IGNORED

SPIRITUAL DIET

Guest abbajesus

Guest LCPGUY

Hello abbajesus!

Just curious, are you a girl with a boy's name, or a boy that didn't fill his profile out correctly? :x:

You should eat what is acceptable to you without trying to sway others into your chosen lifestyle, diet in this case.

All food, plant and animal was given to us by God. Too much of any one thing is probably not wise, as is not getting the nourishment you need.

Lastly, I believe that once we receive our glorified body's, food will be a moot point.

Upon reading some scriptures you have included, I curious as to what Bible translation you're reading?

In any event, Welcome! :hug:

John

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

Sorry, James....but from the time I was a kid, I hated eating my veggies...and still do. I force myself to eat some veggies and fruit is okay.

I really enjoy a good pepperoni pizza... :huh:

I'm with you cats. I also love my baby back ribs ummmmmmmmmmm :o

Guest idolsmasher

I am by no means an expert on diet or nutrition, but I have heard that the body can only obtain certain amino acids from meat, and especially red meats. These amino acids appear to be very healthy for the body and are lacking in a vegetarian diet. True that man has made the meat less healthy through growth hormones and antibiotics etc, but this type of thing can also be true of grains and fruits and veggies. The thing about Atkins is the grouping of foods. Meats naturally come packaged with fat which is metabolised into sugar and carbohydrate in the body and if you dump on top of that a bunch of starchy type carbohydrates (especially highly processed), and you are getting too much of it and the excess gets stored as fat and some of the internal organs become taxed in having to metabolise and deal with all that excess. Add on top of that sedentary lifestyles and you have a recipe for disaster. Also, many people's meat portions are too large. You don't really need a lot of meat, but a little will keep these amino acids working in your body. Also, any sugars are carbs and a lot of processed and packaged foods have a lot of processed starches and sugars. I think processed and packaged foods are worse for you than eating meat in moderstion, but veggies and fruit are almost always good. That's my 2 ounces worth. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Meat is a great source for iron, which is essential in the production of red blood cells. Although iron can be found in other foods, the human body can more easilly absorb it through meat. Eating meat also helps in the absorbtion of iron through vegetables.

Another fact, found through the Atkins diet, is that Americans in particular consume in excess of 3 times the number of needed carbohydrates per day. The increase of carbohydrate consumption in American's diet has caused a host of serious medical problems including heart problems, hypoglycemia and diabetes, and weight related issues. It's not the meat that's killing Americans, it's the breads! Pure meat has 0 carbohydrates, whereas all grains and processed grains (breads, cereals, etc.) have the most, followed by dairy, and then vegetables.

During the 1950s the average American diet consisted of two eggs, bacon, toast, and a glass of milk every morning for breakfast. Americans ate as much as 2 to 3 times more meat than processed grains in the 50s than we do today. In comparison fewer people suffered from obesity and obesity related health issues than we do today. During the late 70s to mid 80s period nutritionists, and health advocates condemned the eating of red meats and fats. As a result Americans increased their consumption of processed grains and vegitables, and practically shunned red meat much the way smoking is being shunned today (I'm not saying at all the smoking has any health benefits, mind you). What we wound up with was not a happy healthy society as we once invisioned, but an overweight, sluggish, unhealthy society. And people are still today believing that red meat is the worst enemy of a healthy lifestyle. This is JUST NOT TRUE! All meat is part of a healthy lifestyle.

Reminds me of the Woody Allen movie where he's somehow transported to the future and everyone is eating donuts and pastries. That is considered "healthy" and all natural food is banned. Was that "Sleeper?"

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I think "Abba" must belong to PETA or something...not that I have a problem with that...I'm an animal person bigtime!

I love animals but I'm afraid that if I don't have to see them harmed, I'll eat my chicken and beef and not think about it.

However, if I was in Korea and they served "dog" I'd learn to become vegetarian REAL FAST!

I'd only make myself eat veggies only IF the only choices were domestic animals, (dog and cat)...my favorite "people"....

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds kind of like the Hindu's in India that are starving and won't eat the cows that are all over the place. :o

What was the verse which Paul spoke regarding those that abstain from meat? I am at work and without my Bible. :huh:

Romans 14

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest LCPGUY
I'd only make myself eat veggies only IF the only choices were domestic animals, (dog and cat)...my favorite "people"....

Ahhhhhhh... Cats.......

:o:huh::o

Bro John :il:

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

ICPguy: Yo, bruh! :huh:

Adstar: That was an absolutely excellent verse!

Abba person: I sympathize with your position, friend. I like animals a lot. I really do so I sympathize with you.

When we get to heaven, God will give us a new food and it won't be our animal friends, I'm sure.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Sounds kind of like the Hindu's in India that are starving and won't eat the cows that are all over the place.  :)

What was the verse which Paul spoke regarding those that abstain from meat? I am at work and without my Bible. :t2:

Romans 14

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

I just have to respond by suggesting you look at Daniel 1, he and his buddies thrived on a vegetable only diet!

Guest LCPGUY

The following is another blasphemy that the Peta folks are posting on their web-site. And they call themselves Christians? Not when they mock our Lord with this kind of abomination. I always thought these folks were nuts, now I know it goes way beyond that!

petapig2.jpg

In Him,

John