WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,539
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

A British parliamentary committee plans to investigate claims that the CIA operated a "black site" prison on Diego Garcia, an island in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/upi-com-New...e_island-5460-/

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

A British parliamentary committee plans to investigate claims that the CIA operated a "black site" prison on Diego Garcia, an island in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/upi-com-New...e_island-5460-/

Worth making note that the reason this is being raised in the British parliament is that the allegations are about prisoners being abused in an American gaol in an British colony - so British sovereign territory.

Also worth mentioning the evil treatment of the indigenous lBritish passport holding, local population by the British authorities, deporting them to live in squalor in Mauritius to meet the requirements of their American tenants.

By the way, houldn't this be in international rather than US news.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Moved to World News area. :verkle:

t.

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I don't understand what this has to do with the price of tea in China. Guantanamo prisoners are equating themselves with a secret prision?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I hope the CIA has plenty of secret prisons. We are fighting World War III. We had better get our heads out of the sand and wake up to the fact.

Beginning with General Sherman, the United States government officially adoped a strategy to WIN wars. It revolved around "Breaking the will of the people to fight." Sherman did not take the war to the armies of Johnson and later Hood. He took the war to the people of Georgia. He broke their will to support an army; then the army crumbled. We continued this in every war since that time until Viet Nam. WE LOST VIET NAM!!!

In WWII, we took that fight to the people of Germany, not the army. We carpet bombed the civilian populations of Germany. We dropped ordinance of all type on civilian centers. We used incindiary bombs to level cities. WHY? We wanted to win the war. What was the "strategic value" of the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan? None! Where were they dropped? Huge civilian centers. WHY? Break the will of the people to fight!

This country USED to know how to WIN A WAR! Now, WE HAVE NO CLUE how to win a war! You do not win a war by destroying an army. The populous will raise another army. You win a war by breaking the will of the PEOPLE to fight. We seem to have forgotten this long held military fact.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ouch!

Which side's people have lost the will to fight?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

You win a war by breaking the will of the PEOPLE to fight. We seem to have forgotten this long held military fact.

So using examples from previous history like nukes and other tragedies, what do you suggest be done in Iraq, seeing as we are not fighting a country, but an extremist ideology? Anything that involves carpet bombing, or firebombing, or nuking anything in Iraq would only ferment the views that the U.S. is a brutal, evil nation that seeks to kill innocents rather than hunt terrorists. You'll kill a lot more innocent people than terrorists, lose the support we have in Iraq, as well as across the world that way.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When they came for a man in my country .... I didn't care, it wasn't me.

When they came for a man in my state........I didn't care, it wasn't me.

When they came for a man in my town....... I didn't care , it wasn't me.

When they came for my neighbor .............I didn't care, it wasn't me.

When they came for me ................Nobody was left to care.

Secret prisons are a problem anytime , anywhere.

If it cannot be done in the light of day and in the open , you can be sure it comes from Satan not out Lord.

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

If it cannot be done in the light of day and in the open , you can be sure it comes from Satan not out Lord.

:)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

You win a war by breaking the will of the PEOPLE to fight. We seem to have forgotten this long held military fact.

So using examples from previous history like nukes and other tragedies, what do you suggest be done in Iraq, seeing as we are not fighting a country, but an extremist ideology? Anything that involves carpet bombing, or firebombing, or nuking anything in Iraq would only ferment the views that the U.S. is a brutal, evil nation that seeks to kill innocents rather than hunt terrorists. You'll kill a lot more innocent people than terrorists, lose the support we have in Iraq, as well as across the world that way.

Iraq is almost a lost cause. We should have gone in on day one and launched a WWII type battle strategy. Dessimate the land. Bomb it and burn what is left, but either way destroy it. Then, Just as we did in Germany and Japan, rebuild the nation. It worked in Germany and Japan, it would have worked in Iraq. I would love to see how General Sherman would handle Iraq. If the man were still alive and given absolute free hand, He would have the country under control in two weeks.

The world already thinks we are a Brutal "empire building" nation. The world perception of us could not be worse than it already is. The only difference lies in that if we fought wars the way we used to, we would win them.