IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If we want to really get nit picky, the Sabbath was Saturday I think and the day of rest appointed by God, so that has been changed through the years to Sunday therefore making it the new "Church/Worship" day.

It is SINFUL that these people say you are unChristian to not Worship on Sunday. That is legalistic, untrue and so out of touch with Fellowshipping with Christ. I am sorry this happened to you.

Changed by whom?...God or man?

Edited by PreciousRubi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Those here who are opposed to the Law (and Sabbath) seem to believe that those of us who obey God's law, do so out of some kind of belief that we are justified unto salvation by religiously following God's commandments.

However, obeying the law of God is not something that is opposed to walking in the Spirit.

This is the nature of the New Covenant.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

The works of the flesh are disobedience to the law of God but to walk in the Spirit is to be living in obedience to the law of God. When we are tempted to sin, we can call on God to guide us by His Spirit.

1 John 3:4 says, "sin is the transgression of the law"

Satan's main aim is to get us to sin or transgress the law so he can accuse us before God.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

PR

I don't disagree with any of that.

I am not opposed to the Law! We need to look at what Paul said was the purpose of the Law, and understand what Christ wants us to do and how to live to keep His Word and to love Him. I think we just disagree about how to do that on some of these issues surrounding Sabbath observance and other types of observance given to the Nation of Isreal.

I would say that Satan's main goal is to destroy our faith in Christ. For this alone will send us to our doom, and yes part of that would be to let us wallow in unrepented sin, which does hurt our faith as it may call us to quite relying on Him to forgive our sins. But we all sin; no matter how hard you try you will always sin and fall short we always need His forgiveness no matter how hard we try to not sin we will fail. So Satan can work that angle also, letting us believe we no longer need Christ to forgive our sins becuase somehow we are not in need of forgiveness becuase we have this sin thing licked.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Man can't change the law of God! He only thinks he can which is a great delusion.

Scripture does speak of one who would think, presume, that He could:

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth (students of history know that this kingdom is Rome), which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. (when Pagan Rome was broken up, ten kingdoms arose. Then the Unholy Roman Empire devoured three of these and thus began the reign of one who would think He was God on earth and presume to change God's laws and the appointed time of the Holy Sabbath.)

7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think (presume) to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him (God and thus His laws).

The Holy? (unholy) Roman Empire and its Spiritual leader who would speak great words against the most High, presumed to exalt a new Sabbath and actually pronounced a curse on those who kept God's Holy Sabbath which of course is blasphemy. Here is some more of his blasphemy:

1.) He calls himself the Holy Father. Now who is the only Holy Father, but God himself.

2.) He calls himself the 'vicar of christ', which means substitute for christ.

3.) He claims infallibility in interpreting the Scriptures. There is only one infallible interpreter of Scripture, the Holy Spirit.

Thus he claims all three offices of God. This is truly blasphemy.

So I guess if you want to follow Him it would be more honest to join his church. As for me and my house I will follow the Lord.

Here is another interesting quote on the Commandments, by Jesus Himself, not by the 'Vicar'.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Thus according to Scriptures, the very words of the Savior, to teach that any of the Ten Commandments are done away with makes one least in the kingdom of God. Here in context instead of doing away with the Ten Commandments, Jesus is taking them much deeper, manifying them as Isaiah 42:21 prophesied that He would do. There are only two types of people in the kingdom now, the wheat and the tares, the greatest and the least. We choose which one we are.

I wonder if Jesus said anything else about the commandments of men?

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition (tradition is the teaching of man).

15:7 You hypocrites (this is Jesus' definition of a hypocrite), well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

15:8 This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoursh me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

God Bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/13/1987

I go to church on Sundays, but my campus ministry has their meetings on Tuesdays. I try to worship God everyday. God didn't give me only Sunday, he gave me Monday-Saturday.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well what was Jesus talking about?

Was He talking about ALL of the Law given to the Nation of Israel? Why choose just the Sabbath and Pork? Do you eat with utensils cleaned in the proper way? Do you sacrifice your animals correctly? Do you circumcise your children in the correct way as given by scripture? In addition the Law tells us how to observe the Sabbath, and going to church is not mentioned. What is mentioned is refraining from all work refraining from anyone in your household working or causing anyone to work? If you own a business you must close and not allow anyone in your employ to work on the Sabbath if you want to observe the Sabbath as the Law which you so desire to observe tells us to do.

It looks to me, as if indeed we want to play around with the Law, choosing what is now convenient for us to follow; this is what is manmade. If you want to re-enter this type of observance why not really do it correctly?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The Sabbath was given to the Israelites. God never commanded any other group of people to observe the Sabbath. That scripture is plain as day, and there is no way to work around it.

