I'm dreaming of a green...Hanukkah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Geeze you guys. It's a funny story... C'mon, it's the season of goodwill. :)

I agree sister and that is my point. :emot-hug: This heavy handed ideology on both sides is destroying the Country it creates hatred and division. Time to find what we do have in common based on fact istead of conjecture and extend a hand to the other side. :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

It's funny they have no problem whatsoever with China or even Marxist regimes polluting. :emot-hug:

It's always Democracy's.

Peace,

Dave

Really?

On the Natural Resources Defense Council's website there is no less than 1450 articles on China.

http://search.nrdc.org/search?entqr=0&...ion&q=china

On Environmental Defense's website there are 313 articles on China.

http://www.environmentaldefense.org/page.c...&tagID=8081

On the Sierra Club's website there are 594 articles on China.

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=china...;sp-t=site_wide

Greenpeace has an organization in China.

http://www.greenpeace.org/china/en/

The fact is, to put it bluntly I don't think you guys don't know anything about the environmental movement. The only thing you guys know about it is how the cons on the right, guys like Limbaugh and Coulter, have characterized it. Of course, they don't know anything about it either. I think if you looked at the positions of mainstream environmental organizations like the NRDC, Environmental Defense, and The Nature Conservancy, you would find that their positions are pretty mainstream.

Yes, I know, mind numbed robots and such. :)

Now who is being high minded? :thumbsup:

Brother you really give us no credit for critical thinking skills.

Yes, I am a conservative. This does not mean that I think we should feed dog food to the elderly and indigent, destroy our natural resources, or mistreat animals, etcc... adnauseum........................................................

I am a conservative exactly because of critical thinking skills. I am for reasonable and sound public policy, not based on emotion or conjecture, just like our forefathers.

Does that mean I side with every conservative thought or opinion? Nope.

I think you are missing my point. I am sure you do care about our natural resources and so on. That's my point, truth be known, if you looked at the positions of mainstream environmental / conservation organizations, you probably would find that you agreed with most of them.

Give us some credit brother and stop trying to divide and conquer based on ideology, it's ruining the country and the fact that you see all conservative Evangelical Christians as "some hillbilly" because they don't agree with everything you say is a little bit impolite, to say the least.

I did not imply that evangelical Christians are "hillbillies". I meant that churchs don't routinely see the need to speak out just because a few idiots do something ridiculous. For example, every time some mountain people in their congregation of 10 go to taking up serpents, major churches don't feel the need to issue a statement.

I wonder how much atmospheric destruction was caused by the unscheduled wild fires in California this year.......Sheeeesh, lite the candles....nothing bad followed Hanukkah last year

This reminded me of an extremely stupid news story during the fires this year. They ran a story of people whining about the poor air quality due to all the smoke from the fires. Gee, a good chunk of the area was going up like a torch -- but some idiots who were seeing their friends homes burn to the ground are complaining about the air pollution! :emot-hug:

Geeze you guys. It's a funny story... C'mon, it's the season of goodwill. :)

I agree sister and that is my point. :emot-hug: This heavy handed ideology on both sides is destroying the Country it creates hatred and division. Time to find what we do have in common based on fact istead of conjecture and extend a hand to the other side. :thumbsup:

Well said to both of you! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Does the Southern Baptist Convention need to issue an official statement every time some hillbilly spouts off something ignorant?

Um...I'm both a Hillbilly (redneck branch) and a former Baptist. This didn't need to be said.

KIDDING!!!!

Anita

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hmmm . . . if candles are bad for the environment -

What are campfires? :33::laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What are campfires? :33::laugh:

And what about forest fires?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I just like the part that says don't light the candle...so we won't be in need of another miracle.

That made me chuckle a little.

:laugh: <---that's me emitting a little chuckle. I'm hoping that's not bad for the environment.

I heard on the radio this morning that our winter here in the south is supposed to be a few degrees warmer than usual, which is supposed to be related to global warming. Ah well...we haven't had snow in the past 4 years, I suppose another year won't kill us.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Does the Southern Baptist Convention need to issue an official statement every time some hillbilly spouts off something ignorant?

Um...I'm both a Hillbilly (redneck branch) and a former Baptist. This didn't need to be said.

KIDDING!!!!

Anita

Well as someone born and raised in Arkansas , I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. My wife says that my accent is so strong that I sound like one.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What are campfires? :laugh::emot-hug:

And what about forest fires?

Ah - but starting forest fires is illegal.

What I mean to imply is when are the environmentalists going to demand an end to campfires?

But wait a minute . . . do not many environmentalists like to camp? Would they sacrifice their camfires for the environment? :laugh: