Standards for prophets stated by some believers and compared them to scriptures:

Some say they

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

I agree with you poorinspirit.

In His Love,

Suzanne

:emot-highfive:

Here's another one... something for those that witness ...that would be everyone... to be aware of.

Luke 6: 26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Things like this, one needs to examine oneself by the Word and :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Do you or don't you believe that there are ministers today who are fleecing the flock for financial gain?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yes. So? :emot-wave:

Proverbs 17:16 Of what use is money in the hand of a fool,

since he has no desire to get wisdom?

So, you know that there are wolves, but you don't want to name them? Even though there are people who are being taken advantage of by these wolves?

In His Love,

Suzanne

So, you know that there are wolves, but you don't want to name them? Even though there are people who are being taken advantage of by these wolves?

In His Love,

Suzanne

That is not what has been said Suzanne. I think where we differ is what constitutes a wolf, which may actually make a great study and topic of discussion.

I understand a wolf to be someone who hates God, an anti-Christ spirit much like the current Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda who claims to be God reincarnate. He is a wolf! Only someone who hates the TRUE God would try to claim His throne. A wolf is someone who leads others to obvious physical and spiritual destruction much like Jim Jones and David Koresh. Okay, I've named three wolves.

A wolf is not necessarily someone who fleeces the flock of their money or with bad motives. There are tons of those guys around and they will have to account for themselves before God one day. Like the proverb implies, when we seek God's wisdom, we won't do foolish things with God's money.

A wolf is someone who is a deceiver/pretender. They LOOK as though they are a member of the flock, that is why they are in sheep's clothing. That is why they are deceptive, of course it is because outwardly, they look the part, they act like they are lovers of God. So, if someone is not revealing from Scripture what they look like, the flock will continue to be deceived. That is why it is called deception. Of course they're NOT going to show outwardly what their motives are. We look at the fruit, and if the fruit is coveteousness and greed, massive materialism, etc., then I would consider that the "taking" from the flock, rather than "feeding" of the flock.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

They are "shepherds":

Isaiah 56:11 They are dogs with mighty appetites; they never have enough. They are shepherds who lack understanding; they all turn to their own way, each seeks his own gain.

The whole chapter of 2 Peter 2, is addressing the "greed" of these false preachers.

It also addresses the way of Balaam, in regard to these teachers. Check in Rev. 2, and "the Way of Balaam". Do you know what the way of Balaam was?

It has to do with men leading/teaching for financial gain.

In His Love,

Suzanne

In His Love,

Suzanne

...then by that definition, we'll be here forever naming names and dealing with perceptions and arguing who should be and should not be on the list. Where is the line drawn? How many of us would others classify as a pretender or deceiver? Actually ALL hyprocrites are wolves because by definition, they are pretenders and deceivers. I'm not twisting words...I'm serious.

Scripture tells us what to look out for by telling us the signs of a false prophet. Otherwise, Scripture does not instruct us to name names of those we PERCEIVE to be wolves 'cause chances are, we'll get it wrong. YES, there are obvious cases like the three I mentioned but then there are those who would label Billy Graham and others as false Prophets. Yup...we pulled that recent thread too. :thumbsup: Where does it end? :noidea:

Bt the way, have you ever looked up the etumology of the word "hypocrite"? It's root is from the Greek word hupocrits, which translates as "actor", and from hupokrnesthai, which meant to "play a part or pretend". It actually refers to the mask the actors would wear in a play.

By your definition, most of us would be on the list. :thumbsup: I think I'll stick to my definition...

Dear Wayne,

You're only reading 1/2 of my posts. I'm spoke of the following, and you totally disregarded it in regard to the deceiving:

We look at the fruit, and if the fruit is coveteousness and greed, massive materialism, etc., then I would consider that the "taking" from the flock, rather than "feeding" of the flock.

I don't think you're really reading what I'm talking about.

There are specifics here.

Why are we ignoring the obvious with regard to these preachers?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Balaam gave insider info about the Israelities to their enemy for financial gain.