AnExample

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Obama won the Democratic side of the caucus, yes, with less than a thousand votes.

Rudy Gulianni placed SIXTH on the Republican side....yet received FOUR TIMES AS MANY VOTES OVERALL as Obama did getting over four thousand votes. Huckabee got over 32,000 votes.

I'd say Iowa is definately a red state.

:emot-highfive:

Your are under a misconception about the caucusing process in Iowa. The Republican Caucus there is simply a straw pole. They count individual votes. The Democratic Caucus counts individual precincts. So you are making an apples to oranges comparison. Its like comparing the popular vote for one candidate to the electoral vote of another.

In terms of votes, your right, 32,000 people voted for Huckabee. However, 93,000 people voted for Obama. Moreover, even though party registration between Republicans and Democrats is about equal in Iowa, nearly twice as many people caucused for the Democrats than the Republicans. So the Democrats are much more energized in Iowa than the Republicans and are capturing much more independents than Republicans are.

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/election...emscounties.php

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#IA

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Your are under a misconception about the caucusing process in Iowa. The Republican Caucus there is simply a straw pole. They count individual votes. The Democratic Caucus counts individual precincts. So you are making an apples to oranges comparison. Its like comparing the popular vote for one candidate to the electoral vote of another. In terms of votes, your right, 32,000 people voted for Huckabee. However, 93,000 people voted for Obama. Moreover, even though party registration between Republicans and Democrats is about equal in Iowa, nearly twice as many people caucused for the Democrats than the Republicans. So the Democrats are much more energized in Iowa than the Republicans and are capturing much more independents than Republicans are.

Was just about to post the same response, but you beat me to it. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Obama won the Democratic side of the caucus, yes, with less than a thousand votes.

Rudy Gulianni placed SIXTH on the Republican side....yet received FOUR TIMES AS MANY VOTES OVERALL as Obama did getting over four thousand votes. Huckabee got over 32,000 votes.

:emot-hug:

Your are under a misconception about the caucusing process in Iowa. The Republican Caucus there is simply a straw pole. They count individual votes. The Democratic Caucus counts individual precincts. So you are making an apples to oranges comparison. Its like comparing the popular vote for one candidate to the electoral vote of another.

In terms of votes, your right, 32,000 people voted for Huckabee. However, 93,000 people voted for Obama. Moreover, even though party registration between Republicans and Democrats is about equal in Iowa, nearly twice as many people caucused for the Democrats than the Republicans. So the Democrats are much more energized in Iowa than the Republicans and are capturing much more independents than Republicans are.

Amen to that!

NH is going to be more difficult. But really, Obama has unbelievable momentum right now. I was gushing over his speech last night. Wonderful! (If you youtube it, the last three minutes are heart-pounding...at least if you're me).

McCain has NH in the bag, I think.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

:thumbsup:

Amen to that!

NH is going to be more difficult. But really, Obama has unbelievable momentum right now. I was gushing over his speech last night. Wonderful! (If you youtube it, the last three minutes are heart-pounding...at least if you're me).

I just don't get how any of you can support Obama. I've been finding news stories in an effort to find out about the presidential hopefuls. There seems to be a bit of a dearth of information on Obama, but the articles I did find on him all said that his voting record shows he's "100% pro-choice, even including late-term, partial-birth abortions."

This is significant, and surely over-rules any other qualities he may have.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

I mentioned the partial birth abortion in a previous post and it looks like the dems don't care about it...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1952

:emot-pray:

Amen to that!

I just don't get how any of you can support Obama. I've been finding news stories in an effort to find out about the presidential hopefuls. There seems to be a bit of a dearth of information on Obama, but the articles I did find on him all said that his voting record shows he's "100% pro-choice, even including late-term, partial-birth abortions."

This is significant, and surely over-rules any other qualities he may have.

:whistling::whistling::thumbsup::laugh: That's exactly right!!!! The man won't even say the Pledge. If someone is going to be our President, don't you think he should say the Pledge? He is also pro-choice. So, I don't know how anyone could vote for him either :cool:

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

The results are a bit

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I mentioned the partial birth abortion in a previous post and it looks like the dems don't care about it...

Apparently they don't. Here's a link to statements from most of the contenders when the ruling on partial birth abortion came down.......they all parrot the same line and moan about restricting a woman's choice. This argument doesn't hold water. When was cold blooded murder (which this barbaric procedure certainly is) ever a legal choice in the United States? :thumbsup: I think all of these cheerleaders for the murder of babies should watch one of these 'choices' as it's being performed and then open their mouths. It just might clear up some of their ignorance once and for all.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04...bortion-ruling/

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I am SO last! :thumbsup: