• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Intelligence about Jesus faulty Pilate admits

(AP) Jerusalem -- After months of insisting that specially trained cohorts roaming the hill country in and around Galilee would soon turn up conclusive proof that Jesus of Nazareth posed "a unique and urgent threat" to Roman hegemony in the Near East and menaced the interests of "friends and allies alike," Pontius Pilate has finally yielded to intense pressure and admitted today that such claims were based upon "faulty intelligence" provided to him by the Sanhedrin, among other organizations.

He also said he is still considering whether to appear before a special Good Friday Commission appointed to investigate the intelligence lapse.

Jesus of Nazareth, the itinerant preacher who enraged some leaders of the Temple in Jerusalem while unsettling Roman authorities with his pronouncements that he was "the Son of Man" was executed on Pilate's orders last year in the midst of the Jewish feast of Passover. Among charges leveled against him was a particularly damning claim that, operating out of a heretofore unidentified kingdom called "Peace" in which he was Prince, he was assembling a huge army of potential martyrs. Efforts to locate Peace, however, have to date proved futile, sources close to the Roman Provincial Authority in Jerusalem now concede.

Despite that failure and despite the embarrassment the episode has caused Pilate and, indeed, the entire Pax Romana, Pilate went on to say that he still has "complete and total faith in the Sanhedrin and, in particular, its director the High Priest Caiaphas."

"I got good intelligence," Pilate said. "And I acted on it in good faith"'

But even in admitting that "intelligence mistakes were made," Pilate continued to insist that his decision to order the scourging and crucifixion was still justified.

"In an age like this when we can never know when the next terrorist attack by Sicarii or Zealots might occur, we can't afford the luxury of having our fears confirmed by a pillar of smoke rising above our cities and towns," Pilate said. "I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jesus was a madman. He posed a danger to the peace and stability of the entire world -- at least the part of it that's known. It's my job to keep the Roman Empire safe and that's what I'm going to do. I can't just wash my hands of my responsibilities."

Meanwhile, another investigation into the source of the leak that identified Jesus of Nazareth to Sanhedrin guards who came to arrest him in the Garden of Gethsemane, has stalled over what some investigators say is a lack of cooperation on the part of the offices of the RPA and of the Temple. Asked whether he expected arrests to be made in that case, Pilate said only that "Tracking down leaks is a tricky business. We may never know who fingered Jesus."

-- Rich Broderick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

God's will is done regardless of the best intelligence of men.

Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, "Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure: "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it seems blasphemous to compare Jesus to Saddam Insane and make them morally equivalent.

:t2:

I agree.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Jesus himself made the comparison.

Mat 25: 44

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Saddam was only one of the fifty thousand slaughtered by the Americans, with hundreds of thousands wounded, that

Guest LadyC

you need some serious help nebucadnezzer. SERIOUS help.

first, that scriptural passage does not show Jesus equating himself morally with the likes of saddam. second, saddam was not slaughtered. last i heard he was still very much alive and kicking, but in custody. third, america didn't slaughter innocent iraqis. some civilian casualties are always going to occur in a war, but this war was necessary and just.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Neb, Neb, Neb:

I disagree with you 100%, but I gotta' admit it: That post WAS FUNNY!

Still, I think you need SERIOUS MEDS.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Neb its not often that you raise my dander, I usually pass off your postings as someone who is truly misguided but you have crossed the line.

What possesses you to compare a murdering, sadistic coward with our Lord and Savior? Christ never murdered, raped, tortured, starved, imprisioned or starved the people. He took our sins upon Himself and gave up His life here on earth for us in atonement for our sins.

Saddam has systematically committed genocide, murder, rape, starving the people, impriosoned those who opposed his views, used chemical weaponry against his own people etc. And you say the American slaughtered the Iraq people? We have sent food, medicine, technology which in turn was stolen by saddams troops for the starving masses. Yes some Iraq people have died in the war but never have the Americans targeted innocents expressly to murder them as you allege. Those causalties are people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Might I suggest to you that in the future before you post such inane, unfounded and completely false comments you take the time to think about which master you are serving?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Neb! I like your screen name. along with your post has kinda got me scrathing my head. Could we have another reason for those posts like the above. I wonder!!!!!!! :laugh::wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest inhisrest4evr

God Jehovah declared, your enemies have become My enemies. Saddam(the self-appointed NEB of Iraq) and many others who surround Israel(God's chosen people) and declare death to the Zionists are the enemies of our God Jehovah. No weapon formed against us shall prosper and every tongue that rises up in judgement WE shall condemn(by every word that procedes from the mouth of our God).Iraq called out to the sword of God when they touched the apple of God's eye. This is not about America in the sense of a physical war, but America as being used as a sword of judgement against those who dare mock God by conceiving evil plans in secret to come against the beloved of God. Call on your allah, he will join you shortly in the place of eternal fire and torment. One day you will stand before the Judgement seat of God and because He is so Holy you will crumble in shame because of the vain words that come out of your mouth. All your worldly knowledge that you use to insult God, His Son and His people will become your judge in the presence of our Holy God. But most of all I hope you never blasphemy the Holy Spirit, but by the way you write I am almost convinced you already have at some point in your life, the life God gave you. Let Gods perfect will be done on the earth as it is in heaven. Lord, forgive him for he knows not what he does, in Jesus name . Lord, destroy the gods of Neb and open his eyes to who You are, the One, True God of all and our Savior, Your Son, Jesus Christ, who will one day rule and reign over all the nations of the earth. The nations of the earth have become the nations of our God and of His Christ, amen and amen