• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I am able to hang out with drunkerds, worldly parties, those who use drugs, perscription and illigal. I am not uncomfortable. I used to be. but i came from that realm and i identify well there.

I think you have taken the idea of eating or drinking with unbelievers to an extreme. Not only is there no scripture telling us to befriend the unsaved...but there is certainly no scriptures telling us that we should put ourselves into illegal situations to do so.

In my opinion, you should be uncomfortable around blantant sin, and illegal activity.

perhaps you misunderstand. Paul says not to even eat with them. I assumed this was a part of the original post givers mind set. I merely pointed that jesus hung out with sinners and the religous people judged him for it. We should not be judged for this. My own personal ministry sets aside what is legal or not. Im not concerned with others breaking the law, only thier soul. Thats not saying i would not encourage them to obey the law. I dont suggest all belivers should put them in those situations. If somehow you think i shouldnt hang around things illigal for the sake of christ, i would say to hang around them for the sake of christ. Do you speed, do you not wear a seatbelt, do you not come to a full stop at a stop sign. Have you ever broken these laws. If you have did it somehow glorify god. The question would be to me. do i sin when in these situations. Is god glorified? because i am preaching the gospel he is..I can identify with these types of sinners. That was the world in which i was bought out of. Now that i am a new creation and i came from there i go back for the sake of partaking in calling out the sheep.

What is accidently infringing a couple of traffic regulations. in a moment of lack of concentration have in common with hanging out with carnal minded people as friends. Sure you are a new creation, as a result of being convicted of sin. You have been lifted out of the deep dark pit. It doesn't mean you have to return to the pit and mix with those still there..

People keep insisting that Jesus was friends with sinners and wine drinkers. The word says Mat, 9"10...And it came to pass as Jesus sat at meat, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with Him and his disciples. whis is different than Him going to sit with them.

He was talking to man to man and and told the onlookers He came, not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. He never said they were His friends.......the scribes and pharasees did. People keep writing stuff into the bible that isn't there.

We all meet someone from the "bad old days" in our walk in life, and I still stop and talk with them and ask after their health and all the usual small talk, but they are no longer my friends, we choose to walk in different directions. I don't have to shoot pool or play cards in the clubs or pubs with them,......I've done with that lifestyle.

If people want to have unsaved friends coming ang going to their homes, that's okay by me, just don't keep trying to tell me it's biblical to do so, because the bible makes it crystal clear not to associate with them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1973

Listen, I think this is getting off. Did i say to place yourselves purposefully into situations if i did that is not what i meant.. God lays out our lives before us. I dont set out to got parties, and hang out with so called bad people. This is what happens when your neighbor is not friendly, gangsta guns and all with his prison parole king-flo. It is where i was at that moment. I had no control. I have 100 stories of living in that house. All from different renters in the same house next door. But it taught me many things about the lost. Just because i as a beliver have not such a big problem with it. Sis is Sin. Thanks be to christ we, the belivers, are freed. Expierience does not come without error. Should i feel guilty because i know god breaks down all barries. i've started many long relationships with people in that house next door. two which have become believers. Nomatter the depths of thier wickedness the gospel must be preached. So please i dont mean to say put yourselves in the midst of wickedness, i was only giving an extreme in contrast with the o.g. message. She was worried about hanging out with her unbelieving friends. I exhorted her with an extreme that she might see that it was alright. I thought i was doing it within the context of my understanding of the character of god in his sovernty. And the redemtion of men. I dont think i told her to not hang out with believers.

Guest Biblicist

Hello DjZed, welcome to the conversation, and welcome to Worthy. :emot-nod:

My God bless you for going where other's dare not, to reach the lost for Him. You have to be careful, but if you can handle it and you feel called to go, then go you must. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

perhaps you misunderstand. Paul says not to even eat with them.

Shalom DJZed,

Actually, Paul states not to eat with a CHRISTIAN who is living in unrepentant sin. Not non-Believers.

1 Corinthians 5:11

11But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi Vickilynn, That is what I have been saying from the very beginning. friends is the operative word in this thread. Someone who you have things in common with and share your joys and griefs with. anyone else is an associate or an acquaintance.

Thank you Vickilynn.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Hi Vickilynn, That is what I have been saying from the very beginning. friends is the operative word in this thread. Someone who you have things in common with and share your joys and griefs with. anyone else is an associate or an acquaintance.

Thank you Vickilynn.

Shalom Eric,

On this you and I are in agreement. The term "friend" here is causing some misunderstanding I believe. There is a huge difference in spending time with someone to share the Gospel and in hanging out with someone to socialize. I believe that we SHOULD go to non-Believers to share the Gospel, but not to be friends, intimate, sharing our lives.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  41
  • Birthday:  12/22/1993

I've been wondering about this for awhile...

I have many unsaved friends that I am close to, and love very much. But, in the Bible it says:

"For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" (2 Corinthians 6:14,15)

"Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.'" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

Without Christ, an unbeliever is evil in God's eyes.

How close should I be with my unsaved friends? Should I remain friends, but not hang out with them?

I am friends with a lot of unsaved people as well, but as well as a lot of strong Christians.

I would remain close friends with them, as long as it's not effecting your relationship with Christ. How else are they suppose to find Christ if they're not friends with followers of Christ? So, keep close friends with them and hope to get them to know Christ.

:wub:

I think you have taken the idea of eating or drinking with unbelievers to an extreme. Not only is there no scripture telling us to befriend the unsaved...but there is certainly no scriptures telling us that we should put ourselves into illegal situations to do so.

