S.A.Laffin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but it seems to be. In many Christian churches and organizations modern prophecy is not accepted, which I do not see as a good thing. However, in arenas where it is accepted, false prophets seem to be accepted. Let me explain, there are many people out there claiming to be prophets and giving out prophecies which either contradict the scriptures or don't come true and no one sends these false prophets packing. I know that not everyone who accepts prophets does not regulate them, but it seems that many go easy on so called prophets. Can anyone explain this to me.

God Worshippers

Edited by S.A.Laffin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Ive heard many make excuses for false prophecies. Personally I think thats bunk. Either its 100% accurate or the person is a false prophet. The bible is clear on that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

it says in gods word that we are to test all things that means even what is heard from the pulpit and not allow our selves to be manipulated if one is grounded in gods word and one is governed by the holy spirit and allows gods holy spirit to guide them then when a wolf or false prophet comes along you should be able to see if this is of god

i go by these 7 steps as it says me as a Christian i am allowed to do this just because they are in those positions does not mean a lot of what some prophets say is 100% all the time right

1 by their fruit

2 does it glorify Christ

3 does it agree with gods word

4 are their prophecies fullfield

5 not all prophecies are off god

6 do the prophecies produce liberty or bondage by me saying this when some thing is given to a person does this set them free or does this keep them in bondage

7 the anointing abideth in you

1 john 2

27 and as for you the anointing abideth in you and ye need not that any one teach you but as his anointing teacheth you concerning all things and is true and is no lie and even as it taught you ye abide in him

1 john 4

1 beloved beleive not every spirit but prove the spirits wheather they are off god because many false prophets are gone out into the world

just because a pastor or leader tells me i can trust this person because they hear from god does not mean that i will have my own note pad near me with the bible as well and what ever is said in worship or when the pastor opens up the floor for those who hear from god to say what ever he has placed to give to the body i will not listen or be fooled so simple i will write this down my self and with scripture also that is given then when i come home or with some one i trust i Will sit in prayer and i Will ask the holy spirit to lead me threw the living word to see if by what is said matches with gods living word then i Will also do a little re search on the person my self to see weather by what they say has set people free or left them in bondage or had their been bad reports or they them selves have slipped as i have heard of two prophets who have brokken up good marraiges when in session with some one and had slept with the husbands wifes

i might seem to be mean by who ever reads what i have put down but this is how i was taught by my spiritual mentors to always go back to gods word and never believe just what you hear that even means those that they feel that are called to preach i will always show respect i will submit my self to those in authority roles and i will even up hold them in prayer as god is more harsh on those leading teaching and equipping his people than he is on the rest of the body

in christ

i am also about to be ordained my self and i will always tell those i preach to and lead always have a note pad and always have your own bible near you and always depend on the holy spirit to lead and guide you threw his word

i am a humble person and i do not believe in saying look at me i know everything and do not like the idea of placing my self on a pedal stool as this i have seen to often to wear many look unto man instead of turning back to gods living word as man Will always let us down but god or the holy spirit Will never let us down

i have done this with new Christians that i have led to god and said always go back to gods word always have a note pad and your own bible next to you and when reading gods living word always allow the holy spirit to guide you as he is their to help you never put man above god as man is not god we are his people and this is his church not mans church to wear man has more of a say than god as if we abuse what god gives us he will deal with us or take our gifts off us and even the anointing as well

i dont even get jelous if a prophet comes to church and i dont get prophecied over as i have also seen people get angry when their is no word to them by the visiting prophet or pastor it puzzles me to how people can get them selves into such a state to wear they almost depend on hearing a word given to them this is foolish to do

one friend told me when he prayed over me i have nothing for you but you are to stick close to god and allow his word to soak in your life and he will show you what you need to do in the situations you find your self heck this was the best advice any one has given me and know when i am being even prayed over i do not get worked up i just alow god to be god and if he has something for me i will take what ever the person gives me i can trust my pastor as he is also like me very humble and i know when he is given soemthing too say to me its off god i first did get angry when i would be ingnored and every one else got a word given to them then i came home and said lord i never want to get into such a state wear i am just depending on geting a word from these men it is you that convicted me not man and i will only go by what your spirit brings to the suface to be dealt with teach me to be more dependant on you and less dependant on man as man was not the one who convicted me while i was in jail it was your spirit at work and it was you who did this and i asked the lord to forgive me and i even asked him to teach me to judge those that say they hear from you as i should have that right as your child and he has been as the more i depend on him the more he helps me under stand what i am reading and what i hear

and i hope others get to that point wear they depend on god and go back to his word i am not saying to turn away and not listen to your pastors they are their to guide you and you should always be up holding them in prayer and you should submit to those above you as they are their to guide and equip you not manipulate or lead you astray

