• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

OK, this is going to get me in trouble, but....we don't even know if Mary accepted Jesus as her saviour! If she didn't, well.......maybe se isn't in heaven. I am certain she had motherly instincts toward Him. But, well, did she ever really see Him as more than her son?

Sorry. I just had to throw that one out.

<>< ><>

Nathele

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me holy is His name" (Luke 1:46-49).

I'd say yep...she accepted Jesus as her saviour! :)

OK, but I just had to stir some trouble :)

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I don't know...I guess as some one who is getting ready to be a mother, it would be hard to convince me that she ever stopped seeing Jesus as her son.

I don't believe in worshipping Mary or the other saints. Which is one reason why I am not Catholic. I don't want to put Mary on a pedastal, because I think she made mistakes as all mothers make mistakes.

But because she was given favor in God's eyes, I wonder if she has a different relationship with Jesus in Heaven. I wonder if that relationship is even allowed.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to loss for words

as oveda has stated i wil state the same thing hear as i was an orthadox croation cathlic the cathlic church in rome has put mary in a position just like with the apostles and the cathlics are taught to pray to the virgin mary instead of being taught to pray to god like we have been shown in the gospels

matthew 6 new spirit filled life bible the model prayer

7 and when you pray do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do for they think that they will be heard

for their many words

8 therefore do not be like them for your father in heaven knows the things you have need of before you

ask him

9 in this manner pray our father in heaven hallowed be thy name

10 your kingdom come your wil be done on earth as it is in heaven

this is what we are taught to do in the model prayer in matthew 6

but the cathlics see mary as a go between they have been taught to only pray to mary as she is seen as the mother off god this is how i was taught by my grandmother and by my grandfather and when i use to go to the orthadox croation cathlic church in my village other croation cathlics would often talk about mary and they saw her as some one that would save them

yes it does say in the bible at the birth of jesus that mary had found favor with god and often mary is mentioned in the gospels by matthew by mark by luke and by john they all have their own version this is how i see what is talked about in the op post

but mary also was told by the angel of god in luke 1 new spirit filled life bible

30 then the angel told her do not be afraid mary you have found favor with god

31 and behold you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a son and shall call his name jesus

32 he wil be great and wil be called the son of god of the highest and the lord god will give him the throne

of his father david

33 and he wil reign over the house of jacob forever and of his kingdom their will be no end

so mary was told but mary found it hard to see jesus as gods son if you read threw the gospels you wil see wear mary and joseph tried to hold jesus back from fufilling his role

luke 2 simon sees gods salvation new spirit filled life bible

34 then simon blessed them and said to mary his mother behold this child is destined for the fall and rising

of many in israel and for a sign which will be spoken against

35 yes a sword will peirce through your own soul also that the thoughts of many hearts may be reveald

again mary was warned what jesus role was

luke 6 the boy jesus amazes the scholars

42 and when he was 12yrs old they went up to jerusalem according to the custom of the feast

43 when they had finished the days as they returned the boy jesus lingered behind in jerusalem

and joseph and his mother did not know

44 but supposing him to have been in the company they went a days jorney and sought him among their

relatives and acuaintances

45 so when they did not find him they returned to jerusalem seeking him

46 now so it was that after three days they found him in the temple sitting in the midst of the teachers

both listening to them and asking them questions

47 and all who heard him wear astonished at his understanding and answers

48 so when they saw him they were amazed and his mother said to him son why have you done this to

us look your father and i have sought you anxiously

49 and he said to them why did you seek me did you not know that i must be about my fathers buisness

50 but they did not understand the statement which he spoke to them

when i began to search out the scriptures for my self and i asked the holy spirit to help me understand this and open my eyes to the truth of gods word he did as i knew what the roaman church passed on in their doctrine was false as i was so against this for some strange reason my grandmother would push me to talk to the parish preist as she wanted me to be like the other alter boys but something in me did not sit right and when ever i heard the parish preist preach on a sermon from the gospels i would laugh for some reason as the serbians wear getting smart and many people have been killed by the hands of the serbians when i was growing up in yougoslavia and you would hear my grandmother sayin or praying that mary would prottect us from harm and that some how she wil bring harm to the serbian army

i am sorry for this being so long but i found this very intresting to read and i took my time also to read what every one else jotted down in this topic that you have set up yes i have seen the passion of christ and i have also used this as an out reach tool as i find it very power full and effective to the way mel gibbson did this

so as you see mary and josepth saw jesus as their own son but they could not understand the statement that their own son gave to them when they found him in the temple

jesus said straight out why did you seek me jesus is not being mean hear he is just giving a straight forward reponce i am hear to do my fathers buisness

you stated what is her relationship to jesus i have given you my own understanding to your question and as oveda had said speaking were the bible speaks and remaining silent where it is silent is always the safest and most assured position but if you like to live dangerous and you are an in your face person like me then say it as you understand this for your self and do not be ashamed to ask these sort of questions and do not be ashamed to desolve gods word as this is wear a person wil grow if we are open to the leading of the holy spirit no use being a vegtable or a robot and beliving what every one else says you have a brain and you need to use that brian god has given you

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But let us look at the scripture quoted right in front of our eyes for a moment:

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

41When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Mary's Song

46And Mary said:

"My soul glorifies the Lord

47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48for he has been mindful

of the humble state of his servant.

From now on all generations will call me blessed,

49for the Mighty One has done great things for me

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Goodness, you are one hard fella to read...where are you from?!? (damo)

I don't really want to get on the topic of worshipping Mary, as my church does not have saints that we pray too, we believe Jesus actually came down off the cross, and we don't have long traditional services in which we are made to kneel and then get up and then kneel again.