Shalom,

And, as Believers in Messiah, the Gentiles are now JOINED with Israel. Some Christians try to deny that, but it's Scriptural:

Galatians 3:

29And if you are Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

<br />Man can't change the law of God! He only thinks he can which is a great delusion. <br /><br />Scripture does speak of one who would think, presume, that He could:<br /><br /><font color="#800080"><b>Dan 7:23</b> Thus he said, The <b>fourth beast</b> shall be the <b>fourth kingdom upon earth </b> <font color="#0000FF"><b>(students of history know that this kingdom is Rome), </b></font>which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall <b>devour the whole earth</b>, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. <br /><b>7:24</b> And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and <b>another shall rise after them</b>; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. <font color="#0000FF"><b>(when Pagan Rome was broken up, ten kingdoms arose. Then the Unholy Roman Empire devoured three of these and thus began the reign of one who would think He was God on earth and presume to change God's laws and the appointed time of the Holy Sabbath.)</b></font><br /><b>7:25 </b>And he shall <b>speak great words against the most High</b>, and shall <b>wear out the saints </b>of the most High, and <b>think (presume)</b> to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. <br /><b>7:26</b> But <b>the judgment shall sit</b>, and they shall <b>take away his dominion</b>, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. <br /><b>7:27</b> And <b>the kingdom and dominion</b>, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall <b>be given to the people of the saints of the most High</b>, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and <b>all dominions shall serve and obey him <font color="#0000FF"> (God and thus His laws).</b></font> </font><br /><br />The Holy? (unholy) Roman Empire and its Spiritual leader who would speak great words against the most High, presumed to exalt a new Sabbath and actually pronounced a curse on those who kept God's Holy Sabbath which of course is blasphemy. Here is some more of his blasphemy:<br /><br /><font color="#8B0000"><b>1.)</b> He calls himself the Holy Father. Now who is the only Holy Father, but God himself.<br /><br /><b>2.)</b> He calls himself the 'vicar of christ', which means substitute for christ.<br /><br /><b>3.)</b> He claims infallibility in interpreting the Scriptures. There is only one infallible interpreter of Scripture, the Holy Spirit.</font><br />Thus he claims all three offices of God. This is truly blasphemy.<br /><br />So I guess if you want to follow Him it would be more honest to join his church. As for me and my house I will follow the Lord. <br /><br />Here is another interesting quote on the Commandments, by Jesus Himself, not by the 'Vicar'.<br /><br /><font color="#800080"><b>Mat 5:18</b> For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. <br /><b>5:19 </b><b>Whosoever therefore shall <u>break one of these least commandments</u>, </b>and shall <b><u>teach men so</u></b>, he shall be called the <b>least in the kingdom of heaven</b>: but whosoever <b><u>shall do </u>and <u>teach them</u></b>, the same shall be <b><u>called great </u>in the kingdom of heaven. </b> </font><br /><br />Thus according to Scriptures, the very words of the Savior, to teach that any of the Ten Commandments are done away with makes one least in the kingdom of God. Here in context instead of doing away with the Ten Commandments, Jesus is taking them much deeper, manifying them as Isaiah 42:21 prophesied that He would do. There are only two types of people in the kingdom now, the wheat and the tares, the greatest and the least. We choose which one we are.<br /><br />I wonder if Jesus said anything else about the commandments of men?<br /><br /><font color="#800080"><b>Mat 15:6</b> And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have <b>you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition <font color="#0000FF">(tradition is the teaching of man). </font></b><br /><b>15:7</b> You hypocrites <font color="#0000FF"><b>(this is Jesus' definition of a hypocrite), </b></font>well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, <br /><b>15:8 </b>This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoursh me with their lips; but <b>their heart is far from me</b>. <br /><b>15:9</b> But <b>in vain they do worship me</b>, teaching for doctrines the <u>commandments of men</u>. </font><br /><br />God Bless,<br /><br />Dennis<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

hello there...church is only a building, every day you should be meeting with Jesus...forsake not the assembling of yourselves....we need each other.

In America we have more legalism and manmade rules than Jesus intended for us to have. In other countries they get together whenevr they can and have to shift around so they do not get caught. Being a follower of Christ has nothing to do with anything except for his Grace and Mercy bestowed upon us when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, as our King. Anybody who tries to add to the simple salvation message .....I would not give them the time of day.

If you are a follower of Christ Jesus ,Beleve His word according to the wisdom and Knowledge He shows you...Thats it!!!!

patricia1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I wasn't criticizing.

Yes, I am new here but not to online discussions in general.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Shalom Blaze,

Hey, no worries! We're all family here! I hope you enjoy Worthy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/20/1983

I agree with just about everyone else on this thread, however, I will slightly disagree with the fact that the building is church instead I will say, we, the people, we are the church. The construction or the building is just an enclosure. It's just a building. God is coming back for HIS church, (us) not the physical place in which we decide to mass or corporately worship. With regards to your question, don't let anyone tell you how often or which day of the week you should go on. Don't even listen to my suggestion, let the holy spirit get your attention on that matter. While Sunday is traditionally the day most Christ followers go to church, the other days of the week need love too (smiles). It's all where Christ leads you. You can have church in your very home, inviting over others. You don't have to "go" to church, at least not in the sense its understood. Simply, church starts with us, it doesn't matter where we worship or which day we go on, so long as we are not in error with the holy scriptures.

Edited by Christ_Sheep