Should I or Shouldn't I

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like you are already very involved. And I take for granted that you do not want to stop any of those activities. I can tell you from experience that being on a prayer team is very time consuming. Also from what you said you actually may not be ready for that yet. Whatever you do, it will be a mistake if it causes you to put your family on back burner or causes you to rush everything. Be encouraged in the LORD. Ascertain what He wants from you and not what others want. Let peace rule. Your heart should be filled with peace concerning all that you do.

God bless you as you serve Him!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Here is my dilemma. I talked to a pastor at my church and told him that I wanted to help at church in some way. He gave my name to a person who is starting a Prayer Team. Part of your obligation would be to pray with people at church during the last set of worship songs. My problem is that I am really bad at praying outloud. I am shy, I get nervous, I lose track of what I want to say, my prayers are short, no frills. Many people at my church are good at prayer. They really seem to be able to get to the heart of the matter and you feel good after they pray for you. I have just started praying out loud for people and I am sure I do not always instill any sense of peace for the people I pray for. I love to talk to the Lord. I pray for people all the time in private. I know the Lord loves to hear my prayers. The other part of this is that they will have a weekly meeting where they will discuss prayer and learn more about it. Also praying for the requests that come into the church that week and other topics as well such as our government, teachers, etc. This would be great for me and then maybe I could be of more help in the future. But I don't want to seem like I am just a taker and I don't want to give. Any suggestions?

Pray about it, and consider that this will bring you into a new boldness in the Lord. You could learn alot in this. I have had several opportunities like that, then I had for a wonderful season when I lived in TN a wonderful prayer partner, I was one called to intercession for individuals, she would be praying for nations, stronghold-God would show her some awesome things, man, we had a good time in the Lord praying. I saw a another aspect of the Lord and it caused me to consider the nations? I enjoy my time with the Lord, but with someone else who is like minded-tht is awesome!!!

When I had opportunites like this, I would make sure to spend the day prior in prayer/intercession/fasting, let Him work in you.

If your pastor brought that up to you, then he feels confident.

Blessings

candi

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I love the ministries that I am involved in. I work sorting clothes for the Clothing the Homeless Ministry and I am in charge of the Card Ministry. I will not give them up and they work out well with my schedule. Basically I am allowed to work when ever I can. The Prayer Team is alot of work and time and I have already told them I will not be able to be on the team. Although I feel a little guilty I know that if I am being realistic I do not have time to do it. I really appreciate the comments you have all given me. It really helps you to see other ideas that you might not have thought about.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It might be a good idea to start practicing praying out loud. That sounds odd - practice praying! But it's something that comes naturally for some, but for others it doesn't. You never know when it will be important to pray for someone. I sometimes think about if I come upon an accident and an injured person wants someone to pray with them....or a friend who may be in need someone to pray with them. So you might just try praying out loud once in a while, or if you and a friend go to lunch together, say grace. The more you do it the easier it will become.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks Trusting Jesus, you are right and I will work on praying out loud. I know how important it is and I really do want to be able to do that for others.