just in case

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

It seems to be commonplace these days....no Christmas spirit. I never have it, haven't ever had it, and the Christmas stuff just gets on my nerves. I've grown tired of pretending to be interested in any of it so....this year I ditched the Christmas party at work and ignored the gift exchange. Let them not like it, I don't care, and I feel better about only celebrating with my family (and that's only because I want them to have a nice Christmas). I see no reason to go along with the 'bake cookies, decorate everything, shop 'til you drop, and spend your children's inheritance on gifts' anymore. I feel so free now. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

I know that this sounds commercial but - My stress is that it is my fiance's birthday on 23rd Dec and then Christmas is on the 25th!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

I know that this sounds commercial but - My stress is that it is my fiance's birthday on 23rd Dec and then Christmas is on the 25th!!

It doens't help when you have birthdays around this time of year. I have two friends, a married couple, with birthdays either side of Christmas. Drives me nuts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

Hello there ...How is everyone doing? :emot-hug: and :thumbsup: 's

This is a difficult time for my family and myself. Finances are tight and we need to get our oven fixed. There is no Christmas tree but Jesus Christ lives in our hearts. I have a significantly impaired daughter who is in the 4th psychiatric hospital since October. My husband & I are in the process of bringing Lisa home for good. She meets the criteria to receive many services once she is living with us...so that will be of some help. We are not sure she will be discharged before Christmas...but we are praying & hoping she will be with her family.

Actually, now that I have typed this out I realize that things could and have been worse in the past. I praise God for all He has done in our lives.

Love,

Kathy

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Have a Problem

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I am putting this up there for those of us who are having a rough time this christmas. Whether it is saddness, financial problems or just a rough time for anyone...I would like to hears about it.

Sometimes stress around this season, missing loved ones...or poor memories, let us know. Maybe hearing someone else is feeling the same way will help us to know we are not alone... Love patricia1

So true Patricia! You know, years ago I remember having a tough time through the Holidays when one of my older cousins who was working a a local "grain elevator" site was killed just outside of New Orleans, La. They spent weeks digging the bodies out. It was the worse Christmas in my life. Going to a funeral when we should be celebrating God's gifts. I remember Dad taking a group of my Scouting Friends to a local convelesence home to sing and entertain the elderly during that time. Somehow, that made the meaning of Christmas much more rewarding and barable to me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/11/1962

I wish I could skip the holidays this year. But no chance of that. I am going through one of the worse depressions of my life and each day is a struggle to survive and get through. My Husband and I are being sued for a credit card debt that we were unable to pay.And there will be more to follow . I have no peace or joy to even get out of bed and trying to function and do what needs to be done is hard. Sorry to sound like a whinner but this is how I feel. If I had the guts I would have probably ended my life long ago but I know that would be the worse thing I could do but I do wish that I could find a way out of this mess and I see no way out. I found this board in my search for God ,peace and a way back to living my life . I just wish I had the peace and joy in God that I see so many here with.

Edited by 1dayatatime

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I wish I could skip the holidays this year. But no chance of that. I am going through one of the worse depressions of my life and each day is a struggle to survive and get through. My Husband and I are being sued for a credit card debt that we were unable to pay.And there will be more to follow . I have no peace or joy to even get out of bed and trying to function and do what needs to be done is hard. Sorry to sound like a whinner but this is how I feel. If I had the guts I would have probably ended my life long ago but I know that would be the worse thing I could do but I do wish that I could find a way out of this mess and I see way out. I found this board in my search for God ,peace and a way back to living my life . I just wish I had the peace and joy in God that I see so many here with.

:emot-giggle: alot of us have been there, I came here after my son was killed, it took awhile, but with God and the help of so many loving people here...............well here I am! I'll be praying for you!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

I'm praying too :emot-giggle:

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

My mom's birthday was the 23rd...she died on the 30th of December 1999.....that's another reason why December is so hard for me. And her birthday is coming up...

Anita