• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Okay. The first thing I want to address is how we look at someone when they prophesy.

Acts 2: 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Acts 16: 16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. 19And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

I mean... one can be skeptical when someone comes into the assembly and after awhile, start prophesying future events. They can say truthful statements as Paul and Silas put up with it until Paul was grieved. One could say Paul was grieved, because they came to preach the Gospel while this girl keeps shining the spotlight on them in doing so, thus being a major distraction. One wonders why Paul did not do it sooner unless it became obvious that what the girl was doing was putting the spotlight on them and not on the Good News they were bringing. And apparently, some masters were making gains off of her so when she could not longer do what she did, they sought punishment on Paul and Silas, so...

...If one prophecy future events... is it to exalt the prophet speaking? If one prophecy so much that they become popular so as to make monetary gains off of it or so to speak.. make a living...should we listen or better yet, put up with it? Or do we say...enough?

I know that to prophesy means to preach the Gospel so that it does not mean to specifically tell of future events or declare revelations so I guess one has to wonder in how we look at someone when they prophesy future events if they are exalting themselves more than the faith in Christ or the Good News.... and making a living off of it or a reputation for being a "latter day prophet".

1 Corinthians 3: 5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

So that is why I am reluctant to share anything in regards to prophecy. I don't care to be exalted or praised or get a fan club going or whatever.

Luke 6: 26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

So I am left wondering if the prophesying of future events is nothing more but just God informing you?

The Old Testament as well as the New speaks of prophetic dreams as well as dreams that warn. Some needed an interpretor, whereas some were clear warnings like the dreams Joseph had in regards to Mary or the coming persecution of Herod... Matthew 1:20 & Matthew 2:13 respectively.

We even have this hint in His Word.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So I apologize to everyone for sharing my prophetic dreams. God did not tell me to share them. Please do not see me as someone to be exalted, because I had dreams that warned me of future sins. Of all so-called "prophets", I am a loser of all of them cause I did not heed all the warnings, but the Lord has forgiven me and is helping me as He leads me away from tempations and delivering me from the evil one to keep me from sinning again so as to live as His as He has promised.

1 John 3: 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1: 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Of course, if God told you to share.... that is a different story. Has anyone been ordered specifically to share or does the thought that if you were given knowledge of future event, you believe God wants you to share? Wouldn't the word of John 16:13 imply a promise so that no one need to, because God will inform? Just wondering.

Again, prophesying of future events is not to be confused with preaching the Gospel or edifying in the knowledge of Him. I know we are to preach the Gospel and to edify in the knowledge of Him. It is the future events definition of prophesying that is being addressed here. Feel free to edify and share your thoughts on the subject which I tend to believe may become controversial since one may question the reputations of those that are called "latter day prophets" if they do little or no edifying in the faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

So that is why I am reluctant to share anything in regards to prophecy. I don't care to be exalted or praised or get a fan club going or whatever.

True prophecy will not develope a fan club for you. Others might try to lynch you, but they only exhault false prophets.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Controversial Issues to Prophecy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

True prophecy will not develope a fan club for you. Others might try to lynch you, but they only exhault false prophets.

I agree to a point. I mean, I look at Paul and Silas and although they were not prophesying future events, but preaching the Gospel, that girl with a familiar spirit was putting the spotlight on them. I know it is possible for someone to lose themselves in the service of Him due to pride.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Moved from Controversial Issues to Prophecy

Okay-dokey. :thumbsup:

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Hi svthdysthsbbth!! :24::24:

How does that apply to the prophetic dream/ warning given to Joseph? Joseph did not speak according to the warning given. He warned no one, because he was not warned that others would be harmed, so we can see here that a prophetic warning can be just for that person, right? Even though one wonders why he was not warned that others would be harmed so as to warn others, but whom are we to question God? To stick with the subject at hand, the verse you shared does not always mean one must share a prophetic dream or warning, right?