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

in the bible there is scripture that tells you to beware of false profits and it also tells you how to determine who is a false profit or not....im not sure where but i know that there is scripture on this issue........oak

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

By your interpretation of scriptures, you are saying that Isaiah was a false prophet b/c it was hundreds of years before his prophecies came true PLUS there are prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

I dont judge the prophet as false as long as there is a chance of the prophecy happening still. But when a so called prophet says such an event will occur by January 1st of 2008, and it doesnt happen, its quite clear the prophet is false.

• Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but it seems to be. In many Christian churches and organizations modern prophecy is not accepted, which I do not see as a good thing. However, in arenas where it is accepted, false prophets seem to be accepted. Let me explain, there are many people out there claiming to be prophets and giving out prophecies which either contradict the scriptures or don't come true and no one sends these false prophets packing. I know that not everyone who accepts prophets does not regulate them, but it seems that many go easy on so called prophets. Can anyone explain this to me.

People are not applying His Word to correct false prophets. They just ignore it and move on. Same thing with heresey. Or even an apostate movement.

Maybe they feel they are not perfect so they don't care to judge as in correcting others. Maybe the cause for unity is such that they believe keeping it is far more important than dealing with errors. Maybe they believe that loving one another is more important, and they are leaving the correction up to the Lord since they may see that the false prophet feels bad enough as it is when his predictions turns out to be false kind of like having a pie in his face put there by a clown...which would be himself. Or maybe routine is all that is really going on and that people really do not want to be that involved since they are just doing their expected duty by keeping fellowship in going to church.

Which kind of shows, can anyone really have fellowship when no one really knows if a beleiver has engaged in something not of faith but if they do, is known in his or her speech, but yet, to respect one another, we dare not correct or it will be seen as attacking that person and thus disrupting unity or fellowship? As long as everyone believes in Jesus is the Saviour, why quibble over what people would say... semantics?

Maybe that is the reason they do not deal with false prophets? And maybe that is the reason why the falling away would happen in the last days.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

People are not applying His Word to correct false prophets. They just ignore it and move on. Same thing with heresey. Or even an apostate movement.

Maybe they feel they are not perfect so they don't care to judge as in correcting others. Maybe the cause for unity is such that they believe keeping it is far more important than dealing with errors. Maybe they believe that loving one another is more important, and they are leaving the correction up to the Lord since they may see that the false prophet feels bad enough as it is when his predictions turns out to be false kind of like having a pie in his face put there by a clown...which would be himself. Or maybe routine is all that is really going on and that people really do not want to be that involved since they are just doing their expected duty by keeping fellowship in going to church.

Which kind of shows, can anyone really have fellowship when no one really knows if a beleiver has engaged in something not of faith but if they do, is known in his or her speech, but yet, to respect one another, we dare not correct or it will be seen as attacking that person and thus disrupting unity or fellowship? As long as everyone believes in Jesus is the Saviour, why quibble over what people would say... semantics?

Maybe that is the reason they do not deal with false prophets? And maybe that is the reason why the falling away would happen in the last days.

The falling away is I believe already happening. But the reason for the falling away is due to an apostate church. The church will not deal with sin as it is. A prophet is to tell what is on the heart of God for future things also for the moment things. He/she will recieve as the Lord leads them to tell. Now as far as coming true, that depends on the timing of the Lord, and to test the spirit requires a discerning gift from the Lord also, you will not know to check of the spirit behind this "prophet " without the gift of discernment. Yes the true "prophet's " word given has to line up with the word of God!! Now some think that when a prophet speaks he/she will quote scripture, not so. He/she will say what is on the Father's heart for things to come, or what will be going on in a personal matter, words of knowledge. But they will give clarity of what is already written in the Word!!! When we read what the word has for us as far as prophecy, so many things are still waiting to be fulfilled, now what if everyone in those times said, they haven't come to pass so therefore must not be of God. Be careful and ask God for discernent and for clarity so as to not just walk away from something that may change your life!!! :24:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

According to scripture, prophets judge prophets.

According to scripture we are to beware of false prophets. How can we beware of them unless we can say that one is a false prophet?