In my opinion, you should be uncomfortable around blantant sin, and illegal activity.

Friends is biblical. I don't see that it is biblical to purposly not be friends with sinners.

Sin is sin, blatent or in your heart. Uncomfortable? if your conscience is seered, then stay away. Which is why i said in an earlier post, RUN THE OTHER WAY!For my concience says, Whatever god lays before me i will pursue. In this process i have become "friends" with many people, believers and unbelievers. I am not afraid to share intimate things with anyone. Should i use this only with my family. NO! i use my life with all people that i might win some. Does this mean i have christian fellowship with all, of course not, how can you have true fellowship with an unbeliever? As its been said, light & darkness have no fellowship.

I came from that realm also. I have sold drugs in two countries, been a drunk for 30 years while I was selling and doing drugs. I have done things that most people think about but don't have the guts or stupidity to do

Literally hanging out with abusers of drugs while they are abusing of drugs of all kinds and going to their parties does nothing for the good of them or you. Nor does it glorify Christ in their eyes because they are to whacked out to know anything else. Going to a party to preach Jesus to a bunch high people is the same thing as casting your pearls out to the swine. Knowing them and talking to them when they are sober gives them a chance to hear the gospel through clear ears instead of clogged ears

The rules or regulations that God has set down for us is to protect us from falling prey to temptation or going back to the old man.

If you see it does no good for you, fine. To say it does no good for them is to mock the sovergnty of god! Christ is glorified, you once again speak of someonelses eyes. I dont see how you can say if christ is glorified in thier eyes. Doesnt matter. Christ is glorified in me. I have a life statement so to speak. "the gospel to the unbeliever and the scripture to the believer."So with my unbeliveing "friends" I preach the gospel, to my beleiving friends i exhort from the scripture. My whole life. The only gift i know to give. Parumpumpumpum. I don't need rules and regulations for god to protect me. God will protect me and nothing will pluck me from his hand!

What is accidently infringing a couple of traffic regulations. in a moment of lack of concentration have in common with hanging out with carnal minded people as friends. Sure you are a new creation, as a result of being convicted of sin. You have been lifted out of the deep dark pit. It doesn't mean you have to return to the pit and mix with those still there..

People keep insisting that Jesus was friends with sinners and wine drinkers. The word says Mat, 9"10...And it came to pass as Jesus sat at meat, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with Him and his disciples. whis is different than Him going to sit with them.

He was talking to man to man and and told the onlookers He came, not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. He never said they were His friends.......the scribes and pharasees did. People keep writing stuff into the bible that isn't there.

We all meet someone from the "bad old days" in our walk in life, and I still stop and talk with them and ask after their health and all the usual small talk, but they are no longer my friends, we choose to walk in different directions. I don't have to shoot pool or play cards in the clubs or pubs with them,......I've done with that lifestyle.

If people want to have unsaved friends coming ang going to their homes, that's okay by me, just don't keep trying to tell me it's biblical to do so, because the bible makes it crystal clear not to associate with them.

The point of the traffic violations was simple to point out that it against the law. ie. illegal. It's interesting how you use the words "accidently", and "Moment of lack of consintration" As if that makes it less illegal. Once again, i said this in response to the 1st post. Trying to encourage her that it was alright to have friends that were unbelivers.Giving a much more extreme situation as an example. some ran with it. Was not the prostitute considered a friend. or was christ only a friend after she belived. Thats only one of many bible stories we could relate to friendships believer/unbeliever situations. You don't see a clear statment word wise from jesus about his being god, but his actions demonstrated it and thus they sought to kill him because of blashemy

Whats the matter with pool,cards,clubs and pubs.is it because sinners are there?

where is this clearity you speak of in the scripture not to associate with them?

Keep the light on. I'll pray god send them!

Shalom DJZed,

Actually, Paul states not to eat with a CHRISTIAN who is living in unrepentant sin. Not non-Believers.

1 Corinthians 5:11

11But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler

Hello DjZed, welcome to the conversation, and welcome to Worthy. :o

My God bless you for going where other's dare not, to reach the lost for Him. You have to be careful, but if you can handle it and you feel called to go, then go you must. :24:

Thank you. the thing is i don't really go anywhere. The circumstances are ALWAYS laid out before me. I just follow them to see where they might lead. some have lead to freindships,intimate, and some have not. belivers and unbelievers alike. some who were unbelievers we have continued relationships with have sinse become believers. This was not my doing, but gods, he saved them,and not solely through the use of us.

I had to shift from i and me to we and us. my wife and children are a huge part in these freindships.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Okay, sorry, I'm getting more confused. We can eat with them but not have fellowship with them?

We just order our food and sit there in silence?

I repeat myself again, Why would you be eating with them in the first place. I don't invite unsaved people to a meal, beacause the bible says, "come out from among them and be seperate." "What fellowship has light with dark" You can't manipulate those words from the bible to fit your own agenda. And as I don't have any unsaved friends. I'm hardly likely to be invited for a meal.

Okay, sorry, I'm getting more confused. We can eat with them but not have fellowship with them?

We just order our food and sit there in silence?

I repeat myself again, Why would you be eating with them in the first place. I don't invite unsaved people to a meal, beacause the bible says, "come out from among them and be seperate." "What fellowship has light with dark" You can't manipulate those words from the bible to fit your own agenda. And as I don't have any unsaved friends. I'm hardly likely to be invited for a meal.

I was responding to Axman who said it was okay to eat with them but not fellowship with them.

But I have one for you too Eric.

If you worked with nonbeleivers, would you have conversations with them, say about sports or about the weather or about travel?