Matthew 2: 13And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. 14When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

Isaiah 8: 17And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. 18Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. 19And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 20To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

So in context and I put to you the question.... the instruction to seek God instead of people for information... should that not be given to those that seek out latter day prophets? Should they not seek the Lord in prayer?

Oh, and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Edited by poorinspirit

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

high i had to read this twice to see what you as a person are trying to say hear alone

first i feel that one needs to be committed to a church to understand this as prophecy should be used to build each other up paul was not impressed with the girl doing this so he rebuked the spirit that was with in her

Acts 16

17 this girl followed paul and the rest of us shouting these men are servents of the most high god who are telling you how to be saved

18 she kept this up for msny days fianlly paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit in the name of jesus christ i command you to come out of her at that momment the spirit left her

19 when the owners of the slave girl relaized that their hope of making money was gone they seized paul and silas and dragged them into the market place to face the athorities

unless you have been on out reach you would not understand what paul did hear paul did this to shut that spirit up as it was getting to him and he new that spirit in the slave girl was a taunting spirit so this is why paul did what he did he did not do this so she could show them up and say look hear are two men of god who wil tell you to be saved paul was up set at the taunting that was coming from the slave girls spirit

i have been on out reach wear i have wittnessed fortune tellers say you are christians with out even saying anything or reaching out to them and sharring gods word wear i live we have this event every year and my self and another brother walk threw town seeing what the new age movment is trying to preach to the people of the town we live in we love doing this as this is wear we can have fun with these new age fortune tellers and it always happens to when these fortune tellers see me and my friend they just pack up and move some wear else of course we pray for 2 hrs before we even set foot in to the mall and this is what i am trying to say in what you are trying to point out hear in your topic

paul new that spirit in the slave girl was going to waste his and silas time so he just simply said in jesus name i command you to come out of her and if you would have heard this mesage preached you would under stand why this passage is in acts alone

i even did this in the group house my old church was running we had this one guy who would constantly say satan is going to get you his demons wil come and attac you as i have been talking to satan so i said what should i do hear to my supperviser who was our churches elder and my friend said use the gifts that are in you and rebuke that spirit so i took my friends advice i shut my self in my room as he was no wear in the house and i prayed and i seeked god out and i asked the assistance of the holy spirit as well i got dinner out the way as the men i was looking after could not cook i was only stil young 20yrs old and hear i was looking after guys that should now how to look after them selves he tried this again at the dinner table as the other men wear freaking out and wear not christians so i gut the courage to do this and i rebuked that spirit out of him i said bluntly in jesus name i comand you to stop taunting me you have no right you are a cowerd satan using this man like this and by me doing this the other guys wanted to learn and we started bible studies and 4 men gave their heart to god all because i prayed asked the holy spirit to help me and seeked advice from my elder who was my supperviser and to this day these guys who are committed to my old church talk about this as this young man who was doing this said i feel diffrent what did you do to me i said i did not do nothing god did this threw me to shut that taunting spirit up in you he felt strange as if he lost his comfort blanket he left the next day and we never heard of him

yet the hole house was peace full and every one got on so well just by me obeying what my elder of my church told me to do i told him and he gave me a big hug and you could see the smile on his face as he said i wish i was their

now comming back to your topic on prophecy concerning futer events

what have you as a fellow brother got against those that prophecy in church ? i am committed in a good church i am submissive to those in my church i am even submissive to my pastor and my leaders as they want to see me grow they want to see me move forward in the gifts god has given me and they want to see me as a person form healthy relationships with my brothers and sisters we need to be committed in a church to understand this my church i am in has two good prophets who my pastor and the leaders trust

we never let a stranger come in off the street and say something that is not run by the pastor or the leaders and know it has to even be cleared by me as i am our churches out reach worker and we have new young christians among us even the prophets i told you they run things by us and say i feel god is wanting to say something to the body and its done with our pastor saying yes or no this is called working together and in respect for each other and the new christians as wel as we do not want to be a stumbling block to our new brothers and sisters in the lord we want them to open up to the full truth about gods word and also to this wear prophecy or prophets say what god is saying to the body of christ

prophecy as i said has its use and its use should be to build the body of christ

this is what the bible says about those that fall away and its from gods living word and his living word never lies and it never lets us down but cuts to the heart and sets a person free

