• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Im confused. Please clarify.

You're saying we should not give a "hand out" to black and hispanic colleges?

Personally, I don't believe anyone should get a handout, except for what the Constitution allows, and I don't know what it allows.

Should we give subsidies to everyone who is going thru a down time in their occupation?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Im confused. Please clarify.

You're saying we should not give a "hand out" to black and hispanic colleges?

Personally, I don't believe anyone should get a handout, except for what the Constitution allows, and I don't know what it allows.

Should we give subsidies to everyone who is going thru a down time in their occupation?

No but i dont think that is what the proposal is about. Im not sure but i think its just grants to help students at black and hispanic colleges, i dont think its about job money.

What does the Constitution say about it? If it's cool with it, then cool.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Ron Paul is a revolutionary who will defend the constitution moreso than any other. We have more mercy on animals when they are suffering with terminal pain. People are treated less humanely with suffering they must go through.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

He should win but won't. This country wants Clinton.

What's wrong with Clinton?

A better question would be what's right with her?

She has a great platform on Stem Cell Research, she supports a women's right to choose BUT puts emphisis on rare occation abortions. She has a great plan to make adoption more affordable and an easier option for women. She supports teen abstainence and family planning.

She supports paying down national debt and cutting taxes within a balanced budget. She supports civil rights of homosexual partnerships, such as domestic partnership benefits. She supports tax cuts for student aid. She addresses the teacher shortage and supports salary increases for teachers.

She supports ending this ridiculous war in Iraq. She supports cutting fund for Iraqi use, but not for troops. Supports helping Israel in finding and securing peace.

Aside from her openess on abortion, i ask again, what's wrong with Clinton?

Now Ron Paul.....

Voted NO on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges.

Voted NO on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids.

Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide.

Im not trying to lobby for Clinton. It seems to me you made that statement without really knowing her stance on certain issues, or even most issues. I've seen way too many christians oppose Clinton because she's a democrat, because she's married to Bill Clinton, and because she's a woman. The decision for president of our country is too important to be left up to political affiliation. Don't vote Republican JUST because you're a republican. Vote Republican because you believe in a Republican Canidate's stance on issues. Know them inside and out. Know your opposition, know how the Democrats vote. Know what their stances are. Make an informed decision.

Stance and action are totally different. It's going to take a stronger leader than "her" to get this country back on track. It's going to take someone whio is .........possibly.........being led by God! She is not!

I have yet to see any of the current crop, on either side, doing anything more than paying lip service to the Lord; I guess then we have NO candidate that can put us back on the right road. :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I like Ron Paul, but I think he would make a terrible President. For example, he wants to do away with the Federal Reserve. Can you imagine what kind of shape we would be in in monetary policy was placed into the hands of congress?

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I like Ron Paul, but I think he would make a terrible President. For example, he wants to do away with the Federal Reserve. Can you imagine what kind of shape we would be in in monetary policy was placed into the hands of congress?

Agreed

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

She has a great platform on Stem Cell Research, she supports a women's right to choose BUT puts emphisis on rare occation abortions. She has a great plan to make adoption more affordable and an easier option for women. She supports teen abstainence and family planning.

Her basic stance is wrong... the rest is what we like to call pandering.

She supports civil rights of homosexual partnerships, such as domestic partnership benefits.

You're confusing the homosexual activist wishlist with civil rights.

She supports ending this ridiculous war in Iraq. She supports cutting fund for Iraqi use, but not for troops. Supports helping Israel in finding and securing peace.

How do you cut funds for Iraq without cutting funds for the troops in Iraq? Where do you think the money's going? Ice cream sandwiches?

I ask again: what's RIGHT with her?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I think Ron Paul makes a lot of sense, most of the time. The problem is, he's unstable, or seems to be. Every now and then he breaks out the wacky conspiracy theories, which doesn't bode well for his overall mental health. Mostly I like him though... it's his blog-troll followers throughout the web that I have a real problem with (not the OP, by the way... I'm referring to specifics).

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

He should win but won't. This country wants Clinton.

What's wrong with Clinton?

A better question would be what's right with her?

She supports paying down national debt and cutting taxes within a balanced budget. She supports civil rights of homosexual partnerships, such as domestic partnership benefits. She supports tax cuts for student aid. She addresses the teacher shortage and supports salary increases for teachers.

Now Ron Paul.....

Voted NO on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges.

Voted NO on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids.

Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide.

Im not trying to lobby for Clinton. It seems to me you made that statement without really knowing her stance on certain issues, or even most issues. I've seen way too many christians oppose Clinton because she's a democrat, because she's married to Bill Clinton, and because she's a woman. The decision for president of our country is too important to be left up to political affiliation. Don't vote Republican JUST because you're a republican. Vote Republican because you believe in a Republican Canidate's stance on issues. Know them inside and out. Know your opposition, know how the Democrats vote. Know what their stances are. Make an informed decision.

Hate to rain on the campaign here but if you really check her out she gives great lip service but does not always do what she says she will do either. I would rather have someone else in the white house than her.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I don't think the war is about oil or WMD, I think is has more to do with George W Bush wanting to finnish the job his father started.

It was about revenge. If George kept the focus on catching Bin Laden he would have been a hero not the pupet he looks like he has become. I respect the Office of the President but please give us someone we can respect as a person too. A president should serve his country for the right reason not to line up his retirement account.