I posed the question because I was curious what others would say...

From reading the other posts though I can see that I've probably already formed my own opinion. Which is..."I HAVE NO IDEA!" I could argue either way. Mary was chosen by God and therefore I could understand him allowing her to have a special relationship with Jesus. However, at the same time, if Mary is in Heaven, she got there because of the sacrifice, which means she would also be thinking of him as her savior, and not just her son.

If the Bible gave us all the information we could ever want, it would be never ending. The Never Ending Story...now there's an interesting movie.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Goodness, you are one hard fella to read...where are you from?!? (damo)

I don't really want to get on the topic of worshipping Mary, as my church does not have saints that we pray too, we believe Jesus actually came down off the cross, and we don't have long traditional services in which we are made to kneel and then get up and then kneel again.

I posed the question because I was curious what others would say...

From reading the other posts though I can see that I've probably already formed my own opinion. Which is..."I HAVE NO IDEA!" I could argue either way. Mary was chosen by God and therefore I could understand him allowing her to have a special relationship with Jesus. However, at the same time, if Mary is in Heaven, she got there because of the sacrifice, which means she would also be thinking of him as her savior, and not just her son.

If the Bible gave us all the information we could ever want, it would be never ending. The Never Ending Story...now there's an interesting movie.

damo1

to loss for words

i am just like every one else stil learning and stil growing when i gave my heart to god i had to denounce the way i was bought up at first i found it hard to even say jesus is lord over my life and i found it hard that gods son would die for some one like me yet as i began to ask the holy spirit to help me understand this for my self he did as i could not stop reading the bible i had a lot of questions of my own and these questions wear answerd by a good friend of mine who put me under his wings and know has his own ministry in canberra

you also said wear i am from i am from Australia

you said i am a hard person to read i just gave you my own understanding to your question as i am also a father of two boys and i work as a goverment foster carer i get kids that are very damaged and i am also some one who was not wanted by his own parents as what hapend in my country effected my father alcahol and cancer got the best of him as my father would drink to escape the past he also was a soldier just like his brothers and my brother vladko who decided to stay in yougoslavia while my parents with my mother and her and her brother and her parents decided to leave and seek a safer country to settle into australia was the country that my father and her father decided

i am not that hard to read if you take the time to hear what i say in the posts i apply to my education was not that crash hot but what i know is by what god did in my life and i owe him my very life i am just a man that loves to disolve gods word i do not just sit back and belive in what is preached from the pulpit i learn by asking the holy spirit to open my eyes to the truth of gods word

my church belives in everything the bible says we see jesus as gods son we see jesus as the head of the body of christ and i see him as my savior and i openly say jesus is lord over my life

i hope this sheds some light into the person i am

i do not worship mary like i use to as an orthadox croation cathlic i love reading and every time i pick the bible up and read it i am learning new things this is just how i am loss for words

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

mary knew who Jesus was when asking him to fill the cisterns with wine before His time at the wedding. He called her woman talking to her flesh. On the cross he asked for her to be taken care of. Mary being in the right place at the right time gave birth. She in her declaration after the birth announcement declared Him her Savior saying her soul magnifys the Lord. She is probably known as the obedient servant, who reared up Jesus as Joseph as well too.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I don't know...I guess as some one who is getting ready to be a mother, it would be hard to convince me that she ever stopped seeing Jesus as her son.

I don't believe in worshipping Mary or the other saints. Which is one reason why I am not Catholic. I don't want to put Mary on a pedastal, because I think she made mistakes as all mothers make mistakes.

But because she was given favor in God's eyes, I wonder if she has a different relationship with Jesus in Heaven. I wonder if that relationship is even allowed.

LFW- your post really touched me.

This is something I never thought of before, and I can see why you have been thinking about it (I've been thinking about what my role will be as a mother as well). You have such a sweet heart hon.

I know what the scripture says, but I also know what I believe in my heart.

And just so I don't get attacked right away- I'm not saying there is or isn't any truth to my opinion. It's just my opinon. So please don't jump all over it.

I believe that there was an element of Jesus that was the same as any other man in regards to his relationship with his mother. And I think he loved his mom just like any other child would, and I think Mary loved him just like any mother would. Growing up, there were days when I came home and all I wanted was for my mom to hold me. That was from when I was just a little kid, up until a few weeks ago. Sometimes, you just need your mom to comfort you. There were also times in my more recent life that my mom stood back and told me how proud of me she was. She expressed her reverence in me...how much she looked up to ME. This was unbelievable- how could my MOTHER look up to ME? Sure, I've done things in my life that I'm proud of, but nothing that I considered good enough for my own mother to admire me.

I think this is similar to how Mary felt about Jesus. She gave birth to the son of God, the saviour! Do you know how amazing that is? But at the same time, she was his mother. And I think when he was suffering, she was too. And when he was successful and joyful- so was Mary.

I have no idea what their relationship is like in heaven but I imagine it to be slightly different than that of how our relationship will be with Christ. Mary was CHOSEN to birth Jesus....to be his mother. I think that despite the scripture given, there will always be an element of their relationship that is perhaps more intimate than anyone elses.

But again, that's just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

But let us look at the scripture quoted right in front of our eyes for a moment:

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

41When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Mary's Song

46And Mary said:

"My soul glorifies the Lord

47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48for he has been mindful

of the humble state of his servant.

From now on all generations will call me blessed,

49for the Mighty One has done great things for me

The LORD

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Daniel 7:9-10

The LORD Jesus Christ

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19:11-16

Worthy Worthy Worthy Is The Lamb Of God

And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 5:8-14