Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Since you were speaking of personal experiences with God, I thought I'd give my own.

I was brought up in a Christian home, but did see hypocracy, unfortunately. Anyway, when I was 17, I really, really, really wanted to go to a Christian trip to Florida. It was a youth group and we'd be able to go to Disney World, Marineland, etc, as well as services each night. So I prayed. I told no one of my prayers. I knew my family couldn't afford to send me and I didn't ask, nor did I want them to know that I wanted them to go. I didn't want to burden them. So I prayed every night silently. A Christian woman in a nearby town (we lived in another town) who was barely an acquaintance of my family felt that she should send me on this trip. Now, get this. I had a 16 year old sister and this woman had an 18 and 19 year old son. She said that when she prayed, she heard my name over and over and she knew she was to send ME. Wow, if that's not enough. Long story short, I went on this trip and boy, first time away from ma and pa and I screwed up. I smoked for the first time, hung out with the wrong crowd, got into trouble, got a boyfriend and didn't go all the way or anything and only attended ONE service, out of 7 nightly services. Then, my parents found out I got in trouble there and I got grounded at home. I then wondered why God even bothered to send me at all. Later, I found a non-Christian boyfriend and became a backslider pretty quickly. Got pregnant, got married and found myself very very unhappy and very very alone living with this young man who was all wrong for me. Je fooled around a LOT, hit me, threw me down and usually just ignored me. I was at a very low point - probably my owest actually. I was at a party with my friends. We were sitting around this friend's kitchen table - about 10 of us, and a girlfriend and I began to chat. I said to her, "I don't even know if I believe in God. In fact, why should I? Just because I was raised that way?" And then, there was the voice. Unmistakably not my own. Against my thought process, the voice entered my mind. It clear, concise and the voice gently said "Because I made myself real to you". I started sobbing right there at the kitchen table, as the whole Florida story came back to my memory.

So, about a year later, I was out of the relationship. (He was physically and verbally abusive) and I was on my own with my daughter. Right, after I left him, I started reading my Bible and praying but soon afterward just kind of stopped. Anyway, I found a perfect townhouse and was getting my life together for the first time. I was 22 years old and felt proud of myself that I had a job and a place for myself and my daughter. I'd just finished unpacking boxes and my daughter wanted to go and play outside in the nearby playground, so we went out and I watched her slide down the slide. In my mind, I looked at her and thought to myself (I think it's a line from a movie) "Well, it's just you and me kid". Right then and there, I felt something. Something awesome that came upon me like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. It was an awesome and totally undescribable feeling of peace. It came upon me and lasted all of about 3 or 4 seconds but it was PROFOUND. It didn't come anywhere from within me. It came upon me and enveloped me. And I knew it was God saying "Hey, I'm here with you too".

A few years later, out of God's will and I knew it, I married another abusive man, although this man was mentally abusive, not physically. (Yes, I'm pretty stubborn and have to learn the hard way) Anyway, after 10 years, I sought councelling and found God allowing me out of the marriage. While married, I'd had terrible insomnia. I couldn't fall asleep for hours, and if I did, I'd wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. While deciding to leave this man, I wondered how I'd be able to sleep at night. Well, the first night I in my new apartment I fell asleep quickly but did wake up. I actually woke up three times. Each time I awoke, the same sense of overwhelming peace came upon me - again, only for a matter of a few seconds, yet it was nothing short of awesome and unmistakably not from within myself. It was God, telling me in no uncertain terms, that He was with me and I was exactly where I was to be. You'd think that with a feeling like that that is so remarkable, I'd be up out of bed praising God, but the peace was so real, I just remember smiling and quickly falling right back to sleep.

I've since married a wonderful Christian man. The first night we met, we discussed being foster parents, if you can believe it. It's 6 years later and we are fostering children. I'd always had a soft spot in my heart for foster kids - befriending them, begging my parents for a foster sister or brother (despite the fact I had 3 siblings) And NOW I know why. God put this on my heart and found me the man that was willing and very able to help me perform this task.

My God is real and He is an awesome God! He's made it clear that He cares about me and I'll never forget it! I know that like I know I'm sitting here writing on this message board.

I have another story actually concerning my mother. She worked late out of town and was getting back into the city at about 11:30 at night. It was dark when she was driving on the outskirts of town and there were no streetlights. She suddenly saw a brilliant figure and swerved so as to not hit him. As she swerved, she saw two other figures, not wearing reflective clothing. She sideswiped an oncoming car. Both cars did 360 degree turns and ended up on the wrong side of the roads. A driver of a car witnessed the accident and called on his cell phone for help. The police arrived. No one was hurt, some were taken to the hospital by ambulance. The police officer went to my mom's hospital room later the same night (which would have been early morning) and asked her to give her statement. She told the officer of the person wearing the bright reflective clothing - the one who caused her to swerve in the first place. The officer told her that there had only been 2 rollerbladers - not three. All the other statements of the other witnesses said so. My mom insisted that there were three. Had it not been for the one in the bright reflective clothing, she would have hit the other rollerbladers. The officer left my mother's hospital room and came back the next day giving her some time. Well, the next day, my mom stuck to her story! My mom and of course, I as well, beleive that she saw an angel, which caused her to swerve her car away and avoid hitting someone else. At that place in the road, the speed limit was about 90 km per hour, so one of those guys could have easily been killed.

My God is amazing, He's mysterious, He's loving, forgiving, He's so kind and simply awesome. I sincerley hope you will get to know Him soon.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
-Who cares about what the koran says???

