• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

:

that's not doubletalk, it's common sense, and is exactly what i've ALWAYS felt should be done.

would you rather the parents be sent back while their children were placed in foster homes? the child's place is with the parents. if the parents aren't supposed to be here, they should be given a one way ticket home, and be afforded the GENEROUS priviledge of being ALLOWED to take their children with them.

:taped::24: Thank you and I agree!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

danny, my initial position (of total agreement with that) changed also when someone pointed out that birthright citizenship is constitutionally guaranteed. deporting the entire family would actually be more beneficial anyway, because it gets more illegals back across the border. and in today's social climate, might be easier to enforce such laws than to try and pass a constitutional ammendment on the issue. so i don't see his comment as a reversal of his opinion rather than a revision of an opinion based on the wisdom of knowing that his first idea would probably never pass the mustard. that's a smart man.

Lady C, I was just talking to someone about this today! :24: It would be nearly impossible to pass that amendment. Give me a realist over pie-in-the-sky politicians any day. I was really unhappy to learn that Gov. Huckabee lost out (barely) to John McCain in South Carolina. :taped:

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

My point here is that as Axxman highlighted is that Huckabee, dispite all his Christian overtones, has shown himself to be a consumate politician. He will say whatever he thinks will win him the election. Give me a candidate whose positions on the issues reflect his record as well as echo what he has said from the beginning. I'd just asume put a Morman in office as I would someone who talks out both sides of their mouth. I'm not concerned with his sense of "realism". Is he somehow more realistic than he was a couple months ago? If he meant what he said, in the first place, then he would not have changed his position at any point. It's not like he didn't understand how difficult passing an ammendment would be, it's that he was blowing smoke up our backsides. How can I trust what he says about the other issued if he can so easily change his mind about that one. How about his stance on a smoking ban?

If a man's dishonest to obtain a job, he'll be dishonest on the job. Iowans deserve better.

Check the sources here.

Here is more evidence of his flip flopping. This time about Gitmo.

Airing out Mikes Laundry.

The only thing I am urging here is that we all do our research and hopefully head each others council with regards to who may or may not be the best candidate. At this point I cannot trust that Mike Huckbees positions on the issues is genuine and therefor I am still undecided as to whom I will support. I had high hopes for Huckabee but he, like president Bush, has not lived up to the hype. Once again, given the candidates, we may be forced to vote for the person who stands the best chance of keeping A liberal from becomming president. Sadly, I fear this may not be enough.

I'd just asume put a Morman in office as I would someone who talks out both sides of their mouth.

The only thing I am urging here is that we all do our research and hopefully head each others council with regards to who may or may not be the best candidate. At this point I cannot trust that Mike Huckbees positions on the issues is genuine and therefor I am still undecided as to whom I will support. I had high hopes for Huckabee but he, like president Bush, has not lived up to the hype. Once again, given the candidates, we may be forced to vote for the person who stands the best chance of keeping A liberal from becomming president. Sadly, I fear this may not be enough.

Research tells me that the Mormon has done more gymnastics in the past couple of years than our Olympic team! He's, by no means, the only one who has but he holds the record for number. This link is to an Op-Ed piece but the same facts were reported on Meet The Press a while back. I would vote for Hillary before I would Mr. Romney.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7021900916.html

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I would vote for Hillary before I would Mr. Romney.

Ouch! thats Harsh and it says alot. So whos your top choice so far? And why?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I'd just asume put a Morman in office as I would someone who talks out both sides of their mouth.

Research tells me that the Mormon has done more gymnastics in the past couple of years than our Olympic team! He's, by no means, the only one who has but he holds the record for number. This link is to an Op-Ed piece but the same facts were reported on Meet The Press a while back. I would vote for Hillary before I would Mr. Romney.

LOL..you have to go back to the mid-90's to find Romney siding with gay rights and abortion. You have to back to last MONTH to see Huckabee's flip flops! Heck, even I've changed my opinion on some things since 10-14 yrs ago.

I don't see how a Christian person could seriously vote for Clinton or Obama given their record of supporting murder and abominations.

I would vote for Hillary before I would Mr. Romney.

Ouch! thats Harsh and it says alot. So whos your top choice so far? And why?

My choice is Mike Huckabee; failing that John McCain. If Romney gets the nomination I will simply not be a Republican anymore. :emot-hug:

LOL..you have to go back to the mid-90's to find Romney siding with gay rights and abortion. You have to back to last MONTH to see Huckabee's flip flops! Heck, even I've changed my opinion on some things since 10-14 yrs ago.

I don't see how a Christian person could seriously vote for Clinton or Obama given their record of supporting murder and abominations.

Well, this Christian person would rather gag and vote for Hillary Clinton (who is, at least, smart) than vote for a card carrying member of a satanic cult. I would never vote for Barak Obama though; no amount of rationalizing would make that work for me. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Well, this Christian person would rather gag and vote for Hillary Clinton (who is, at least, smart) than vote for a card carrying member of a satanic cult. I would never vote for Barak Obama though; no amount of rationalizing would make that work for me. :whistling:

Thats about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Technically, there is only ONE true church...so you could say that EVERYONE else is a card carrying member of the satanic church, including Hillary since she preaches humanism and agnosticism. I'm guessing you know very little about the modern Mormon church and its beliefs.

I will agree that Hillary is smart...but she supports murdering babies and homosexuality too...so she isn't exactly moral. I'll take a mormon with morals, over a Christian with none, anyday.

butero, i don't think i've ever heard or read hillary claim to be a christian. she claims to be a woman of faith. there is a huge difference... or at least there CAN be a huge difference. i've never heard her testify to Christ.