Hebrews 5

Warning against falling away

11 we have much to say about this but it is hard to explaine because you are slow to learn

12 in fact though by this time you ought to be teachers you need some one to teach you the elementry truths of gods word all over again you need milk not solid food

13 any one who lives on milk being still an infant is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness

14 but solid food is for the mature who by constant use have trained them selves to distinguish good from evil

Hebrews 6

therfore let us leave the elementary teachings about christ and go onto to maturity not laying again the foudnation of repantance from acts that lead to death and of faith in god

2 instruction about baptism the laying on of hands the ressurection of the dead and eternal judgment

3 and god permiting we wil do so

4 it is impossible for those who have once been enligtend who have tasted the the heavenly gift who have sharred in the holy spirit

5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of god and the power of the coming age

1 timothy 4

instructions to timothy

the spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deciving spirits and things taught by demons

2 such teachings come threw hypocritical liars whose conscience has been seard as with a hot iron

3 they forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods which god created to be received with thanks giving by those who beleive and who know the truth

Ephesians 4

unity in the body

as a prisoner of the lord i urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received

2 be completly humble and gentle be patient and bearing with one another in love

3 make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace

4 their is one body and one spirit just as you were called to one hope when you were called

5 one lord one faith one baptism

6 one god and father of all who is over all and threw all and in all

1 corinthians 12 spiritual gifts

Now about spiritual gifts brothers i dont want you to be ignorant

2 you know that when you were pagans some how or other you were influnced and led astray to mute idols

3 therfore i tell you that no one who is speaking by the spirit of god says jesus be cursed and no one can say jesus is lord except by the holy spirit

4 there are diffrent kind of gifts but the same spirit

5 there are diffrent kind of services but the same lord

6 there are diffrent kinds of working but the same god works all of them in all men

7 now to each one the manifestation of the spirit is given for the common good

8 to one there is given through spirit the message of wisdom

9 to another faith by the same spirit to another gifts of healing by that one spirit

10 to anothe miraculous powers to another prophecy to another distinguishing between spirits to another speakingt in tounges and to another the interpertation of tounges

11 all these are the work of one and the same spirit and he gives them to each one as he determines

james 3 two kinds of wisdom

13 who is wise and understanding among you let him show it by his good life by deeds done in the humilty that comes from wisdom

14 but if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts do not boast about it or deny the truth

15 such wisdom does not come down from heaven but is earthly unspiritual of the devil

16 for were you have envy and selfish ambition there you find disorder and every evil practice

17 but the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure then peace loving considerate submissive full of mercy and good fruit impartial and sincere

18 peace makers who sow in peace raise a harvest or righteousness

i have given my in put on what i see hear in your topic as i belive that prophecy is for tbe body of christ it is no good if you are not comitted or under stand what gods word says on this

god gives us things to say some thing to some one yet you need to be sure you are hearing from god and it is not your head doing all the talking

what i do not like as a brother is when some one is bitter or some one has been hurt and they have nothing better to do than come down on other brothers and sisters in the lord who are in stable churches and who belive in using these gifts to build the church and his kingdom up

i have given you a fair bit to go over hear this is who i am as a person and this is what i hold close to my heart and i ask that you try not to lead me astray i am not preaching to you i am not even trying to correct you

i love you as a brother and i have been keeping you in my prayers

so this is what it means to your post i belive it is for the body of christ and when he gives us some thing to say we say it but as i said double check and pray and then and only then give it to the person if it is going to build them up and not tare them down other wise say nothing that is going to offend your brother or sister in the lord