• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings All,

I have had on my mind lately Jonah the angry prophet. As you know Jonah was angry with God because God did not destroy Ninevah as He said He would. In Jonah 4 he accused God of being gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. In fact he was so angy that he declared it was better for him to die rather than to live.

Sometimes I think many of us forget the Great Redeeming Love of our Saviour. He who knew the depth of Sin and its consequences from width to breadth chose to die and to redeem rather than to annihilate.

In Matthew 24:12 Jesus reminds us that in the latter days men's love will grow cold because of the increase of lawlessness.

Sometimes I think the emphasis is on when is God going to destroy rather than remembering the interceeding God who is vitally interested in Redemption and Salvation of people and circumstances. Such times as these are ripe for intercession for a movement of the Holy Spirit bringing life and light to our world.

Abraham thought of his family when God told him he was planning to destroy Sodom. I am thinking of a lost generation of children who have not known the gracious moving of the Spirit in their lives.

I am wondering if some of us could agree in prayer together for a move of God ....one more time. Perhaps we could share scriptures by way of this topic that we would pray and believe together. Perhaps you have some ideas you would share. Thanks...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Isaiah 1:18, 19

"Let Us Reason"

18"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD,

"Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

"If you consent and obey, You will eat the best of the land;

we have a reasonable faith.

if more people could understand this, i believe they would be more inclined to give it a chance.

How wonderful Fraught, to consider that we have a reasonable faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Why pray for a move of God?

The Jonahs of today would be those keeping the faith which is the good fight. That would be one way of coming together of one mind and one faith when love for one another is found by encouraging one another in the faith, correcting one another if need be so that their love may abound yet more and more in the Lord. Is it not done out of love to see the brethren standing steadfast in the faith?

Sometimes to see that faith clearly, is to use the Light of Christ to expose the works of darkness that the believer may reprove those things to be found abiding in Him.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

The Jonahs of today would be those keeping the faith which is the good fight. That would be one way of coming together of one mind and one faith when love for one another is found by encouraging one another in the faith, correcting one another if need be so that their love may abound yet more and more in the Lord. Is it not done out of love to see the brethren standing steadfast in the faith?

Sometimes to see that faith clearly, is to use the Light of Christ to expose the works of darkness that the believer may reprove those things to be found abiding in Him.

Hello there!

when I read about Jonah, I giggle to myself although his problem with religious bigotry and the way he tried to manipulate and avoid the call to preach to the gentile congregation was tremendously serious.

It shows me how much Our father will chase down a disobedient sevant to correct him.

Although Jonah had no mercy to show the congregation, Gods Mercy prevailed. Not only towards Ninevah but towards Jonah. His heart was so hardened against Gods call Jonah did not even awaken during the storm.

Thank The Lord that His mercy overrided Jonahs harsh judgement. Ninevah had a great revival and Jonah, the prophet was not lost to God...taught tremendous humility.

I giggle cause I have my Jonah times.

Besides us all praying for souls we need to pray and make sure our hearts are right..our ninevahs may be all different but I am sure if one hasn't been called to their ninevah it will happen.

When we listen to Jesus as He sends us out the journey is fruitful and smooth. Some of us are busy banging our heads up against people God has not called us to yet and we get weary, tired and dismayed.

Others are banging our heads trying to figure out how to get around our call.

imagine how Jonah felt when he found out God was waiting until the preaching started before the forty day countdown..thinking that after 50 days his problems would be over,ninevah would be destroyed. God already saw the revival before Jonah.

Thanks for the posting, we need to see all as a brother or sister whether or not they are saved. :mgfrog:

Hello Patricia,

It is so good to be reminded that God's mercy prevailed "anyway" as we might say. I really appreciate being reminded of that point. I am happy to remember right now that God is truly sovereign.

And I loved your point about wearying ourselves over people we had not yet been called to. It really is best to hear that call from God rather than calling ourselves. Oh I have given myself quite a few headaches in this area down through the years!

Praise God for his total Sovereignty and great mercy. His Redeeming Love goes forth.

Hey Poor in Spirit. I really appreciate your point about people coming together in faith to stand against the works of darkness. And you are so right. We must stand against those works that are so destructive. But I am concerned about the anger that is prevalent in many when I hear them speak. Anger does not work the righteousness of God. But rather it is the love of God which prevails.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I am wondering if some of us could agree in prayer together for a move of God ....one more time. Perhaps we could share scriptures by way of this topic that we would pray and believe together. Perhaps you have some ideas you would share. Thanks...

To the believers...

John 7:37-39 (KJV)

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Isaiah 32:1-4 (KJV)

1 Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment. 2 And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land. 3 And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. 4 The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly.

Isaiah 35:1-10 (KJV)

1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. 2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God. 3 Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. 4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. 5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. 6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. 7 And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes. 8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. 9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: 10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Zech 10:1 (KJV)

Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.

1 John 3:22-24 (KJV)

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Hey Poor in Spirit. I really appreciate your point about people coming together in faith to stand against the works of darkness. And you are so right. We must stand against those works that are so destructive. But I am concerned about the anger that is prevalent in many when I hear them speak. Anger does not work the righteousness of God. But rather it is the love of God which prevails.

I agree.

2 Timothy 2:24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 3: 1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, 2To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. 3For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

James 3: 12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh. 13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

1 Peter 3: 14But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Ephesians 4: 1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Galatians 6: 1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5For every man shall bear his own burden. 6Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Colossians 3: 11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. 12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Now I reckon there be times when correction done in meekness, allowing the Lord to minister through the Word that was shared. may lead to sterner measures within a church as Christ taught.... in this Jesus shall guide us as to when meekness is to end and harsh rebuke is to begin, but the majority of the verses above as been instructed to correct in meekness. Then there are stronger measures below.

Matthew 18: 14Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Corinthians 5: 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Corinthians 4: 16Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. 17For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. 18Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. 19But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. 20For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 21What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

2 Timothy 1:12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 13Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 14That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Do note above the use of the word commit as to mean entrust as even in the last verse... that which is entrusted to us is being kept by the Holy Ghosy which dwelleth in us to prevent us from having a religious striving use of the word commit...thus holding fast the form of sound words.

Titus 1:12One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Thessalonians 3: 1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. ...14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 16Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Of course, when a brother we have withdrawn from has repented or the one that was excommunicated has repented, then he is to be welcome back.

But of course, if a whole fellowship.. a church has gone astray and would not heed the correction to be sound in the faith, we should withdraw from assembly... again, the Lord shall guide that believer to depart of that be the case.

2 Corinthains 6: 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Matthew 10: 13And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

2 Timothy 4: 1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Another Traveller, Thank you for the uplifting scriptures! I am making note of them so that I can use them during prayer. Praise the LORD!