• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1969

Thank you so much, Kari. I have so many fears right now. He isn't even home right now. He left and said he was going to find a place to stay. How much more can I take?

Michelle

quote name='kari20' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:58 AM' post='1074908']

God hasn't forgotten you, dear heart. He promised to never leave you, nor forsake you...ever. He cannot lie. Your husband has the same free will you have. He chooses to not serve the Lord as he should - while you choose rightly to serve the Lord your God.

God will reward you for your faithfulness in the midst of trouble. While your husband will receive what he is due for his disobedience. God is a God of mercy, but He is also a God of justice. Your present trouble will indeed pass. Hold onto that which is good, and do not worry for your future. It is all in God's hands.

May you be covered with the mighty, healing blood of Jesus! And may all the blessings of heaven rain down upon you!

In Jesus name, amen. :):thumbsup:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

My name is Michelle, I am new to this site. I am a Christ Follower of many decades. Haven't known any other life. I was divorced years ago, and remarried, to a Christian, for 6 years. I have 2 young'ens. I am feeling so desperate today. I know I am most likely being selfish, but here is my earlier prayer written out:

Dearest Lord and Savior,

:) I don't get it! I feel like I have devoted myself to you, doing daily devotions, praying daily, worshipping you corporately several times a week, yet I feel like i'm Job. My husband has been given so much, yet he treats those blessings like trash. He had nothing 10 years ago, but lived for you, G-d. Four years later you blessed him with a doting wife, great doctors who care for his illness, a mentor that seeks him out, a potentially great full time job, and he just spits in your face and mine by dabbling in drugs, walking away from you, and treating me poorly.

The world is all about him, what he wants, what can he get to satisfy himself. Yet I strive to serve you daily, G-d! Blessings are not my motivation for doing unto you Lord. But i do struggle with the fact that my heart is broken time after time after time. :thumbsup: It's so frustrating! I almost can't stand looking at him dripping with blessings that he just takes for granted. He won't do anything that doesn't serve him and want he wants.

How can I live like this and NOT become bitter??? I know you are a great G-d, and won't punish me for telling you these things. I resolve to continue in faith, but can i get a break? Please? AMEN

Thank you, Worthy Board Members for letting me share this with you. I needed to "say" it outloud. I ask for your prayers over this mess.

Michelle

Don't you know that God can bless you through him. Believe me, bitterness drys the bones, the Lord showed me that in a big way, He introduced me to an elderly woman who was still dwelling on her youth, on what her husband did to her, I wasn't letting it go in the same manner, she told me, you know when I went to the doctors that they couldn't see all my bones, some were darkened, that scripture came to mind and on the way home-I heard in my spirit "do you want that for your life", I said, No", I started to pray for her often-in person, and sometimes on my own, I think God did some work on her prior to going to heaven.

God will bless him with a good job for your sake-He will and can do that. Keep praying for him and don't get bitter!

Wow, Thank you candi. that was such a timely message. I am having a really really bad night. He walked out on me when i confronted him about how sad it makes me when he is high (he used what he said was the last of his stash tonight). This was after spending the day, today, with our church friends serving at a homeles shelter and praying together.

My name is Michelle, I am new to this site. I am a Christ Follower of many decades. Haven't known any other life. I was divorced years ago, and remarried, to a Christian, for 6 years. I have 2 young'ens. I am feeling so desperate today. I know I am most likely being selfish, but here is my earlier prayer written out:

Dearest Lord and Savior,

:whistling: I don't get it! I feel like I have devoted myself to you, doing daily devotions, praying daily, worshipping you corporately several times a week, yet I feel like i'm Job. My husband has been given so much, yet he treats those blessings like trash. He had nothing 10 years ago, but lived for you, G-d. Four years later you blessed him with a doting wife, great doctors who care for his illness, a mentor that seeks him out, a potentially great full time job, and he just spits in your face and mine by dabbling in drugs, walking away from you, and treating me poorly.

The world is all about him, what he wants, what can he get to satisfy himself. Yet I strive to serve you daily, G-d! Blessings are not my motivation for doing unto you Lord. But i do struggle with the fact that my heart is broken time after time after time. :whistling: It's so frustrating! I almost can't stand looking at him dripping with blessings that he just takes for granted. He won't do anything that doesn't serve him and want he wants.

How can I live like this and NOT become bitter??? I know you are a great G-d, and won't punish me for telling you these things. I resolve to continue in faith, but can i get a break? Please? AMEN

Thank you, Worthy Board Members for letting me share this with you. I needed to "say" it outloud. I ask for your prayers over this mess.

Michelle

Don't you know that God can bless you through him. Believe me, bitterness drys the bones, the Lord showed me that in a big way, He introduced me to an elderly woman who was still dwelling on her youth, on what her husband did to her, I wasn't letting it go in the same manner, she told me, you know when I went to the doctors that they couldn't see all my bones, some were darkened, that scripture came to mind and on the way home-I heard in my spirit "do you want that for your life", I said, No", I started to pray for her often-in person, and sometimes on my own, I think God did some work on her prior to going to heaven.

