American DVDs

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I have found a wonderful Christian DVD on the internet, but if I buy it, will it play on my British DVD system? I remember that American videos could not be played on a British video player. Does this also apply to American DVDs??? :noidea::emot-hug: :emot-hug:

Quite simply I don't want to buy it and then I find that I can't play it!!! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Nope. You can't play it. The encoding is different.

Here's a useful link for you: http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Reviews+inde...nt-id-189.phtml

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

And I learn something new everyday. I had no clue there was a difference.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

You can hack around that on your DVD player if you want (computers I think may also play DVDs from multiple regions).

UK has region 2 or 4 players, right? US is 1. I had to deal with this a couple of years ago because I had a region 3 disc from Japan given to my for my birthday.

I'm pretty sure at this point you can just wikipedia DVD region stuff and it may tell you there how to reset your DVD player to accept discs from any region. Or if you have an old DVD player (like from the earliest days of DVDs), they weren't built to enforce regions back then, so it might work.

Thanks for the advice. All it means is that I'll just have to buy the CD (which I can play), rather than the DVD (which would give me the visual effects as well). It is not a big deal, but thanks for the time that you gave me.

God bless you :emot-highfive::laugh::emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Check with the store or person selling it. Some DVD's are multi-region encoded.. so there may be hope! :emot-highfive:

Thanks for the suggestion but as I would be buying it from the internet, it might be difficult to actually do anything other than place the order. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Thanks for the suggestion but as I would be buying it from the internet, it might be difficult to actually do anything other than place the order. :noidea:

Whoever you're ordering it from should have a contact email address or number and should be happy to answer questions.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to afal

my next door neighbour is on a sight that he has payed member ship and what he does is burn movies from america he pays $29.95 a month and it gives him a lot of choices but what he does he gets these that he burns from his computer dvd t r dvd recordable i do not know if you have this in your country but we have this in australia and i get this my self threw harvy norman they cost about $2 hear in australia and you can fit 5 movies on one recordable disk ask in your country if they have recordable dvds ask the people at a computer shop or retail out let they wil have these disks and ask them weather it wil suit your dvd player and only get dvd plus r and if you have a hard drive that can burn movies i would recommend doing it the way my next door neigbour is doing it he is about to set up a new hard drive for me wear i can do this on my own computer they wil tel you which ones are best for your brand of dvd player

as my next door neigbour is a star gate fan like me he has been burning al the new stargate epesodes so what ever he records he makes a copy for me at no cost we have a real good friendship i have 300 plus a lot of other movies so when ethan comes over he has something to watch plus i can also watch these from my compter as wel its legal and you wil not get into trouble but they do ask for your credit card details as this is how this group works

you can also share movies that others have burned once your acount has set up just do a google on line and type in down loadable movies you wil get in the sight and the sight wil have a big list you can also burn christian stuff as wel as christian music

i have an lg dvd player that plays australian dvds but i can play stuff from your country and al over the world as well on my dvd by doing it with the dvd recordable disks that my self and my neighbour buy you can also get 25 or 50 in a pack but they cost we get 7 for $2 australian dollars and as i said my neighbour can put 5 full movies on one disk

hope this wil help you

from your brother in the lord damien stipic

Thank you for the advice. However, I have decided that the CD version will be sufficient and I am happy with that. :laugh:

Thanks for all of the help and advice! :taped: