IGNORED

Why do atheists assume evolution is fact?

HopesDaughter

It is sad to say but I am no closer to the answer of why atheists assume evolution is fact. No one has been helpful with that answer as they try to aviod the question. I must resort to what I believe is the real answer and that is Darwinism gives them the perfect alibi to deny God or so they think. This is a letter from a friend of mine who wanted me to print it here. I don

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i brought ken ham up because youre using arguements that he uses all the time...and they have all been proven to be wrong..or outright lies

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well this has sure been enlightning. Thanks guys for all your help. I think I understand (I think) Lord God help these undisiplined people.

Edited by HopesDaughter

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I guess I'm just lying for Jesus. Since you are condescending to people, like HopesDaughter, and slandering my Savior (with the lie comment), I'm done debating with you.

Sorry, I didn't slander anyone's Savior, yours or mine. I made an accurate comment. The evidence for an old earth and for evolution is overwhelming. The evidence for 6 day creation, Noah's flood etc is non existent.

As for HopesDaughter--she needs to learn some science before she posts in areas she does not understand.

Atheists like you make us all look bad.

Assuming I am an atheist, why do I make you look bad?

Aside from your insulting tone and surliness? The oh so typial way you read apologetic forums and then find some Christian website to swoop in on and save everyone from their ignorance, as if you had that one special argument that would convince them. Personally the apologetics cliches are getting as annoying as the Christian ones.

Generally it is the Christians who are trying to save me. I have only suggested that people have some basic understanding of the science before they start making claims.

I am still waiting for Hope's Daughter to answer my questions based on her assertions. Seems to me not an unreasonable position to take. If that is surliness or, as we say in my family, tone abuse, I apologize. But I know more than the average bear about science in general and biology in particular and a pretty decent amount of theology as well.

from reading her post, i didn't really see an assertion. she made no claims about her knowledge one way or the other. she asked you a question. which you did not answer.

Not likely anyone with the attitudes displayed here would be interested in really learning something

:thumbsup::emot-hug::)

Seriously?

:D

Seriously

God Calls To You

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee
Jeremiah 31:3

Offering Holy Cleansing

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool
Isaiah 1:18

And His Light To Blinded Minds

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Can You See The Wonder Of The LORD

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
John 3:16

Seriously, Can You?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Please don't attack me for my ignorance of the answer to this question, I am only trying to understand.

Men's arrogance prefer conjecture to admitting they don't know or can't prove the creation account false

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

[in my opinion] the 6-day creation story in Genesis has been shown to be just that---a story.

there is no empirical evidence to support this position

extrapolations regarding radio dating of rocks have been proven to be wildly erratic and essentially worthless

Simply an incorrect statement. Try learning some science. Start with Darylmple, The Age of the Earth. Even if some of the math is tough, the basic explanation is understandable.

There is NO empirical evidence to support a young earth, none.

Does the Bible say that the earth is 6,000 years old, or is it in fact the story of a recreation.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:1-2NKJV

The Trouble With The Faithless

Your Hair May Hurt

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

And Worse, You May Step Into Eternity Naked

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame" Revelation 16:15

Unless You Repent

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:18

And Confess

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" Romans 10:9

And Believe

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

:)

That post made my hair hurt

:24::24::24:

Think Maybe A Haircut Would Help?

Maybe Not......

Where Does Men's Application Of Scientific Knowledge Give Testable and Repeatable Theories Of Beginnings

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear"

Hebrews 11:3

And Where Are The Results Of Laboratory Tests That Show The Way To Please God

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Hebrews 11:6

Why Do Some Seem Trapped In Labs And Only Come Out To Mock Faith?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

But Never Offer The Way To See The New Jerusalem

"By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God" Hebrews 11:9-10

And To Dwell In The House Of The LORD Forever

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:1-3

See Jesus And Believe

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/07/1988

there is no empirical evidence to support this position

extrapolations regarding radio dating of rocks have been proven to be wildly erratic and essentially worthless...the method relies on several key assumptions about the past which cannot possibly be validated...no one was there

similarly, speed of light extrapolations involving light from distant stars prove nothing, the Biblical Creationist understands God created the heavens and instantaneously inflated the cosmos...during which time did not exist

the 'big bang' theorist assumes a glob of highly dense matter, which was self creating and self sustaining, somehow magically inflated (the energy for which is completely unexplainable) and resulted in the beauty of untold billions of galaxies...such bankrupt thinking is absurd in the highest possible degree

everyone is religious to one extent or another, they either believe the Truth, or they believe foolish myths about origins...for 3500 years, the Word stands alone, and the fools blow away like dust

Are you short or dumpy? Who lied to you? I bet you own a rx-7 or a race bike.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Sorry, but the 6-day creation story in Genesis has been shown to be just that---a story.

By whom, jukia?? Did we miss something?? Do tell. :24: