• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I remember when I first came here I got a pretty good welcome, however I did'nt (and still don't) feel I comtributed a lot to the boards due to me just being naturally very shy and not really knowing that much about theolegy but I still love it here because some of the people are brilliant. However I would not like to to be a Librial here they get an extreemley hard time here which sometimes meks me uncomfortable even though I disagree with the vast majority of there views.

Shhhhh....Be vewwwy vewwwy quiet...I'm hunting wibberals! :24:

I'm not sure if we've ever talked, but :24: Ricky! :24:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I also have seen and felt the same. We can also go one step further and question the tone of posts lately. I have noticed that "we" get angry quickly. Even those who I have noticed as humble have barked louder then usual, but then again, I have only been here a couple of months and I may not know them well enough to make this comment.

I've always noticed that when God is about to move, Satan gets there first and tries to stop whatever he thinks God is about to do. This seems to be the case here on Worthy. There have been a lot of anger in threads, where I admit to being part of. This not my usual personality. I can feel "something in the air" but can't put my finger on it. Is it pride? Is it fear? What ever it is, it is not of God.

Lets all pray about our attitudes and walk with God,

OneLight

I can feel "something in the air" but can't put my finger on it. Is it pride? Is it fear?

Holiday stress.

:24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I just finished reading an old post that really got me thinking. It was from a young lady who said she was having a really hard time "fitting in" around WB's. She said she felt like she didn't have anything to add, and when she did say something people often misunderstood or didn't take the time to figure out what she was trying to communicate.

I think this is probably a pretty common thing around here, even though I'm sure the majority of us don't mean to do it.

When I first started coming to WB's I would constantly get into "scraps" with people, not because I was so off-base with my ideas, but because people didn't know me or what type of person I was. After about six months, I had an entourage of people who knew who I was and what I stood for- so being a part of a conversation wasn't as difficult because I was less likely to be misunderstood.

It does also seem as if WB members are quick to discount new members ideas and comments...and I am not really sure why this is.

I really hope it's not because we have become a forum of "cliques"...although sometimes I think that might be true. The longer you are here, the more people you get to know, and the more "supporters" you gain. In saying that, I think that over time you have a group of people that you become a part of, and you follow them around to a certain extent. And since you like each other, you support one another in arguments, ideas, comments, etc. This is especially evident during heated arguments. There is always a person that argues for their friend, even if they weren't a part of the argument to begin with.

I think that relating to and feeling strengthened by those who support you is human nature. Where questions arise, as you say, is when the obvious relationships and strengths of others who have been together for some time become barriers to newcomers, perhaps even persuading them to drop out.

If that happens it would be a pity but probably inevitable, particularly with less confident or shy people.

I am neither of those, but even then, as a relative newbie, I find it necessary to tread very carefully so as not to become involved in some of the very heated debates, or targeted as a supporter of this or the other doctrine.

But I am pleased you re-introduced the subject, which is very much part of my thinking at the moment.

I can feel "something in the air" but can't put my finger on it. Is it pride? Is it fear?

Holiday stress.

:24:

I sure wish it were that easy. :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well I've been here for awhile, at first I just lurked, then I threw out a few post, then I got alittle adventuresome and jumped in. I think we have such a wide range of people here that its hard for there not to be clashes. They range from the "know it alls" to the "just wanna have fun" and everything in between. You also have the bad days, when it would have been better for you to have kept your mouth shut...........and you don't.

I've finally just put the "know it all's" on ignore, which is kinda sad, cause now even if they do have something of interest to impart, I don't see it. I've also started to stay away from the threads they inhabit. I really love someone sharing their knowledge, but its the "I'm right and everybody else is wrong and if you don't agree with me then you don't love God and obey scripture" that turn me off. And that group usually seems to be the most vocal, luckily there aren't but a handful of those here, but they sure do a lot of damage.

You also have the bad days, when it would have been better for you to have kept your mouth shut...........and you don't.

Hey! I do that EVERY day :24:

I've finally just put the "know it all's" on ignore, which is kinda sad, cause now even if they do have something of interest to impart, I don't see it.

That is why I have decided not to ignore anyone. If they are right, then I feel they need to be told so, as well as when they are wrong. Yet, the Bible is not full of absolutes, right/wrong thinking. It is these areas where interpretation comes into play were we find debates.

Yes, debates ... maybe the mods could step in and suggest to those who are heavily debating in threads to use the Soap Box and allow the thread to go on in a smoother manner. Just a thought.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I've finally just put the "know it all's" on ignore, which is kinda sad, cause now even if they do have something of interest to impart, I don't see it.

That is why I have decided not to ignore anyone. If they are right, then I feel they need to be told so, as well as when they are wrong. Yet, the Bible is not full of absolutes, right/wrong thinking. It is these areas where interpretation comes into play were we find debates.

Yes, debates ... maybe the mods could step in and suggest to those who are heavily debating in threads to use the Soap Box and allow the thread to go on in a smoother manner. Just a thought.

Which is fine, thats the way you decided to handle it and there is nothing wrong with that, but I find these people hurt my heart and make me angry..........so I stay away from them. If its something the Lord wants me to know, He will make sure I find out, and I don't have to deal with these types of people in the process. Besides, maybe if enough people would ignore them, after awhile they might stop and examine their own hearts to see what the problem is. The Bible even backs up the concept of shunning a contentious brother or sister..........at work, can't find the verse right now.

Which is fine, thats the way you decided to handle it and there is nothing wrong with that, but I find these people hurt my heart and make me angry..........so I stay away from them. If its something the Lord wants me to know, He will make sure I find out, and I don't have to deal with these types of people in the process. Besides, maybe if enough people would ignore them, after awhile they might stop and examine their own hearts to see what the problem is. The Bible even backs up the concept of shunning a contentious brother or sister..........at work, can't find the verse right now.

That may be true. If we ignore them, they may stop. Yet, if you post something that is correct and nobody posts after you, or your post is ignored because others are going in another direction, you would be left with the thought that people are ignoring you because you are wrong. This could be even more dangerous to someone. Not trying to say your idea does not work for you, but I am concerned on how others may take the silence.