God will bless him with a good job for your sake-He will and can do that. Keep praying for him and don't get bitter!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Wow, Thank you candi. that was such a timely message. I am having a really really bad night. He walked out on me when i confronted him about how sad it makes me when he is high (he used what he said was the last of his stash tonight). This was after spending the day, today, with our church friends serving at a homeles shelter and praying together.

Dearest Lord and Savior,

:whistling: I don't get it! I feel like I have devoted myself to you, doing daily devotions, praying daily, worshipping you corporately several times a week, yet I feel like i'm Job. My husband has been given so much, yet he treats those blessings like trash. He had nothing 10 years ago, but lived for you, G-d. Four years later you blessed him with a doting wife, great doctors who care for his illness, a mentor that seeks him out, a potentially great full time job, and he just spits in your face and mine by dabbling in drugs, walking away from you, and treating me poorly.

The world is all about him, what he wants, what can he get to satisfy himself. Yet I strive to serve you daily, G-d! Blessings are not my motivation for doing unto you Lord. But i do struggle with the fact that my heart is broken time after time after time. :whistling: It's so frustrating! I almost can't stand looking at him dripping with blessings that he just takes for granted. He won't do anything that doesn't serve him and want he wants.

Michelle

Pray Ephesians 3: 14-21 & 1: 16-23 over him: Put His name in there where it says "you"

Ephesians 3:14-21 (King James Version)

14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 1:16-23 (King James Version)

16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Ask God to take away your husbands desire for that drug, that he wouldn't like it anymore, ask the Holy SPirit to speak to him about it, ask God to send Laborers in your husbands path, well seasoned laborers prepared to plant seed, ask that those laborers be all around him. Pray protection over him of course and watch what the Lord does.

I love when we see what God does when we pray for our spouses!! GET 'UM GOD!! I remember when my husband and I had an arguement, he was wrong and would not listen to me, He left the house, I prayed and when he returned latter-he told me that God said to apologize-he brought me flowers (that doesn't happen often-it had to be God(flower part).LOL

God is still in control. Remember not to look on the situation-but that the end result-Jesus-Walk by faith and not by sight. God can still bless you through a disobedient husband-Just make sure to do what the Lord Says concerning your relationship with your husband.

blessings

candi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I am so sorry things are seemingly getting worse. Something to keep in mind is that if he is doing illegal drugs you stand the chance of legal problems if it is found in your home. So, this may be God's way of protecting you and your children.

Have you talked with your pastor about this? I think you need the support of your church family right not -- and their prayers. It might make your husband mad if you go to your pastor, but you need to think of your needs and your childrens. Your pastor may be able to help him if he knows what is going on. If your husband is doing somethings illegal, then the church does need to know about it before he represents them at publice functions.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Dear Lord,

I ask you to protect Michelle and her children. Give her strength to deal with this problem. I ask You to convict her husband of his wrong doings and bring him into a true faith and a true walk with You.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

((((((((( Michelle )))))))))))

Father, in Jesus Name I pray that You please comfort Michelle through all these trials and pains she is going through. Lord, thank You for her life in You most of all. Lord Jesus, please give Michelle the strength and direction she needs to deal with these very hard circumstances, she needs You above all. Lord Jesus, please also pour out Your Spirit and help her husband Lord, for Your Glory. Please let him see Your Light and Glory and Power and most of all Your LOVE above all, whether it be through Michelle, or someone else Lord. Please quickly Lord, I pray for Your mercy and love, as You have love us, let her husband love others by knowing Your love. Draw him close to You, You being his rock. Please protect this household and restore it unto You for Your Name's sake. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

God is our comfort and strength, an ever-present help to trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Psalm 46:1-3

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:2

Thank you again Candi. Today was a great day at church. Since I read all of the messages you wonderful friends wrote, I've been on my knees several times. Then at church today my husband was overwhelmingly greeted with nearly every guy he was ever in men's groups with, from our church. Our church is gigantic, and we could attend without seeing any of our friends on a given sunday. But today it was amazing. I would say there were probably 10 guys who approached him with a hug. He asked for the phone # of 1 guy who is the communications minister of our church. i PRAY they get together.

Thank you all so much. You have reached out to a total stranger, and used by G-d to minister His message to me. Through His word.

G-d bless you all!

Michelle

Ask God to take away your husbands desire for that drug, that he wouldn't like it anymore, ask the Holy SPirit to speak to him about it, ask God to send Laborers in your husbands path, well seasoned laborers prepared to plant seed, ask that those laborers be all around him. Pray protection over him of course and watch what the Lord does.

That is just what G-d did today!! At least part of this.

I love when we see what God does when we pray for our spouses!! YES G-d was so encouraging today!

Remember not to look on the situation-but that the end result-Jesus-Walk by faith and not by sight. God can still bless you through a disobedient husband-Just make sure to do what the Lord Says concerning your relationship with your husband.

AMEN Great words of advice!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: the LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

As quickly as the Lord encourages my husband, the devil is right there taunting him.

I can tell he is depressed this morning. Maybe it's because of the guilt he feels. I started to have the same fears, but prayed through the verses many of you left. This is one day at a time, and I pray for the strength to get through it.

Blessings to you here at Worthy.

Michelle

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My dear sister,

extending love and prayers to you and your husband and family.

Keep trusting in the Lord..

GRACEXX