Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

This verse is talking about Israel. In Hebrew poetry the authors frequently used a divice call parallelism. They typical stanza has to phrases. IN Hebrew poetry the second phrase disambiuates the first. The only nation and people group that God has chosen as an inheritance is Israel. Gentiles are grafted into that inheritance as individuals, not nations

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Update and Commentary

Prophetic America Can Choose

to be Blessed Or Cursed -

By Bill Wilson, KIN Senior Analyst

WASH

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Our country is being Judged by God!

As long as we Christians remain Luke Warm God will Spew us out of his mouth. What will it take for us to rise to the occasion? If we turn our back on Israel it will only get worse! :emot-hug:

According to the Bible, it's going to get worse, anyway. I'm not a defeatest, but Revelation makes it very clear that the moral climate of the world will continue its downhill slide until the Lord returns and sets things right. That's not to say we shouldn't pray for our country and its leaders, but I think the "glory days" are long past, and the best we can hope for are leaders who will foster an atmosphere of peace so that the Gospel may be preached relatively unhindered.

Guest Rapturebound

(Psalms 33:12) Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Our nation is not forsaken. We are the largest contributor to the spreading of the Gospel. Indeed, this nation is going down the wrong road and will suffer some consequences for it. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you look up. It is our duty to pray for this nation and its leaders. It is our duty to vote and elect Godly men and women into positions of authority at our local, state, and federal levels, in our government, judicial, and law enforcement branches. We need to be standing up for our Constitution and the sanctity of marriage. The Body needs to make itself visible and not just make Christianity a go to church on Sunday thing. This is a lifestyle. We need to be passionate about this. We need to be willing to change a society and take back what is ours. We need to pray and thank God for raising up men and women to be seated in these positions. It is never to late for anything. With God all things are possible.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

These are days of great prophetic significance. The prophecies contain both blessing land judgments and while people cannot stop the march of prophecy, they may determine their place in it. It is time to stand firm in the Lord.

Amen and amen!! :emot-heartbeat:

Amen... America will remain standing and when we get to a place I do not know who will have rule but I know who Rules Me and the rest of the Christians' hearts, Jesus !,and we will reign with Him as well. halleluja

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

The idea that America is being judged by God and is "coming up short" and paying for the fact just doesn't make sense to me. I just cannot accept it.

There are so many countries that embrace far more evil ideas than America ever has, so where is their judgement?

The Netherlands, for instance, has enacted some of the most anti-God laws there could be and are not facing natural disasters or fires. People balk at legislation that is threatened in America, about promoting "gay rights" and promoting abortion and taking God out of everything. This sort of legislation is often defeated anyway eventually and usually only applies to a few of the American states as well. But in the Netherlands they have legalised "euthanasia", ID cards are demanded all the time, legalised drugs that in America are not legal, they have widespread and overt depravity almost everywhere. Yet where are their raging fires, floods or tornados?

Compared to most EU countries it seems that America is a "Pollyanna".

I was just reading about the history of fires and it seemed that hundreds of years ago in Australia (before it was colonised) fires raged in the Australian bush for months at time, but the land soon recovered and regenerated itself. Acccording to the book it is man who has messed this up by trying to put the fires out.

As for the fires in Southern California. Don't they have these massive fires every year? Watching the news on TV about it, one guy was saying "this is the third time my house has been destroyed by fire" and I thought "and you keep re-building it!". I am not trying to detract from the tragedy that these fires have caused but it seems that it is another case of man messing things up.

The idea that America is being judged by God and is "coming up short" and paying for the fact just doesn't make sense to me. I just cannot accept it.

There are so many countries that embrace far more evil ideas than America ever has, so where is their judgement?

The Netherlands, for instance, has enacted some of the most anti-God laws there could be and are not facing natural disasters or fires. People balk at legislation that is threatened in America, about promoting "gay rights" and promoting abortion and taking God out of everything. This sort of legislation is often defeated anyway eventually and usually only applies to a few of the American states as well. But in the Netherlands they have legalised "euthanasia", ID cards are demanded all the time, legalised drugs that in America are not legal, they have widespread and overt depravity almost everywhere. Yet where are their raging fires, floods or tornados?

