• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I don't know if this is normal or not.. but I don't feel possessed by the Holy Spirit anymore. I see Him guiding me in life and I am keenly listening to everything He says and what He guides me to do. But I don't FEEL possessed anymore. I'm not indwelt by HIM.. its really bothering me!

Is this normal? Do any of you have any advice or past experiances?

I'm asking this because I read Mathew 22 just a couple of minutes ago any my perspective was totally new this time since I now know the Bible alot better. I don't want to arrive at the wedding and be the man with no wedding clothes on who is cast out!

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

I remember Blien when I first took God seriously, meaning I too had been a christian from about 13 and without cultivating my faith or taking seriously what it meant; I was soon just another lost soul hoping that when the lights went out I'd be included in heaven. Then, like you in Jan 07, I really discovered god. Or I should say god introduced himself to me. For weeks and months I was passionately excited about my discovery that god was real. But eventually the passion faded and life just got back to being more like what it felt like before god kind of dropped in on me.

I think it's kind of like a testing Blien. He builds us up with a closeness and attention we become used to and think this is the way it's supposed to be all the time as a christian believer. Than he backs off abit to test, or excersise our faith a little. Like a dad pushing us on our new 2 wheeler bike. He's got us peddalling on this new thing. And then we discover he let go some ways back and we're running this thing called christianity on our own. Sure if we really need him he'll grab hold again and enourage us and strengthen us some but then he'll let go again.

He's always really there, endwelling in us. He said he would never leave or forsake us. But our growing up in our faith is his desire for us. As far as wearing the right clothes for the wedding. When I read that part of your post, the first thing that came to mind was that Jesus dresses us in pure white robes of righteousness.

Lord I pray you grab hold of Bliens cycle for a bit and let him hear some of your words of encouragement. Let him feel it and then release him with the confidenced of your being right there lord. thanks Jesus, your the best. amen

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I think it has been said on this forum hundreds - maybe even thousands - of times: Don't trust feelings. I know that you know this, but sometimes you just have to hear it again. I know that I go through ups and downs. Right now I am feeling very good about where I am with God and feel the Holy Spirit's presence. But, when I wake up in the morning that may all change.

Here is part of a commentary on the first verses in Matthew 22. It is by David Guzik and I found it on http://www.blueletterbible.com

Observations on this parable.

a. This is an accurate portrayal of God

Thanks Restisaweapon... I really felt like you understand my question and I am really so appreiciative of you sharing your experiances with me. Whenever this question always comes to my mind, I always hear a whisper saying, don't let all the things you are seeing happening get to you, God is always with you.. but I just needed to confirm. I needed to know what was happening.. So i really thank you for your writings and prayer. May God Bless you, I will pray for you tonight!

Thank you TrustingJesus, I really feel so Blessed to have people like you here who are helping me to grow up in Christ. I am really so thankful to the point of tears welling up sometimes! Sometimes I see what you guys and girls post here and I really feel like I have never known love until these days... And I mean it!

Well.. anyway, regarding Mathew 22, thats the same way I saw it when I read it today instead of the shallow understanding I had of it all these years. Jesus, the white robes to marry his bride also seen in revelations. I know not to trust my feelings, I catch my body making excuses sometimes for me to sin by causing false pains or annoying me with the need to do something... but I just needed confirmation that being not feeling the Holy Spirit's presence it doesn't mean that I'm falling out of line with God.

Thank you both again! :whistling:

I don't know if this is normal or not.. but I don't feel possessed by the Holy Spirit anymore. I see Him guiding me in life and I am keenly listening to everything He says and what He guides me to do. But I don't FEEL possessed anymore. I'm not indwelt by HIM.. its really bothering me!

Is this normal? Do any of you have any advice or past experiances?

One of the things in this thing we call the Christian walk is that feelings change. I've heard it said that one day you are on the mountain top, and the next down in the nasty, smelly swamp with the crocs. Our feelings change, often without our knowing why. It's normal. This is when our walks get challenging and we have to exercise our faith that God never changes and His Word is true. This is when you keep doing the things you know are right according to Scripture -- especially when you don't feel like it. God is still there, and He promised He would be with us always. Keep doing what the Lord wants, and the "feelings" will eventually start to line up, but it can take awhile.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Blien,

This is why we continually see the commands to "persevere, endure, don't give up", within Scriptures. God knows that there will be doubtful times, and that is why the encouragements are within His Own Word. So, just remember to continue in HIs Word, keep believing/being faithful and practicing His righteousness, and training/instructions in holiness. Don't give up, He knows that these times are difficult.

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

Rev. 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Blien, these feelings are normal for a believer. The problem is only if these feelings are coming from an ongoing practice of something that you need to stop doing. But, if you are just going thru a period of doubt for no reason, this is normal in the walk. It is a testing of your faith. Just keep His Word and believe HIM!!!

:laugh:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Wish I could add something that would help. but it has already been said. I agree ... we live by faith, not feelings.

OneLight