• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/15/1989

I like simpsons, spongebob squarepants, rugrats, grown up, flintstones, pebbles and bam bam, jetsons, and all the acme cartoons with the looney toons, tiny toons ummmmmmmmmmm there are several more, I don't really watch much tv anymore, but when I do its one of those shows.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The cartoons of the Three Stooges were good as well. It started with an intro (color TV BTW!) of the real Stooges setting the stage for the following cartoon and then it ended back with the Stooges. Fun stuff!

Guest Bobtep23

Ninja Turtles is making a comeback! Haven't seen it but I've seen the action figures "reappear"

This is a cartoon but I can't get enough of that 70's show. That is hilarious

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Wow someone watched to much TV as a kid. Or as an adult :t2:

I can't get enough of the Simpsons. One of the "greatest" cartoons of all time. Some of the things they talk about are not the best but everytime I sit down and watch it I spend half the show cracking up. The other half is spent watching commercials :wac:

naaaa, didnt watch too much TV,

mostly, when we had a TV we only had three channels, we were allowed to watch tv on saterday mornings unless there was something mom or dad wanted us to do, and maybe a bit after school, if homework and chores was done....

as far as the new cartoons, ( simpsons to name one ) are mostly trashy, I dont like them and do not allow them to be shown in this house, they cut down family, they promote drinking, they promote cutting other people down.....heard some one talking about king of the hill, how good it was, watched one time and with in just a couple minutes, the tv was turned off......

when cussin is being used in the cartoons, or any show, it is not allowed, for what you place in your body or mind will become planted and grow.... whether it is good or bad, it will grow.... what goes in thru the eyes, and in thru the ears, will imbed itself into the heart...... and mind......

I dont need to continually touch the red hot stove to know that it is still hot, i dont need to keep looking at trash to know that it is still trash....

when a person looks at something, the image will be etched into the mind for a long long long time to come..... even years can go by before it is erased. we need to be careful about what we allow to be seen, or heard. even hearing things can place that in the mind to where you can hear the person that said it, still saying it a very long time later.

what may seem inocent now, may only seem as such because of being bombarded with stuff that is so much worse.

the last thing i watched on TV, is part ( only about an hour ) of the Masters tour.

prior to that was three days ago, i watched a dvd of Laural and Hardy, and prior to that was Red Fury...... have not watched a cartoon for several weeks at least.

not worth even watching the news, for the weatherman cant even get the days it is going to rain or not rain right...... so why bother...

mike

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

:P Did no one say Scooby Dooby Doo!!!! I loved Scoobsters as a kid....ok I'll admit it I still do....

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Your WIFE????? All this time, I thought you were a WOMAN!!! !!!! :t2::P:P:P

As for cartoons - I will go out on a limb and be the wet blanket. I HATE HATE HATE them! They are totally disrespectful and, like many of today's sitcoms, are full of bratty, smart mouthed kids. And, today's cartoons are NOT for children, they are full of adult humor, yet they are targeted at children. How does THAT make sense?? And, this is a constant argument with my husband - I do not want my kids sitting in front of garbage mind-mush like Spongebob for hours, when they could be educating their minds with Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, History........cable is FULL of interesting stuff. Even a good movie would be more educating than mind mush. I don't mind them watching t.v, even quite a bit of it - it's WHAT they watch - and cartoons have NO educational value.

To end my rant, I'll share a cartoon I cut out of the paper recently and hung on my refridgerator -

It has two sides. A "THEN" (in past history) side, and a "NOW" (modern day) side.

In the "THEN" side, a little boy says to his mother - "Captian Kangeroo says to always remember your manners."

In the "NOW" side - a little boy says to his mother - "Spongebob just farted! heehehee".

I rest my case.

Guest mcm42

:oww:

It's true cartoons "TODAY" do struggle to have any value whatsoever. But Come on THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!

They had educational values... I mean there's. :t2: ... well :t2: he heck 'em :o ...

and well.. :t2:

Never mind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/15/1989

Well.. I like cartoons.. lol.. I will never stop.. ima big kid.. lol

who watches captain kangaroo..

and what kid wants to watch the discovery channel? lol

its not just cartoons.. its EVERYTHING that is changing now.. every thing is becoming more adult and stuff...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

I do not want my kids sitting in front of garbage mind-mush like Spongebob for hours, when they could be educating their minds with Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, History........cable is FULL of interesting stuff. Even a good movie would be more educating than mind mush. I don't mind them watching t.v, even quite a bit of it - it's WHAT they watch - and cartoons have NO educational value.

Do kids HAVE to be learning 24 hours a day? I can understand not wanting them to spend 8 hours in front of mind-numbing cartoons, but for