• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

The science has been there for decades.

And yet, in the 70's/early 80's they were telling people a new ice age was coming. :laugh:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, it's kinda hard to trust scientists who still can't figure out if an egg is good or bad for you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, in the 70's/early 80's they were telling people a new ice age was coming. :laugh:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, it's kinda hard to trust scientists who still can't figure out if an egg is good or bad for you.

Something to keep in mind:

One or two big, loud, obnoxious volcanoes going off would cool things off a bit. Seem like quite a few are "simmering" around the world of late. Probably not the best solution, but things tend to balance out over time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

the global warming concept is messed-up and we should leave it alone. if it causes some people to be better stewards of the earth, great. but i believe it will lead us into a huge mess.

it's odd that you brought the science of evolution into the discussion for the sake of comparison. i say this because i liken the two together every day. because of how global warming is being presented, we can easily look back now and see how that started.

this thing was quick, wasn't it? only a year or two ago, it was brought to our attention, and today it is being blamed for everything from animal extinction to toxic pollen to greater occurrences of asthma and allergies! the devil is getting better and better at sowing chaos.

maybe it's just me, but this idea took off scary quick and to me, that just raises a big red flag in my mind. something is not right!

The science has been there for decades. One of the biggest problems science has is communicating with the masses. The only time you hear about something scientific is when it is sensationalized by the media. Al Gore's movie is a prime example. while it gets the gist of it correctly, some data was misrepresented, and it was, after all, a scare tactic. Absolutely no way was that deserving of a Nobel prize either.

The media is picking up on what scientists have known for a long time now.

in case you missed one of the above posts, you said the science has been there for decades? the 70's were only 3 decades ago and that was when we were having the ice age scare! :laugh:

the wisdom of men is foolishness to God? you bet!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Oh... :P My husband just came in and pointed out to me that if Gore had indeed become the president we would not be having this global warming problem....

Man makes a good point... :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And yet, in the 70's/early 80's they were telling people a new ice age was coming. :emot-highfive:

and you are misrepresenting what was said and who said it. Some scientists were looking into a cooling trend that had been happening since the 40's and the media got ahold of it and sensationalized it (as a Global Cooling scare) before checking out the facts. In fact, Global Warming was the concern (even then) of environmental scientists (I have a video from NOVA made in 1974 about the concerns about Global Warming). The Ice Age stuff came from misrepresenting the incomplete findings (And from studies about potential effects of the hole in the Ozone Layer). Global Cooling was never a serious concern of anyone, especially after the early 70's when the cooling trend was shown to be reversed.

Now I'm seeing an increasing trend amongst Global Warming naysayers and detracters to attempt to make it look like Global Cooling was the big concern in the 70's (which it never was) and they love to use that to attempt to discredit the modern findings that do point to a serious problem. Whether man made, natural or a combination of both, it is a valid problem.

I would take this moment to post a scripture concerning an earlier scripture about God promising to never destroy the world again too.

Mark 13:19 - 20 (NASB) 19

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

The Earth has been A lot warmer than it is today, and these are in times when populations were fraction of what they are now and obviously no cars or factories pumping out tons of pollution. In UK during the middle ages we had malaria epidemics , now how come we had these epidemics when Malaria is only only associated with warmer countries? The Romans grew grapes up in Scotland, but yet in Southern UK we are hard pushed to grow a decent high quality crop of grapes as found in hotter countries.

AS for the cold and ice age stuff, well that again is a joke, In UK we have had many cold eras where the sea froze and ice fairs would be held on river Themes. This brings on nicely to ice caps. What happens to water when it freezes, It turns to ice and expands. Anyone doing science at school will learn how water expands when frozen. Anyone who has had thier pipes burst in winter will know this. Most of the polar Ice caps ice is under water, heard of tip of iceburg, well that is true, you may see a huge towering mound of ice about you, but that is a tiny fraction as to what is under the water. If all the ice caps melted we would see no real change in sea levels, if anything we would see the sea falling.

You can do this test yourself, simply put icecubes in some water see how they float, mark off the water level then wait for the ice to melt.

