:emot-bounce:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

I believe that what those verses say are true.

But I also believe that is not all that he was trying to say.

Nor do I believe that we can just pick a few verses out of scripture and build a doctrine around them.

Context does not just mean chapter, or book, it also means ALL of Scripture. Remember there is synergism in God's Word. It has to be taken as one book, not just a bunch of books, chapters or verses. They all work together.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Which is what? If you are asking people to state if they believe them, you should provide your interpretation of what you think they are syaing. Otherwise it amounts to setting a trap

Shalom,

Exactly!! :emot-giggle:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I believe that tsth is trying to show us that the hyper grace teaching that God for some reason excuses sin,just because we say we are christians is not true,and that God is just and Holy and expects us to be as well.

Shalom Onwings,

No one is excusing sin, but too many people FOCUS on sin and ignore the REST of the verses as Bib posted, the ones with FORGIVENESS and GRACE and MERCY. Read the OP, there is nothing there about excusing sin!

It is not our job to beat our brothers and sisters up all the time and scream "Sin, sin, sin!" Let those who are WITHOUT sin cast the first stone.

It is our job to love, forgive and pray for our brothers and sisters and remind them of G-d unfailing grace, mercy and forgiveness.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ye shall walk through the valley of death, before thou dishonor I

Ye shall give your children, before thou speak my name in vain

Ye shall give all love to me, before thou take any from me

But if you give all that you are, thou are naught

You can't wait obediently for the messiah and not live your own life. Come on guys (and girls), you must realize that if you don't work or strive for anything, How can you be loved by His Eminence?

Edited by zoltanz

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

1 Cor. 6

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5

19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I do ... God does not let me get away with anything and I am grateful beyond words..

Some of my most favorite scriptures...

They speak hope to me and that God loves me too much to leave me in sin and does everything He can to make me see my need to repent......

Joh 15:1 I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.

Joh 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away. And every one that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bring forth more fruit.

Joh 15:3 Now you are clean through the Word which I have spoken to you.

Joh 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

Joh 15:5 I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Heb 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons, "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him;

Heb 12:6 for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every son whom He receives."

Heb 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is he whom the father does not chasten?

Heb 12:8 But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who corrected us, and we gave them reverence. Shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?

Heb 12:10 For truly they chastened us for a few days according to their own pleasure, but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.

Heb 12:11 Now chastening for the present does not seem to be joyous, but grievous. Nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who are exercised by it.

Heb 12:12 Because of this, straighten up the hands which hang down and the enfeebled knees.

Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way, but let it rather be healed.

It was only after I repented I knew the Love and forgiveness and mercy of God in my life...

I only fool myself when I think I can practice sin and God will let it slide...

Praise God, it ain't gonna happen...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

In the midst of this discussion, are we or should we equate the "kingdom" with salvation?

Greg.

Good question!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

i belive what is said in the scriptures tsth has given out but i do not take one verse and make it my own doctrine i belive in reading all off gods word this is how i am when it comes to reading my own bible and trying to understand what is being said in all the gospels

when we start to take one peace of scripture and make it our own doctrine this is were it gets puzzled and confusing its what i call sifting and this is what i do not belive in doing

i also like to learn and in my old church i was able to do this with those who were like me as what we use to do is pick out sevral verses in the bible then we would pull these verses appart and try to match these verses in the other gospels i found this very educational and i loved sitting back and hearing what the verses meant to each person as we all had our own bibles we are comfterball with sevral had the old king james version two had the new kings james version and there were 4 of us who had the new international version

i just cant take one part of a scripture passage with out reading the hole off gods word and when ever i do this and invite the holy spirit to bring the truth to what i am reading it blows me away by what i am taught

thank you tsth i belive as i said to what you have pointed out in your post but as i said i like to go over all off the gospels and learn for my self that way i am not making my own doctrine and then having to set a trap or force my views on to some one else we are human and we will have our own understanding to these verses you have given out

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Who EVER said ANYTHING about building a doctrine around them????

I just asked if you believed it? It was pretty simple, and there was no trap.

i am not making my own doctrine and then having to set a trap or force my views on to some one else we are human and we will have our own understanding to these verses you have given out

And you follow up with: "god bless, from "your brother"?

:39: