IGNORED

Do you believe that "some will burn in Hell for their sins?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Or do you believe that this warning from God was taken away with the New Testament of Christ, Or another belief?

People will burn in Hell for their rejection of Jesus Christ as Savior.

Whether one does or does not sin is completely irrelavent in deciding where they spend eternity. All have sinned. Assuming one was able to live perfectly, he still inherited sin's curse from Adam. One is a sinner at the moment of conception. How many or how few sins he commits in his life is irrelavent in determining where he spends eternity. Those who accept Jesus as savior spend eternity in New Jerusalem. Those who reject Him spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

If one does not repent of sins, they will burn in hell for them. But I don't believe it will be for eternity.

Can you show scriptural support for that Kat?

Or do you believe that this warning from God was taken away with the New Testament of Christ, Or another belief?

Whether one does or does not sin is completely irrelavent in deciding where they spend eternity. All have sinned. Assuming one was able to live perfectly, he still inherited sin's cure from Adam. One is a sinner at the moment of conception. How many or how few sins he commits in his life is irrelavent in determining where he spends eternity. Those who accept Jesus as savior spend eternity in New Jerusalem. Those who reject Him spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Live perfectly? Sin or not sin is completely irrelavent in deciding where they spen eternity? Isn't "I'm am the lord thy God, thy shalt not have any false gods before me," the first commandment from God? Even what the secular world believes is not sin, SIN!

No, I do not believe that some people will burn in hell for their sins, here's two short reasons why ...

Nobody burns anywhere for their sins, since we all commit sins everyday whether we know that we do or not. Griping and complaining are definitely sin, how many of us complain from day to day? Though we may feel we have the right to, doesn't mean we ought to. People don't spend eternity with god because they refuse to accept his free gift of salvation and accept him into their hearts as lord.

Lastly, hell and the Lake of Fire are two separate places. Hell and death and hades will be THROWN into the Lake of Fire, I thnk many people use the two places interchangeably ... when scripture definitely says they're different. Hell is a placeholding place of pure torment, the lake of fire is where the eternal burning that most of us speak of will take place.

Aren't there particular sins in the Bible that where God/Jesus specifically state that sinners will burn in Hell? Can you show scriptural support for your beliefs?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/20/1983

No, I do not believe that some people will burn in hell for their sins, here's two short reasons why ...

Nobody burns anywhere for their sins, since we all commit sins everyday whether we know that we do or not. Griping and complaining are definitely sin, how many of us complain from day to day? Though we may feel we have the right to, doesn't mean we ought to. People don't spend eternity with god because they refuse to accept his free gift of salvation and accept him into their hearts as lord.

Lastly, hell and the Lake of Fire are two separate places. Hell and death and hades will be THROWN into the Lake of Fire, I thnk many people use the two places interchangeably ... when scripture definitely says they're different. Hell is a placeholding place of pure torment, the lake of fire is where the eternal burning that most of us speak of will take place.

Aren't there particular sins in the Bible that where God/Jesus specifically state that sinners will burn in Hell? Can you show scriptural support for your beliefs?

No, there are not ... simply because that would mean he scales sin. I don't have any passages in front of me, but that would totally back pedal on his point when he said "sin is sin" and that concerns no matter what it is. Humans with our finite and naturally judgmental minds, we are the ones whom put a price so to speak on how much one sin is worth in comparison to another. Blasphemey, however you won't see heaven for ... but why is that? It's not because of the "sin" so much as it is denying the power of god, in essence, not accepting him into your heart. The Pharisees and Scribes were both religious cults whom were big on that.

They were not damned to punishment for leading people astray and being hyporcites, (though both are wrong) they were damned to eternal separation many of them, Nicodemus gets a free pass since he genuinely believed, because they did not accept Jesus as savior and the salvation he offered. Yet they claimed, that they were scholars and followed the law and god of Moses. They knew the law like the back of their hands, but they never got illumination or revelation knowledge about whom the Christ really was, or salvation for that matter.

Back to your point though, the sins you probably refer to are idolatry, homosexuality and blasphemy. All of which, if you closely examine their nature are rejection of god. All sin is a rejection of god or his way doing things. The first two are an abomination of god, because they're distinctly not natural ... doesn't mean they are any worse than other sins because they aren't, but they're a misrepresentation of both god, and his plans for the relationship between the two genders.

Romans: Chapter 3, Verses 21-25 (Check those out when you have time)

Romans: Chapter 2, verses 9-11

James: Chapter 2, verse 10

There you go.

Edited by Christ_Sheep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If one does not repent of sins, they will burn in hell for them. But I don't believe it will be for eternity.

Well, for one thing, Rev. 20.14 says the lake of fire is the second death, not being alive burning for eternity.

2 Peter 2.6 says (NIV) "if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly..."

Then Jude 7 says "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah...gave themselves up to sexual immorality...They serve as a example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Are Sodom and Gomorrah still burning?

There are many others, but I just moved and don't know where my concordance is.

There is another place that says there will be nothing left of them, they will be burned up. Another place says sin and sinners will be no more.

God is just, but not cruel. I would run, not walk from a god so cruel as to burn people for all eternity. He wants to eradicate sin from the universe, not have a corner of it be the horror of eternal burning. I couldn't enjoy heaven knowing there was such a corner, especially if I knew some of my loved ones were there. How could the tears be wiped from my eyes knowing this? If they were gone and not suffering any more, it would be different.

Whether one does or does not sin is completely irrelavent in deciding where they spend eternity. All have sinned. Assuming one was able to live perfectly, he still inherited sin's cure from Adam. One is a sinner at the moment of conception. How many or how few sins he commits in his life is irrelavent in determining where he spends eternity. Those who accept Jesus as savior spend eternity in New Jerusalem. Those who reject Him spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Live perfectly? Sin or not sin is completely irrelavent in deciding where they spen eternity? Isn't "I'm am the lord thy God, thy shalt not have any false gods before me," the first commandment from God? Even what the secular world believes is not sin, SIN!

It is impossible to live a life without sinning. The point I was making was that due to Adam's sin, man must have a Savior. It is not relavent how much a man has sinned or not sinned. All humans are born into sin.

Well, for one thing, Rev. 20.14 says the lake of fire is the second death, not being alive burning for eternity.

2 Peter 2.6 says (NIV) "if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly..."

Then Jude 7 says "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah...gave themselves up to sexual immorality...They serve as a example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

There is another place that says there will be nothing left of them, they will be burned up. Another place says sin and sinners will be no more.

God is just, but not cruel. I would run, not walk from a god so cruel as to burn people for all eternity. He wants to eradicate sin from the universe, not have a corner of it be the horror of eternal burning. I couldn't enjoy heaven knowing there was such a corner, especially if I knew some of my loved ones were there. How could the tears be wiped from my eyes knowing this? If they were gone and not suffering any more, it would be different.

Did you get this stuff out of the "WATCHTOWER" or the Bible?

The verses are way out of context.

This is line for line Jehovah's witness false doctrine.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

There is only one sin that it specifically says in the bible is unforgivable and that is Blasphemy against The Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Did you get this stuff out of the "WATCHTOWER" or the Bible?

The verses are way out of context.

This is line for line Jehovah's witness false doctrine.

Obviously I got them out of the Bible. Does yours say something different?