• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

I would like to know who people believe the armies of the Lord are. MHO I believe they are the church saints, the old testament saints and the tribulation saints that come back with our Lord. What do you guys think?

And if this is so, then how can we come back with the Lord, if we have to wait until His second coming?

It just doesn't add up to this Anglo-Saxon person.

If we are caught up at His second coming do we see Him coming on the clouds?

If we see Him coming on the clouds then who is His armies?

Because the word says the clothes that they wear are the righteousness of the saints.

So are these saints that return with Christ or just someone playing dressups?

Edited by Isa

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

angel armies !! :)

2 Corinthians 10:4

for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

angel armies !! :)

2 Corinthians 10:4

for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

Sorry that doesn't tell me they are angels that are returning with the Lord, we have an armor to help us fight this earthly body's war.

Ephesians 6:12-14

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Edited by Isa

on the angel armies:

Luke 2:12-14

And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.

on the angel armies:

Luke 2:12-14

And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Isa,

Matt.25:31-32and when the son of man shall come in His glory;and all the holy angels with Him,and then shall he sit upon His throne of Glory

And before Him shall be gathered all nations and He shall seperate them, one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from his goats......KJV

1Thess4:18.Because the Lord Himself, with a cry of command, and the voice of an archangel with the trumpet of God will descend from heaven etcetera.....No saints mentioned here.......only holy angels. The saints can't come with Him, because they are still asleep in Christ and will stay that way until they are resurrected and given their new bodies as in 1Cor.15:52.....well that's the way I read it. All saints living and dead from the OT and the NT will be raised together.

That is my eschalogical thoughts on the matter and I refuse to argue any further about rapture.

Isa,

Matt.25:31-32and when the son of man shall come in His glory;and all the holy angels with Him,and then shall he sit upon His throne of Glory

And before Him shall be gathered all nations and He shall seperate them, one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from his goats......KJV

1Thess4:18.Because the Lord Himself, with a cry of command, and the voice of an archangel with the trumpet of God will descend from heaven etcetera.....No saints mentioned here.......only holy angels. The saints can't come with Him, because they are still asleep in Christ and will stay that way until they are resurrected and given their new bodies as in 1Cor.15:52.....well that's the way I read it. All saints living and dead from the OT and the NT will be raised together.

That is my eschalogical thoughts on the matter and I refuse to argue any further about rapture.

Yes the angels come with the Lord and gather all His elect and all things that offend Him. But the armies that come with him do not fight it is the Lord Himself that destroys those who are wicked with the word that comes out of His mouth.

Matthew 24:31

And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 13:40-42

40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 19:14

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

Why are these armies of the Lord wearing fine linen, white and clean (as in no more sin) washed clean by the righteousness of Christ. Angels don't need their clothes cleaned for they are already Holy. Those who need their clothes cleaned are sinners and we are made clean in the blood of the Lord.

Revelation 19:13-14

13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

Once again why were these armies clothes clean, because they had been dipped in the blood of the Lamb, who now comes back as King of kings and Lord of lords.

I thought at one stage that the armies of the Lord included the old testament saints but I find that to be wrong because of what is said in Daniel 12:13 this tells us they won't rise until the end of the days, tribulation.

Daniel 12:13

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Isa,

armies don't necessarily have to be armed to the teeth, biblically speaking. When Peter chopped of the Roman guards's ear. Jesus told him to put his sword away that if wanted protection, He could ask the Father and He would send Himt twelve legions of angels.

So what is to stop the angels of heaven being called armies. :emot-questioned:

I mean to say that Michael is considerd a fighting angel....is he not.

Edited by eric

my understanding of your post, isa is that you think the saints will make up the armies of the Lord when he returns to do battle at the Last Day. i just cannot jive with us, God's saints, chopping up people and throwing them into the lake of fire. to me, it doesn't match up but 1 angel with a sickle? to me, a definite match!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

my understanding of your post, isa is that you think the saints will make up the armies of the Lord when he returns to do battle at the Last Day. i just cannot jive with us, God's saints, chopping up people and throwing them into the lake of fire. to me, it doesn't match up but 1 angel with a sickle? to me, a definite match!

I dont think we are killing any one,I think the fire does most of the work malachi 4:1 2nd thess 1:7-8.

As well as...'And the rest were killed with the sword that proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse.'Rev 19:21

As for the armies I have always thought they would be the saints and martyers, but I believe in pretrib rapture.