IGNORED

Calvin vs. Arminius

Ovedya

What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?

• 100% Calvinist - TULIP all the way!
    • 60% Calvinist 40% Arminian - Parts of TULIP are too absolute.
    • 50% Calvinist 50% Arminian - Both positions have merit.
    • 60% Arminian 40% Calvinist - Parts of DAISY are too absolute.
    • 100% Arminian - DAISY all the way!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints, caution. Let us be cautious that is discussing God, we do not violate His precepts regarding how we are to treat oneanother

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

50% Calvinist 50% Arminian - Both positions have merit.

Redemption depends first and foremost upon God's mercy, and secondly on man's response. I believe God gives a measure of faith to all people, enabling all to believe. See the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30.

Edited by BeRent

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

Redemption depends first and foremost upon God's mercy, and secondly on man's response. I believe God gives a measure of faith to all people, enabling all to believe. See the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30.

How can man respond if he is dead, evil and GOD hating? :thumbsup: Unless of course GOD first initially works and quickens first his heart? :wub:

Burn

• Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

How can man respond if he is dead, evil and GOD hating? :) Unless of course GOD first initially works and quickens first his heart? :whistling:

Burn

As stated, God gives a measure of faith to all. Read the Parable of the Talents. :rolleyes:

The Holy Spirit convicts all of their sins. At this point, the choice is theirs to make.

Most people choose to bury the talent (ignoring the call), and thus won't come to Christ.

Edited by BeRent

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I have encountered many people who professed to hold the doctrice of calvinism. Upon examination of them, I have found that none were true calvinists. If you are truly a follower of Calvin, you would not even be on these boards. A follower of Pure Calvinism would never be posting on a Christian message board. If everything had been pre-determined, why would you even want to discuss or debate Christianity? A true follower of Calvin would not waste one key stroke debating the Word. To them, it does not matter. Everyone who will be saved, will be saved. Our actions are meaningless, and can change nothing. If one truly believes their actions can not change lives or win souls, Why are you one here posting? If you spend one second of your life evangelizing, you do not hold Calvinistic doctrine. You may claim you do, but you do not. If it was pre determined that someone will either go to heaven, or hell; why waste your time witnessing?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

How can man respond if he is dead, evil and GOD hating? :) Unless of course GOD first initially works and quickens first his heart? :)

Burn

As stated, God gives a measure of faith to all. Read the Parable of the Talents. :)

The Holy Spirit convicts all of their sins. At this point, the choice is theirs to make.

Most people choose to bury the talent (ignoring the call), and thus won't come to Christ.

I agree. You

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

I will simply post my view. God offers salvation to all, but not everybody accepts the gift.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I will simply post my view. God offers salvation to all, but not everybody accepts the gift.

Did God "offer" salvation to all of humanity in the first four thousand or so years before Christ's death and resurrection?

Did Jesus Himself teach outside of physical Israel?

If not, why not?

If so, how so?

[the point being, is that motive has to be assigned at some point and we don't have an evangelical record prior to the Great Commission - so what kind of "offer" did everyone else get?]

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

Did God "offer" salvation to all of humanity in the first four thousand or so years before Christ's death and resurrection?

Did Jesus Himself teach outside of physical Israel?

If not, why not?

If so, how so?

[the point being, is that motive has to be assigned at some point and we don't have an evangelical record prior to the Great Commission - so what kind of "offer" did everyone else get?]

I actually said nothing about the times before Jesus, however that salvation was not limited to the jews is evident in Gen 9 when He blesses Noah and his sons. He get hints in the book of Jonah of dubious historicity but powerful universalist message, for Jonah was asked to preach to those who were the Arch-Enemy of Israel (like preaching to the nazis or Al-qaeda). There is also the promise made to Abram/Abraham, which is renewed in David and proclaimed with unceasing faith by the prophets, of Israel as an instrument of salvation for all the peoples, not to mention the many foreigners who converted, and even in Romans where Paul teaches that the law was in the heart of the gentiles, so they are without excuse.

Jesus did teach outside Israel, see Luke 8:21-39

• Content Count:  68
  • Birthday:  09/07/1981

Is there a "Neither" choice?

:thumbsup:

Are you kidding me? NEITHER!!!!!!!!! You dont have to be Calvin or Armenius!!!!!!!!