I believe that Global Warming is a lie manufactured by Satan to create fear and panic amongst the population of the World, Anyone coming with a workable answer to a perceived problem will be listened to and readily accepted. Global Warming is simply a tiny part in Satans grand scheme of things to bring in the single world government.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't think God put dinosaours here to die the way they did so we could discover crude oil then destroy our own planet.

Here is the BIG inconsistancy w/ global warming.

1st they said it was CARBON MONOXIDE coming from cars that caused global warming.

NOW they are saying it's CARBON DIOXIDE coming from our breath.

They want to TAX the air we breathe.

Check out most global warming "enthusiasts". They are all rich, and use more energy and resurces a month than the average human does a year or two.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The Earth has been A lot warmer than it is today, and these are in times when populations were fraction of what they are now and obviously no cars or factories pumping out tons of pollution. In UK during the middle ages we had malaria epidemics , now how come we had these epidemics when Malaria is only only associated with warmer countries? The Romans grew grapes up in Scotland, but yet in Southern UK we are hard pushed to grow a decent high quality crop of grapes as found in hotter countries.

AS for the cold and ice age stuff, well that again is a joke, In UK we have had many cold eras where the sea froze and ice fairs would be held on river Themes. This brings on nicely to ice caps. What happens to water when it freezes, It turns to ice and expands. Anyone doing science at school will learn how water expands when frozen. Anyone who has had thier pipes burst in winter will know this. Most of the polar Ice caps ice is under water, heard of tip of iceburg, well that is true, you may see a huge towering mound of ice about you, but that is a tiny fraction as to what is under the water. If all the ice caps melted we would see no real change in sea levels, if anything we would see the sea falling.

You can do this test yourself, simply put icecubes in some water see how they float, mark off the water level then wait for the ice to melt.

I believe that Global Warming is a lie manufactured by Satan to create fear and panic amongst the population of the World, Anyone coming with a workable answer to a perceived problem will be listened to and readily accepted. Global Warming is simply a tiny part in Satans grand scheme of things to bring in the single world government.

I tried using the expanding ice theory, it was largely ignored. People will get frantic about a theory, but ignore a statement of fact if it contradicts their ideology, such as ice caps melting and the oceans expanding. You are right, the sea levels would decrease, especially if the entire polar ice caps melted. But, if a large amount of them did melt, the cold water would effect the sea currents and cool the ocean climate, which would then refreeze the ice caps. Warmth is life. Cold is death. Nothing survives the cold, but people have been surviving high temperatures for millennia. Just imagine the hottest bath you took and lived through. Earth's average temperature, even in a worse case scenario of "global warming" would barely raise 2 degrees.

It's a scare tactic for grants, earth friendly products, it all has to do with money. There's billions to be made off of this and you can bet people are wanting to jump on that money making enterprise.

I can see how bread will cost a days salary with just some of the stuff the global warming profiteers are proposing. You'll be taxed for breathing, creating waste, using products that were created through energy consumption. I would imagine, that 80% of your income will go, in some form or another, to some carbon credit tax on whatever product you need to survive, including bread.

Why don't we all just plant 10 trees each and in 10 years we'll have over 50 billion more trees in the US, that should be sufficient enough to "reduce carbon emissions."

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

I don't think God put dinosaours here to die the way they did so we could discover crude oil then destroy our own planet.

Here is the BIG inconsistancy w/ global warming.

1st they said it was CARBON MONOXIDE coming from cars that caused global warming.

No, they never said that.

NOW they are saying it's CARBON DIOXIDE coming from our breath.

Nope, never said that either.

They want to TAX the air we breathe.

Nope, no one is saying that.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

The issue is not the Arctic ice over the arctic ocean, its the melting of glaciers on land.

Honestly, this is rather absurd. Do you honestly believe that a scientist is so stupid as to think that melting floating ice will raise sea levels? Honestly, do you believe they are that dim? Do you honestly think that you are going to come up with something that those that have hold doctorates in their fields of study and have spent their life studying climate are not going to come up with?

The level of arrogance among deniers is really nothing short of astounding. Would you tell a neurologist how to operate on your brain? Of course not, so why is it that the same people seem to think that something has occurred to them that did not occur to geo-physicists?