irishcowboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

For anyone interested here is a link to some articles that may be interesting: http://www.savage-productions.com/debunkin...al_warming.html

I've been living in the desert for almost 18 years now [yuck, I'm a mountain girl at heart] and I'd say it's about average in temps here, we've had winters that were much warmer [spring like], much colder [20's and snows] and even a few that were downright soggy... I kinda miss the soggy ones.

Whether the weather be mild or whether the weather be not,

Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot,

We'll weather the weather whatever the weather,

Whether we like it or not.

It's all under God's control, the world will not end by the fantasies of man, but only by the Word, Will and timing of the Lord.

hi kittyjo!!!!

i've only lived here for seven years, but this has seemed to have far more COLD days than any other winter i've spent here!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

hi kittyjo!!!!

i've only lived here for seven years, but this has seemed to have far more COLD days than any other winter i've spent here!

I'd say that about the first 5-8 yrs here had some very cold winters we also had some soggy ones that reminded me a little of WA. state.. But we had a very unusual one back in 1994, it started off kinda cold and then February came and it was in the 80's, very spring like, reminding me of the time I lived in Redondo CA, and it stayed that way 'til mid May when it really started heating up. This year seems pretty average, a tiny bit cooler than recent years but, overall average.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I don't know about where you at, but it is colder than a mother-n-law's love here in the balmy south this winter. :24:

your right there...... my mother in law is one of the most loving ladies i know... her front door was open to anyone that needed a place to sit, eat, relax, stay..... no kidding..... I had the awesome privilege and honor to speak for her when she went home, it was an awesome day. it was one of the hardest days, but was one of the best days. I miss her dearly, and know that soon, i will be there with her, side by side, praising the Lord in person.... holding her hand again, singing with her..... I can not wait to give her a hug again....

so as far as being colder then mom's love? yep, you are absolutely correct.... :24: she knew no strangers.....

mike

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

well here in the mojave desert, it's dipping below freezing when the sun goes down, that's highly unusual for this part of the country!

And here, on the Gulf of Mexico, this is the coldest weather for the longest time that I can remember. Some winters I never turn my furnace on at all but.....it has gotten some use the past two weeks. :24:

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

You guys do realize that just because its colder than normal in one area, it does not mean that its colder than normal in other areas. In fact, the reason why much the Continental U.S. is experiencing such cold temperatures is that Alaska is experiencing extremely warm temperatures for this time of year and that has created a trough in the jet stream that has forced arctic air into the central U.S.

As it is, 2007, despite being a La Nina year is tied with 1998 as the second warmest year on record worldwide:

Climatologists at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City have found that 2007 tied with 1998 for Earth

Well, as I have heard so many time from the wacko's "Global warming also causes flashes of intense cold"

:o

Oh No! And here I was counting on Global Warming to heat my home and bath for free! :emot-handshake::):)

Well, as I have heard so many time from the wacko's "Global warming also causes flashes of intense cold"

:)

Oh No! And here I was counting on Global Warming to heat my home and bath for free! :emot-handshake::):)

And I still get to wear that new coat I got for Christmas! :o:) :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

wouldn't that mean her love was warm, not cold? :emot-highfive:

exactly, it doesnt have to be very cold to be colder then her love.... :whistling:

mike