Take it to a muslim board, would ya?

Please forgive my bluntness.

--YAAAAAAA!!--WHAT HE SAID---CEPT I WANNA BE BLUNT WITHOUT BEING

-PARDONED--FOR BEING BLUNT--- :o;):D WHY do WE need to "SEE"

-all the garbage from a murdering-hypocritical-REligious -WHACKO??hmm? ;)

-ohhhh-yeah I seem to remember a {Contract-HIT}being put on a man's head who simply wrote a book-about islam--{A world-wide-contract hit}offered by the muslim world---{Salman--Rushde}-I think was his name & he had to go into hiding to keep from being MURDERED by ANY muslim--werld-wide!!!-yeah moslem --peacefull religion---in a---PIGS EYE

-Mud_pie.gif-I think the RUSSIANS had a VERY NOVEL way of dealing with terrorists--seems like some muslims kidnapped a Russian-Diplomat---& sent the mans little finger to the Russian Embassy-----WeLLLLL--The Russians had a very capable informatin-Gathering-Service--the KGB-

-wellll it seems the KGB discovered WHO some of the kidnappers were--went out & found one of the male kinfolks of one of the kidnappers--cut-him into several nice pieces--sewed him up in a PIG-Skin--& left his pig-skin-covered body in a MAIN street of the village that one terrorist was from--within hours the Russian-Diplomat was REleased UNharmed any further--

-Have there been ANY MORE REPORTS of Russian diplomats--soldiers-citizens--being kidnapped--murdered-harmed in any manner-by Arab terrorists???

-hmmmmmm???very effective way to deal with terrorists-huhh?? :o;):o just a Thought- :blink::o

Guest ILive4Him

artsylady, what a beautfiul testimony! thanks for sharing. Yes our God is real, and beautiful, and loving.

shadow, I agree with you that we cannot give in to terrorists.

Kerry wants to be nice to them. hmmm

Guest shadow2b

-

My only purpose of being here is to educate. I am not here to convert, make people 'see the light' or to preach fire and brimstone. I am merely here to correct mistakes about islam and to answer any questions people have about Islam.

-ANSWER QUESTIONS huhhhhh??Okey-dokey---

-Question #1-----

-Does the koran teach that JEWS & Christians are to be KILLED???- :D

-#2----ARE ALL NON-MUSLIMS called INFIDELS?? :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

-Who cares about what the koran says???

Take it to a muslim board, would ya?

Please forgive my bluntness.

--YAAAAAAA!!--WHAT HE SAID---CEPT I WANNA BE BLUNT WITHOUT BEING

-PARDONED--FOR BEING BLUNT---    WHY do WE need to "SEE"

-all the garbage from a murdering-hypocritical-REligious -WHACKO??hmm? 

-ohhhh-yeah I seem to remember a {Contract-HIT}being put on a man's head who simply wrote a book-about islam--{A world-wide-contract hit}offered by the muslim world---{Salman--Rushde}-I think was his name & he had to go into hiding to keep from being MURDERED by ANY muslim--werld-wide!!!-yeah moslem --peacefull religion---in a---PIGS EYE

--I think the RUSSIANS had a VERY NOVEL way of dealing with terrorists--seems like some muslims kidnapped a Russian-Diplomat---& sent the mans little finger to the Russian Embassy-----WeLLLLL--The Russians had a very capable informatin-Gathering-Service--the KGB-

-wellll it seems the KGB discovered WHO some of the kidnappers were--went out & found one of the male kinfolks of one of the kidnappers--cut-him into several nice pieces--sewed him up in a PIG-Skin--& left his pig-skin-covered body in a MAIN street of the village that one terrorist was from--within hours the Russian-Diplomat was REleased UNharmed any further--

-Have there been ANY MORE REPORTS of Russian diplomats--soldiers-citizens--being kidnapped--murdered-harmed in any manner-by Arab terrorists???

-hmmmmmm???very effective way to deal with terrorists-huhh??    just a Thought- 

:rolleyes::t2::t2:

When will I aquire your wisom, oh Shadowed one??

t.

Guest bluesun

Dear Yod,

You quote the New Testament writings where Jesus speaks about the Comforter. Yet you disregard where the New Testament itself interprets this Comforter as being the Holy Spirit which came on the Feast of Shavuot after Yeshua's ascension.
I think I have given the reason as to why Muslims do not think of the

Guest bluesun
You have to look at this from the Mid-Eastern perspective, not the Western persective. Remember how often Jesus spoke in parables? Like so many others He spoke to, He wanted this man to think - "Who do you say that I am?" Yes, it is very subtle, so subtle most people don't see it. But Jesus the Messiah was truly testing the heart of this young man.

Guest bluesun

Dear WorkinProgress,

responding to your last post:

Bluesun - would you please address the above quote? I looked for an answer to these accusations in your reply and didn't see any. Thanks.
I did not respond to the above allegations about prophet Muhammad [pbuh] because I thought it was obvious that they are the result of blind hate, i.e. that they have not basis except ignorance and wilful false portrayal of his character [by the authors of the website. I

Guest bluesun

Dear IliveforHim,

as a muslim, i cannot accept your false statements about Islam/Muhammad [pbuh]. So please allow me to address these somewhat:

here are some websites you can read that are well researched and well written.

www.islamreview.com

www.voiceofthebelievers.com

Take Islamreview for example: it is neither a well-researched nor an authoritative source on Islam. The website states that