Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

God gave you a brain and a heart of your own, if you would only take the time to believe it.

throw away the bible then and follow your heart.

theyre only black letters on paper.

Read your Bible and serve God rather than man.

you serve God by "following your heart and brain?"

thats really serving yourself.

fortunately, authority is found in every aspect of life.

it does....

do you sleep well at night? the government says "your welcome."

do you get a paycheck? your job says "good job."

if you dont pay your rent the land lord kicks you out. lol...pay your rent!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Or what if your husband wants to do something stupid like buy a pleasure yacht you can't afford?

Now you might not technicly be able to prevent him from going and buying it on his on without you, but you'd be a fool not to voice your oppinion, and you'd be an even bigger fool to go sign a bill or a loan document with him, knowing you can't afford it. So even in situations where something isn't necessarily even "sin" in the strictest sense, wisdom would demand you disagree, unless you like the idea of "submitting" from a prison cell or a gutter in a back alley after they repo your house and other stuff.

You know what..if my husband came in and said that and I said "Love of my life I think it is a bad idea please do not do it , pray first.."

and He wanted it and did it then so be it...

I would rather live in poverty and have my husband learn that he needs to hear from God..

A lot more important that mere things...

Man we all need to learn to obey God's voice... if it is hard lesson then it is a hard lesson...

What percentage of women are in jail for obeying their husbands...????

My guess there are more in jail for not obeying...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Please keep this thread on focus. The OP has repeatedly asked to keep this on focus and subject.

Peace,

Dave

Est 1:16 And Memucan answered before the king and princes, Vashti the queen has not only done wrong to the king, but also to all the princes, and to all the people who are in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus.

Est 1:17 For the matter of the queen shall go out to all women, so that their husbands shall be despised in their eyes, and it shall be reported that King Ahasuerus commanded to bring Vashti the queen in before him, but she did not come.

Est 1:18 And this day the princesses of Persia and Media shall say the same to all the king's princes who have heard of the deed of the queen. And there will be contempt and strife.

I was just reading this and noticed something..

the law went out after the queen refused to come to the king..

The law was to prevent contempt and strife ...

if she had obeyed her husband it sure would have been better for her.

God gives us "laws" to protect us not to bind us up and hurt us...

If we will only hear Him and obey Him we can live in unity like we have never experienced before..

I thank God for order ...chaos makes me crazy... :th_praying:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Once again, we have someone attempting to teach us to rebel against authorities. Why stop with teaching women to rebel? Why not add children to the mix. Perhaps it is not wise for them to obey their parents. Add adults when it comes to their relationship to God to the mix. After all, God did give us a brain and a heart of our own. Surely he would want us to stop obeying him and do our own thing.

1 Samuel 15:23a For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubborneness is as iniquity and idolatry.

Nice one. Hey, believe what you like, but the 3 childrend indeed DID "rebel" against Nebuchadnezzar. and they were rewarded for their FAITH in defying a man to serve God.

As were the APOSTLES when they disobeyed the Jewish and Roman leaders who forbade them to preach the name of Jesus.

The Bible clearly teaches that we in fact ARE supposed to rebel against authority when that authority persuades us to sin, or forbids us to serve God in a Biblical manner.

16Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.

17But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.

18And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

19But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

20For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. 21So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done

---

15Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

----

Now while these various examples are extreme, they still show my point:

You do not submit to authority "whether or not they do right".

Once agin, vickylynn said:

The main thing for us women to realize is what you just posted:

The submissive role is not abrogated if the husband is a non-Christian.

This is where I think so many people get into trouble. If the MAN is not in his role, then some think that means the woman should step in. Not so! We are to remain in our roles as women, whether or not the man does the right thing.

How can a christian seriously sit there and type that?

Please, do read your Bible.

----

and then a man comes on here and accuses me of "witchcraft" because I said you should in fact NOT submit to a person who is doing wrong.?!

So, you're at work. Boss tells you to do something unbiblical. What do you do?

"Boss, I don't care, you can fire me if you want to, I'm NOT lying to that client..."

U.S. congress passes a law saying you can't pray to Jesus. What do you do? You rebel, as Daniel did!

Daniel 6:10

Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

Or what if your husband wants to do something stupid like buy a pleasure yacht you can't afford?

Now you might not technicly be able to prevent him from going and buying it on his on without you, but you'd be a fool not to voice your oppinion, and you'd be an even bigger fool to go sign a bill or a loan document with him, knowing you can't afford it. So even in situations where something isn't necessarily even "sin" in the strictest sense, wisdom would demand you disagree, unless you like the idea of "submitting" from a prison cell or a gutter in a back alley after they repo your house and other stuff.

:th_praying:

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

:th_praying: Is this the equivalent to "amen" or "awoman" :)

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom WSB,

Whew! The Mods have asked you repeatedly to calm down and stay on topic. I will not address your off-topic remarks for they are in rebellion to the authority of this board.

You know WSB, that's what this is all about - rebellion to authority. G-d takes a dim view of that, especially and specifically in a marriage.

The husband, as the Scriptures declare is the HEAD of the wife, that is the spiritual authority. He answers to G-d for his actions concerning the spiritual well-being of his wife.

You cannot argue against the Scriptures which state the order of the home is as follows:

Husband

Wife

Children

Like it or not, that is what G-d set up as the order. We have the choice to obey it or be in rebellion. Which should we choose?

I do not stick with many threads..

a lot of them are just folks have fun or just wanting to debate or whatever..

but this is important..

More important than I have words for..

I have gone through hell because I did not see the need or the importance of being in submission to my husband..If one young heart is touched and is changed because they have read this thread I will rejoice ..

They will not have to go through all I did..

Family of God...how do we teach our young people Gods order for His people ....

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

:noidea: Is this the equivalent to "amen" or "awoman" :blink:

LOL!! :laugh: