• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

:20:

:rolleyes: Maybe I'm feeling too woozy.

Maybe I should get my eyes re-checked.

Maybe I'm tired... But I've passed this thread a few times and I could've sworn that the header said:

Ann Coulter's "Christian Mumbo Gumbo"

Which didn't make much sense, but did make me curious... I mean, how religious can a soup/stew get? And what exactly is this Mumbo?

But what I thought was even more intriguing was imagining this cranky commentary in her short black skirt, stirring a big pot of hot steamy gumbo...

Now after reading though this thread, I'm rather disappointed that there is no recipe.

<Sigh> Oh well.

:(

Good night.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

who are "they"? i'm sure not going to support hillary. are you? :laugh:

When I mean "they" I mean many of the leaders of the Religious Right, the movement was never about furthering Christian values, it was just their way to gain power and influence.

As to who I am going to support, we are not at General Election stage yet. In the primaries on the Democratic side I am an Obama supporter, on the Republican side I like both McCain and Huckabee, however I think that McCain would definitely be the stronger candidate in a general election.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

The bottom line is for whatever reason the Republican machine has decided to trash Huckabe, arguably the only true evangelical Christian running on the Republican ticket. I just don

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The bottom line is for whatever reason the Republican machine has decided to trash Huckabe, arguably the only true evangelical Christian running on the Republican ticket. I just don

I don't see her remarks as being against christianity. I think that all she's saying is that huckabee is speaking a code-language that only christians understand.

So many christian are deep into our own sub-culture that we don't realize we are saying things that outsiders can't understand. Huckabee has spoken in christianese quite a bit and if that is what she is referring to, I would agree with her.

He did really well on Leno and does well when he is before a secular audience...but when he gets around a christian audience he begins to speak in christianese and I'm sure that make the uninitiated quite nervous.

He doesn't have a snowballs chance of winning the nomination but he might make a good choice for a candidate that needs to win the South....and all of them need that except for Thompson.

doesn't matter though.... McCain wins it all