txpaleo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I got this idea from another message board. But if you could start a new church ministry and money/resources where not an issue, what would it be. This was my answer from the other board. Would like to see what the responses are here.

More Apologetics. The reason I say this is because as adults today we can't defend our faith. We live in a culture where the people want and need to see the proof. Christianity is viewed by the populace as a blind faith and its not. But our youth live in a me generation. The truth is not absolute but instead is different for each person. Listen to these stats based on church youth that have been brought up in the church with christian parents:

80% believe that God created the universe and 84% believe the God is personally involved in peoples lives, but despite this

63% believe that Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, Jews alll pay to the same God with different names

87% believe Jesus was a real person and 78% believe he was born to a virgin, but 46% of them believe he commited sins, and over 51% say he died but did not rise again.

48% believe that it doesn't matter what religious faith you are because thay all teach the sam truth

and 58% believe that all religious faiths teach equally valid truth.

They need to be convicted of the truth and we need to be ready with the proof. Give them tangible answers. Prove the validity of Christ. Be able to give them examples of the various prophecies written in the OT about Christ. Like Psalm 22 describing the crucifixition. Written 50-800 years before Rome even practicied that type of crucifixition. Don't believe it. It was first written in Hebrew and then translated to Greek. Well thay style of Greek at the latest was used roughly 250 years before Christ showed up on the scenes, so at bare minimum it was written 250 years before Christ.

See these are the types of answers and explanations we need to be giving to our youth, adults and even unbelievers. Then we can present them with the Gospel once they have been opened up to the hey What if factor.

Thats my two cents

-----------------

Steve Baird

www. bairdclan.com

"These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Son of God." John 20:31

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Those are scary stats.

I think all Christians should be able to defend their faith with knowledge. Wisdom is clearly something we are to seek and wisdom to defend our faith is all-important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

I don't believe enough is being preached about the CROSS.It seems churches today preach everything else but the BLOOD.I would start a church that was Blood-based and Cross led :(

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

"But if you could start a new church ministry and money/resources where not an issue, what would it be. "

What would a church ministry be???

If I could start any ministry I'd start a medical relief program in Africa. Both teaching them the love of Christ, as well as treating them for their illnesses.

I would also do an expressive worship team. (Like Transforming Grace) to inspire the children and young adults to worship the Lord in their own special way.

:oww: :( :il:

blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

if you could start a new church ministry and money/resources where not an issue, what would it be.

I would start a ministry to reach out to all the people in the world that where abused when they where children. There are a lot of broken souls out there.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Guest hummingbird

I think I would have to second Adstar's Ministry, with one addition: to include people who are at this very moment living in abusive situations with no place to turn, no means of financial support, to also include those who aren't well (healthy) enough to help themselves.

Guess we all have "dreams". What would we do, without dreams? :laugh::blink:

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

If I could start a new minstry hmm thats kinda hard. There is an old abandoned schoolhouse down the road that I think would make a great shelter for kids who are abandoned. Not an orphanage but a place where teens and younger children can come to that is safe from harm. I would like to have volunteers as helpers for homework issues, crafts, teaching about Christ etc. I would also like to have volunteer professionals like docotrs and dentists come to help with the care of these children. But most of all I would love to show them the Love and Compassion of Christ. And teach them that same compassion for their fellow men. This shelter would be available to those in need and for those who wish to serve the Lord.