I was just reading about the history of fires and it seemed that hundreds of years ago in Australia (before it was colonised) fires raged in the Australian bush for months at time, but the land soon recovered and regenerated itself. Acccording to the book it is man who has messed this up by trying to put the fires out.

As for the fires in Southern California. Don't they have these massive fires every year? Watching the news on TV about it, one guy was saying "this is the third time my house has been destroyed by fire" and I thought "and you keep re-building it!". I am not trying to detract from the tragedy that these fires have caused but it seems that it is another case of man messing things up.

Thanks for that. We Americans are so ego-centric,aren't we? Nobody is ever as good or as wicked as we are. :mgfrog:

As for your observations on the wildfires in southern CA, that is a semi arid climate, right on the edge of the desert, and it's been built up like crazy over the past few years. Of course they have cyclical wildfires every year. And until recently, those fires were out in the desert, away from the subdivisions. However, the environmentalists insisted that the brush not be cut down, so now you have the desert climate, lots of houses in the area, and brush that should have been brushed out to prevent the wildfires. There's no Divine judgment there, only stupidity. I submit that anybody who sees G-d's Hand of judgment in southern CA is just plain superstitous.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

but I do know that based on Old Testament scripture, God does use this type of thing to get our attention, and I have seen nothing in the New Testament writings that state God would not continue to do so between the cross and the great tribulation.

That's true Butero, but don't you know. That was His discipline for the Jews, *(WE) on the otherhand are more favored and differ from the Jews, because we are so much better! It was just those Jews who deserved discipline for their turning away from Him.

*begin sarcasm

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Thanks for that. We Americans are so ego-centric,aren't we? Nobody is ever as good or as wicked as we are. :thumbsup:

As for your observations on the wildfires in southern CA, that is a semi arid climate, right on the edge of the desert, and it's been built up like crazy over the past few years. Of course they have cyclical wildfires every year. And until recently, those fires were out in the desert, away from the subdivisions. However, the environmentalists insisted that the brush not be cut down, so now you have the desert climate, lots of houses in the area, and brush that should have been brushed out to prevent the wildfires. There's no Divine judgment there, only stupidity. I submit that anybody who sees G-d's Hand of judgment in southern CA is just plain superstitous.

The latest I have heard on this is that arsen was the cause of the fires. A person who believes this is judgment would say that God had a hand in the person setting the fire, and that he increased the wind to help spread it. I am not sure where I stand on the various dissasters that have occured lately in America, whether they are natural occurances or judgements, but I do know that based on Old Testament scripture, God does use this type of thing to get our attention, and I have seen nothing in the New Testament writings that state God would not continue to do so between the cross and the great tribulation.

Well, in the OT you had the Lord warning His people in advance of impending judgments, whether earthquakes, locusts, the Philistines, etc. through His prophets. But Hebrews 1 tells us--

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son (Heb. 1:1, 2a).

Ephesians 2:19 says--

[G-d's household has been] built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

This indicates that those offices were foundational offices. Now, today, we don't have prophets like Isaiah or Elijah to warn of judgments, impending or otherwise. G-d has spoken in these last days through Jesus Christ. The age of the prophetic judgments has passed. The reason being is G-d's Word is now finished, having given man his final word through Christ. The overwhelming testimony of the NT directly or indirectly is that G-d's judgment upon the earth has been stayed until the time of the Tribulation.

If you take the time to read 2 Peter 3, this is what you would read--

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:7-9)

This would seem to indicate the G-d's wrath against sinful man (not just America) is being stored up because of His patience, allowing time for the last sinner to "enter the Ark of salvation." I know some of you want America to be judged so badly for some reason, but whatever you think you are seeing, it isn't G-d's direct judgment. Now, it is true that we could say that indirectly we have brought on certain bad things due to our sinful natures. Greed, for example, of wanting the perfect view of the ocean, so we heedlessly build our homes in the path of hurricanes. Or laziness for not brushing our property in the right way. When I lived in the desert, this was always a concern; it was something I had to do every year or two.

As the Lord is patient, so we also need to be patient. Our faith will be vindicated in time; we don't need to take Bible verses out of context or see judgments where none exist.