Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Is it any wonder that non-believers look at believers and scoff?

Pat Robertson is a business; nothing he says is noteworthy to a true Christian, IMHO. :o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

another angry post...Moses changed the hands of God through prayer and reminding Him of His promise and go look it up please. This has nothing to do with Pat robertson it has to do with how you feel about pentecostals.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

another angry post...Moses changed the hands of God through prayer and reminding Him of His promise and go look it up please. This has nothing to do with Pat robertson it has to do with how you feel about pentecostals.

I am a Pentecostal :whistling:

I pulled this comment simply because it just doesn't sit well with me as much as I flatly disagree with what brother Robertson has said and he handling of a prophecy unfulfilled. I pray the Lord's mercy towards his heart, mind and soul.

Edited by HisMindinme

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

What does G-d's Word say about false prophets?

Ezekiel 13:9

My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

Matthew 7

15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Call me a dunce, but I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In fact, what he said is what other observers have been saying, as well. AS I read this paragraph:

Last year, Robertson predicted that a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in mass killing in the United States. Noting that it hadn't come to pass, Robertson said, "All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us."

I am reminded of this incident:

Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very important city

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

I agree with Marn. I believe it's God's mercy that we can't see what goes on in the spirit realm. My guess is that we'd literally go insane from fear if we could.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

thank-you for pulling that...Still does not mean your not upset and angry with some pentecostals bro. Unfortunately I think Pat spoke too soon....it will happen but not as bad beecause people humbled themselves and prayed as God instructs us to do.

thank-you for pulling that...Still does not mean your not upset and angry with some pentecostals bro. Unfortunately I think Pat spoke too soon....it will happen but not as bad beecause people humbled themselves and prayed as God instructs us to do.

I did not pull anything in response to what you wrote. I am a "Pentecostal." Brother Pat is out of line and his response to apparently NOT speaking truth from the Spirit is LAME!

As for upset and anger. <-- Ad Hominem attack. Do you know what it is? It is when someone is critical of the messenger and skips right over the message, using something they see "wrong" in the messenger to discredit the message.

What you've said it not a full Ad Hominem reaction because it is mitigated by your additional statement: "Unfortunately I think Pat spoke too soon ..." You are attempting to put some focus on the message itself, so to that I am happy to know it.

I will agree that upset and anger CAN play a role because if a person is motivated from the natural mind, then the purpose is to provide a vehicle for emotion for the purpose of feeding the lusts of the flesh. To this end, I agree with the potential behind your writing and what you are possibly pointing at.

I will point out however, my emotions and my flesh and my lust -- the final say so of it is with me and with God Himself: not you. That said -- I can say to you with a clear conscience, my motivation is not "Pentecostal Upset." My motivation is to point out the mechanism of humanity at work and put it into the awareness of my brothers and sisters here (as other places -- like church, friends and family). The goal is to illustrate, open for discussion and feedback (which thing is being accomplished) the topic of the human mechanism at work as I think it is in what Pat Robertson has said (prognostications) and his response to them not coming true.

I think the more appropriate and Mind of Christ response is to:

a) Apologize -- "I got this wrong. I am sorry."

b) Refocus on Christ and Truth in Him -- "I will not speak in 'Thus saith the Lord' without more sureness in myself." <-- or something to that affect.

Finally, I expect such Ad Hominem reactions. People here are people. Christians are people. As such, each person (like me) has their own lusts and lack of awareness of how we use thoughts and emotions to feed our flesh. Moreover, we're unaware of how we dress this up in Christian clothing for the purpose of self-righteousness and self-justification, all the while the flesh and lusts are feasting on the abundant emotions of our "Christian" cliches, jargon, thoughts and so on.

The key is to be aware and this is my purpose: to first raise that awareness in myself and then to share my self-awareness with others by any means that I can, without causing too much injury (either to myself or others).

Edited by HisMindinme