Guest mcm42

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I was just trying to make a point... there are Christians that are liberal and vote democratic, that DOES NOT mean they don't have a personal relationship with Christ. You can believe that the things are wrong - but are you voting to make your opinion on the issue and whether or not its something you believe in - or are you voting to do whats right. I might not agree with abortion - but I think there are special cases where women should have that choice. Speaking politically.. gay marriages are not unconstitutional - so it becomes a matter of do you agree with it or not. So politically I think they should be able to do what they want, etc. But because I have the love of God in my heart, my heart cries out against these things. So that doesn't necessarily mean I don't have a relationship with Christ because I vote deomcratically.

Disclaimer: I'm about as republican as they come. But I'm just not as close minded as some of you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

River here on this board is Democratic. He loves God and I believe he has an awesome personal relationship with Christ based on what I see on the boards.

And again... I didn't see in any of those verses when you can judge people. It's GODS job to look at the persons heart. Not yours!

Guest mcm42

:rolleyes:

While Kerry and his wife's homes in the United States are worth at least $23,733,705, it is not clear if the candidate owns property overseas.

All I have to say is that this is staggering to me!

I often wonder what this kind of money would do for world missions... Maybe I'll make this sort of money someday and be able to contribute it to something more than realestate! :oww:

With this money alone Kerry could support close to 800 families at 30,000 a year!

Also, since he pays close to 30,000 a year in property tax he would be able to support himself as well!!!

Uggghhhh this kind of money disturbs me greatly when I think of all it could be used for. :o

Guest mjohn

I am of the persuation...that George W. Bush...

Is the man God has raised up as our leader...Therefore I respect the man and pray for him and his family...and Believe God is using Pres. Bush at this time when our nation is undergoing Revival

And, God continues to protect our country...

And has brought a great healing to our land since 9-11-2001..

This place is not perfect and as an old soldier...I continue to be proud to call myself and American...

I am not an American fat cat...and do not waste money...

election money or whatever...I had to see USA touists when I travel as a medical missionary...for often time people think all Americans are like Pres. Clinton...

And, Then I must set them straight...

Well I am rambling...MOre another time...MJohn :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Nebula you post brings to light a very good point. But don't hope too much that you will change the people who hate Bush and blame him for everything. They are fixiated on the fact it happened on his watch (presidency) and they need a scapegoat to point to. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Andrew,

I'm going to vote Democratic just to spite you. The way people vote goes beyond the issues. Democrats get in there, and are very involved... they believe in "BIG GOVERNMENT" like you said which is needed right now to help the economy. Sometimes you take the bad with the good.

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

By all means vote your conscience, for it is God's gift to you to direct you to do what is right and to do it for the Glory of God.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Ok, I'll confess, I voted for Al Gore (the father of the internet, yeah right!). I was confused. I must of had one of those Florida ballots or something. :laugh:

I've always considered myself an independent voter (niether conservative nor liberal), but I must say the more God speaks to my heart, the more my moral stance matches up with what the conservatives say they stand for.

10 years ago, "right wing" and "conservative" were curse words to me. I was like "oh, you're one of THOSE!" Now I can look at myself in the mirror and say that to myself. :rofl: OH NO! I've become one of THEM! :rofl:

Guess I know who I'll end up voting for.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hey, thanks LadyC,

That was good of you to post that.

Basically I see the Democrats as "liberal" in their world view as opposed to Republications who generally are "conservative".

If we want to see the homosexual agenda move ahead, then we would vote Democratic. Same with abortion. Same with euthenasia of the elderly. Same with "big government". Same with secularizing the entire school system. Same with removing the Ten Commandments from Court houses. Same with doing away with "In God We Trust" as our American motto.

So if anybody has any doubts as to where I stand, please ask me. Anyone who supports these things, I do not believe has a personal relationship with Christ.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I'm going to vote Democratic just to spite you. The way people vote goes beyond the issues. Democrats get in there, and are very involved... they believe in "BIG GOVERNMENT" like you said which is needed right now to help the economy. Sometimes you take the bad with the good.

I guess you're not unemployeed like over 200,000 Americans are right now.

Hi Andrew,

I used to blame the unemployment issue on Bush as well, until I looked around and realized this is a world problem.

I believe a lot of what we are experiencing as far as jobs, can actually be blamed on the Clinton administration and all that he did for China.

I have to admit, that I voted Clinton, but it seems every time a democrat is in they sell us out one way or another. Clinton also almost sold our soveriegnty as well.

I agree you should vote with your heart, but never to "spite someone" and you should look at all the issues, before giving your hearts choice.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Andrew, you have bought into the "judge not" myth. A large vocal segment of society, usually people who don't even have a clue what the Bible says and never opened one, have taken ONE verse and have changed it's definition. The verse isn't even speaking of what they want it to mean - it is speaking of judging one's salvation - yet they have grabbed it and now self righteously proclaim that "no one is to judge another". Please. As a Christian, you shouldn't buy into that.

You said you haven't seen the verses on judging? Just recently someone posted 1Cor2:15 - "He that is spiritual judges all things". (Notice is doesn't say "he who is PERFECT", just he that is spiritual). Get out a Strong's concordance look up "judge, judgeth" and you will be amazed at how you, as a believer, have a "right" to believe and declare what is fit and unfit, what is moral and immoral.

After that, get yourself a copy of the "statement of principals of the Democratic Party". After you read it, and what the Party stands for, then tell me if you think a true believer can support it.

You think "big government" is a good thing\? Yikes. Big Government is not only a bad thing, but it is exactly what the founding fathers spoke against and did NOT want for their new country.

Hey, you're young yet. :P:P