numbers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

ok so in my lifetime (not long) 22years i have read and heard hundreds of scriptures and passages from the bible but there is only one that has ever kept creepin back in my mind...and more recently little things in my day to day life remind me of it the passage is numbers 22 :21

So Balaam got up in the morning and got his donkey ready, and went with the leaders of Moab. 22 But God was angry because he was going. The angel of the Lord stood in the way against him. Balaam was sitting on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way with his sword in his hand, the donkey turned off the road and went into the field. But Balaam hit the donkey to turn her on the road again. 24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path in the grape-field, with a wall on each side. 25 The donkey saw the angel of the Lord. So she pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balaam's foot against it, so he hit her again. 26 Then the angel of the Lord went farther. He stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn to the right or the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam. So Balaam was angry and hit the donkey with his stick. 28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you? Why have you hit me these three times?" 29 Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have made a fool of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now!" 30 The donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have traveled all your life to this day? Have I ever done this to you before?" And Balaam said, "No."

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way with his sword in his hand. And he bowed to the ground. 32 The angel of the Lord said to him, "Why have you hit your donkey these three times? See, I have come out against you, because your way was against me. 33 But the donkey saw me and turned from me these three times. If she had not turned from me, for sure I would have killed you, and let her live." 34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, "I have sinned. For I did not know that you were standing in the way against me. But now, if it does not please you, I will turn back." 35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, "Go with the men. But speak only what I tell you." So Balaam went with the leaders of Balak.

im scared that i am blind to what is in front of me! but im not in touch with god i cant cross a barrier with him for him to help me.. is this a message from god or am i lost completly?

i dont go to church i pray from time to time.im scared i will be left behind.

or maybe im frightened of what i may have to do ~to be close with god...

is there any advise from anyone at all?

confused!?!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

What is your daily routine?

how much time do you spend each and every day with the Lord?

what is your social life like? what words flow from your mouth? what food and drink do you place in your mouth? what type of entertainment do you partake in? (remember, entertainment is the devils cheap substitute for Gods wonderful JOY...)

what kind of jokes do you tell? what kind of jokes do you laugh at?

you do not need to answer these questions to me or anyone else, but you may wish to sit back and do a total inventory of your walk.......

some other questions you may wish to use.....

how do you Witness the Lord????

do you preach Christ Crucified Christ Risen?

do you say one thing and do another?????

when people are telling jokes that would not or do not glorify God, actually going against God, do you walk away, or listen in? or tell them they need to cut those type out????

what kind of pictures do you look at?

what kind of songs do you listen to?

there will be a lot of people that say that songs and pictures and things like that have no effect on them.... problem is, every thing we see, hear, taste, smell, feel, has an effect on us.... and causes us to think about them at a later time....

one person might say that seeing some one in a thong has no effect on them.... how can that be, if they are living for the Lord? no effect??? chances are they have grown numb to that sight, or they are not fessing up.....

with that story line you have given, the Lord may be trying to convey an issue to you, and that you may need to be spending more time with Him or at least following His directions....... I do not know you, or your life style, but we are in the time when the days are like those in the days of Noah...... this maybe a wake up call from God to you.... something to think about......

I too, do personal (physical, mental, and spiritual ) inventory of my life and where I am now......

one thing I do from time to time is look at where I am today.......

then

look at where I was 5 years ago......

and if I continue along the same path, where will i be 5 years from now.....

if I am in the same place i was 5 years ago, then I have done nothing with the talents God has given me...... thats right... NOTHING.......

if a person was doing anything with the talents God has given them, they will not be the same in 5 years.......

5 years ago, i was broke, now have 8 houses, three rented out, one is a prayer house, and three are being worked on for rentals/resale......

you may wish to look at what Balaam was doing when the Lord sent the angel to stand in his way..... he was not traveling down the correct path......

where are you heading....??????

blessings.....

mike

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Greetings canadasuzi,

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior?

OneLight

I am editing this post because it may sound to pointed and harsh. You said ...

im scared that i am blind to what is in front of me! but im not in touch with god i cant cross a barrier with him for him to help me.. is this a message from god or am i lost completly?

i dont go to church i pray from time to time.im scared i will be left behind.

or maybe im frightened of what i may have to do ~to be close with god...

It sounds like you have not yet accepted Jesus as your savior. The fear you feel is not from God. The Holy Spirit may be convicting you of your sin and Satan may be throwing it back in your face, but the conviction of sin brings guilt for repentance. If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, call upon His name for salvation and you will be saved. This very truthful verse, John 3:16, can mean the difference of being afraid and knowing you are saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Hi canadasuzi,

The story of Balaam and the donkey is such an interesting one. God used that donkey to get His message through to Balaam, and I think He might be using that same donkey to get through to you! Balaam was a prophet, but he didn't really give himself over to serving God. That is the same thing many of us do today. We know who God is, but we don't really want Him to interfer with our daily lives.

Today we have Jesus Christ as our Saviour and if we believe in Him we will be saved. But when one accepts this free gift of salvation there should be a change -- and change in attitude, in activities, in choices. Don't get me wrong, all of us are works in progress. The Holy Spirit is always helping us to change and to server our Lord better. Have you accepted Christ? If you have, are you living a worldly lifestyle? I would suggest two things to you. First, read and study your Bible. Find out what God says and pray over what you read. Pray for understanding. Then, I would suggest that you find a Christ centered, Bible believing church. The Bible tells us that we need fellowship with other believers. Join a study group. Make friends within God's people and their friendships will help you to grow.

God will help you with your fears, but you need to be where you can hear Him. Draw away from the worldly pleasures and draw nearer to God's love.

<>< ><>

Nathele

"Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation."

"Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray."

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalms 5:1-3

:whistling:

is there any advise from anyone at all

Dear Sister

Hear The One Who Loves You

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

To The Uttermost

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

With Joy

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

And Hears

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:24

Your Rejoicing

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luke 10:20

So Treasure His Word

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalms 119:11

:rolleyes:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Looking for Advise