IGNORED

Bush vs Kerry

Guest mcm42

Guest LadyC

andrew, you're a bit too young to understand the factors of economic growth, so i'm going to let that comment about needing big government to stimulate the economy slide. i will give you a brief tutorial about it though.

historically in our country, every economic recession has recovered through tax CUTS, not increases. we are in that recovery as we speak. not everybody is seeing it yet, but the economic indicators that have always preceeded a recovery are fully in place, and we are moving forward. tax hikes would guarantee our economic growth would be stunted.

kerry likes to claim he isn't against cutting taxes, he just wants to take away the tax cuts of the rich. now, i'm not rich, but i'm also not stupid. it's the rich people in this country that are largely responsible for the state of our economy. when they're being overtaxed, they quit spending their money as freely. they start looking for every legal tax break they can find, instead of pouring their money back into the economy. the biggest impact they have is they start laying employees off and stop hiring, or at the very least, they quit giving raises. which has a tremendous impact on the middle and lower classes who depend so heavily upon them. unemployment rates go up, not down.

why is it that the top 5% of income earners in this country pay something like 60% of all the taxes paid? now look at that upside down for a minute... that means that the government is actually only getting 40% of the taxes from the other 95% of us. is it fair to increase the taxes on the rich when they're paying not only their fair share, but also carrying the burden of most of OUR fair share? bottom line is, the taxation level of the middle and lower class, whether cut or increased, has very little affect on the overall tax revenue. cut MY taxes and i might have an additional hundred dollars a month to put back into the economy. wow. but cut a rich man's taxes, and i may be out of a job, and then instead of pouring my measly $25 a week back into the economy, i'll become a burden on society.

when the rich in this country are less stingy with their spending, the whole country benefits. more people have that extra $25 a week to spend. when it's poured back into the economy, less income tax is needed, because other taxes are being paid. you buy groceries, you pay sales tax... that helps the city's economy which means the city needs less from the state. you buy a house, you pay state taxes, which means the state needs less from the federal government.

you can't give tax cuts to someone with no income (which has been suggested in the last few years from the democrats). the only way to do that is to GIVE those with no income money to begin with. that comes out of everyone else's pockets. that hurts the economy, it doesn't help it. it does little good, from a federal taxation perspective, to cut the taxes of the middle class. it may ensure we pay our bills a little better, but it doesn't us enough to enjoy spending, which would help the economy.

the only real way to ensure that the economy is quickly stimulated is by ensuring that the rich people have more money to spend... which means quit taking it away from them.

ironically, those politicians that want to raise the taxes of the rich are totally unaffected on a personal level. rich politicians have their bets hedged... raising taxes on the non-political upper class citizens isn't going to even take a nibble out of their own politically lined pockets.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC
Get out a Strong's concordance look up "judge, judgeth" and you will be amazed at how you, as a believer, have a "right" to believe and declare what is fit and unfit, what is moral and immoral.

WIP, we not only have the "right", as you pointed out, we have the "responsibility".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Wow

Hi LadyC,

I dont know what office you are running for, but ya got my vote! Very informative post there sister. I myself got educated there.

Guest LadyC
Wow

Hi LadyC,

I dont know what office you are running for, but ya got my vote! Very informative post there sister. I myself got educated there.

amazing what i can remember from my high school economics class 20+ years ago!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's funny - when tax cuts are given, the liberals and the media point to how much tax cuts the rich are getting.

But if you figure, for instance - if everyone got a 5% tax cut, of course the rich would have more $! 5% of $100,000 is a lot more than 5% of $1000!

We need to see these kinds of perspectives in the news more often.

Guest LadyC
It's funny - when tax cuts are given, the liberals and the media point to how much tax cuts the rich are getting.

But if you figure, for instance - if everyone got a 5% tax cut, of course the rich would have more $!  5% of $100,000 is a lot more than 5% of $1000!

We need to see these kinds of perspectives in the news more often.

you're right, of course their 5% equals a heck of a lot more than we can even fathom earning in a lifetime, much less compared to our 5%.

i'm not sure from your comment if you're agreeing with me or not LOL, but the way i see it, tax cuts should be across the board.

but the thing you have to keep in mind is, the higher your income, the higher your tax bracket is. if your income requires you to pay 12% in taxes, that doesn't mean the rich are paying 12%... they're likely paying 30% out of their paychecks.

personally i'm all in favor of a FLAT TAX system.

Guest mcm42

Since we're talking about the tree legged purple flamingo I'll just add they are great for bar-b-cue!

:P uh.... :P Wrong board

Guest Sportster

Andrew,you've bought the lie,my friend. Example: when Clinton was reelected,the unemployment rate was 5.5%....right now,it is 5.6%. But the liberal media won't TELL you that,now WILL they? They'll just say 'we don't have jobs!'. Which is a lie. The unemployment is no worse or better than it has been for YEARS,yet to nail Bush for this 'seemingly terrible' thing,they'll talk like it's new and worse than ever! Better be truly informed,because you ain't gonna hear the truth from the liberal media,friend! Mr Bush took us through 9/11,a completely and utterly terrible ordeal which to this day SHOULD be still decimating our economy...but ISN'T...AND a war with Iraq! And we are STILL striving ahead economically! That is TRULY amazing!!! Our stock market is soaring,our economy is moving ahead....but you don't hear THAT in the liberal media,do ya Andy. We need to use true discernment and DON'T take what you hear to heart as truth.....!!!!

Guest mjohn

Today...I heard Pres. Bush...speak to the troops at Fort Cambell KY

It is encouraging to see them get the respect they deserve...

Now, I here Bin Laden's right hand man is surrounded...Thank God...

Father help the soldiers seeking Al Queda members...You know what it will take to flush them out and prepare the USA to receive a Victory Message...

Father forgive us for not seeking You earlier....and have mercy on the USA...

God we were founded on Godly Principles...God turn us back to these principles...

Lord we will seek You and Find You...and Thanks and Praise for Healing our Nation...God now I ask you to reveal to Your People...what we need to do next...

God we need a New Vision...Renewed guidance from Pres. Bush...

God Grant George W. Bush wisdom to lead...and God Honor his Orders...

We submit to His Leadership...and God Don't stop protection us...

At home and abroad...Father keep Your hand on Our Military men and women...

God I expect great things to come from this War...

Feed Your Sheep God...We Need YOU...The Great One...Almighty...